PDA

View Full Version : WL tarps on the river

cataraftgirl
07-15-2012, 07:57
First river trip for my new WL Wild River Big Otter tarp. It worked fantastic. Good shade with the green color and it survived a couple thunderstorms with no leaks detected. I did not seam seal it before the trip and I was very pleased that we had no leaks. At our final camp, we put up both the Big Otter and my Big Daddy for extra shade (pictured). My friends were impressed with the quality, light weight, ease of put up & take down, and packability of the WL tarps. Thanks again to Marty for helping me with the design on the Big Otter.
KJ

richtorfla
07-15-2012, 08:19
Nice set up! Weather looks great. Hope yout trip is/was a success! Liked the scenery behind the tarps!

dragon360
07-15-2012, 08:41
That is one beautiful piece of gear you have there - congrats!

cataraftgirl
07-15-2012, 09:01
9 days on the Main Salmon river in Idaho. The temps were mid to upper 90s so the tarps were a life saver. So easy to put up with 8 people helping, 2-3 oars, and a ton of tarp line....plus a few rocks/trees/tarp stakes/and sometimes even the rafts. Take down and packing was a breeze. My friends couldn't believe I could get the tarps back in the small stuff sacks in about 5 minutes. I had another silnylon tarp last summer that was light gray in color, and the green color worked much better for shade production.

StumpJumper
07-15-2012, 09:20
Looks like an amazing trip. 9-days on the river.... I wish I could carve out the time! I'm jealous! We used to do 2-3 on the Deschutes when I lived in Oregon.

I picked up a WL Tadpole in green and concur about the solar effectiveness. It's also quite appealing visually.

Thanks for the pics!

HC

nateseviltwin
07-16-2012, 08:14
Love the pics and WL! Thanks for sharing