PDA

View Full Version : Looking to replace Clark Suspension lines

RTR
09-09-2008, 00:57
Hey looking to replace my suspension lines with some real light weight cord. I have a loop tied into my current line with webbing and a cinch buckle as my adjustment system. I want to get lighter even if it is a few grams. AmSteel Blue looks like the stuff. I am asking to find out what is the smallest diameter line I can safely use without cutting through the Clark's Hammock Body hanging loop (Not sure that has a name so I tried to explain it. If it does please teach). I wont be sliding back and forth through it just making a loop the same way it is attached now.

headchange4u
09-09-2008, 11:33
I think the 7/64 Amsteel Blue should be plenty strong enough for your needs.

RTR
09-09-2008, 14:37
I think the 7/64 Amsteel Blue should be plenty strong enough for your needs.

So your saying that the 2.5mm will not saw threw the fabric? I would have figured it would have for sure. Nice I am gonna give it a try. I have a West Marine store in my area so I am going to stop by there and see what they have first. If I can find something similar I am going to save the shipping money and purchase local.

hangnout
09-09-2008, 19:07
So your saying that the 2.5mm will not saw threw the fabric? I would have figured it would have for sure. Nice I am gonna give it a try.

It does not have a cover and is fairly "slick" so it should work. I use something similar on my setup and have not seen any wear. I would stay away from a covered line like Spyderline etc though.