PDA

View Full Version : Question about hanging a Clark

sam4msu
09-23-2008, 18:26
Do you just hang it tight or do you need to hang it with a certain amount of sag? I have never heard anyone mention using a ridgeline with a Clark.

Manach
09-23-2008, 20:11
Hang it with some sag. If you can put it on a ring buckle system, do so. Then you can get in, adjust the sag, and repeat until you get it right.

I don't think you'd want to put a structural ridgeline in a Clark, though I don't know whether or not it's been done.

cavediver2
09-23-2008, 20:46
Do you just hang it tight or do you need to hang it with a certain amount of sag? I have never heard anyone mention using a ridgeline with a Clark.

some have used a ridgeline for the tarp and then clip the rest of the hammock to the ridgeline. But Clark made there not to have a ridge line and works best that way. I hang mine pretty tight the natural body weight will give you some sag in it.

and yes if you want change to ring and buckle system. I have not done that to mine yet but I am planning on doing that to my North American first and if it does good and does not leave me wet I will do that to my NX-200 at a later date.