PDA

View Full Version : Switchback going on a Circuit Hike - Signup!

Darby
08-12-2012, 20:14
Hey Folks,

We have been getting quite a few questions about where one can try or look at a Switchback. Trying to find someone online who is close enough and is willing to loan out their Switchback can be a nightmare, so we have come up with a solution. We are going to put our gear on a Circuit Hike. We will ship a new Switchback 1.9 DL rigged with our new Ring Buckle Suspension & 12' Tree Straps and our 10'x12' CatCut Tarp to the first person who posts a request and PM's us with the request (the posts take precedence). They get to try it out for 10 days. They will then ship it (at their cost) to the second person (similar to the "Pay it Forward Box"). In the PM, please include your "ship to" postal address, email address and a phone #(email & phone is for our records and wont be given out to anyone). We will send your "ship to" address to the person sending you the gear.
There are a few rules to this:
1. You must be a Hammock Forums member in the lower 48.
2. Please, do not modify the Hammock, Suspension, or Tarp.
3. If the Hammock, Suspension or Tarp becomes damaged, DO NOT FORWARD, return it to us.
4. Please forward after the allotted 10 days.
5. Keep the gear as clean as possible.
6. Please, no pets in the Hammock, someone who receives it after you may be allergic to them.
7. The last person to receive it will then ship it to us after their 10 days.

We will ship once we have a minimum of 10 requests. Once we receive the kit back, we will then auction it off (silent auction by PM) with the proceeds going to Hammock Forums.

Cheers, Dale & John

Signup Spreadsheet Link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj7EdnXJMlo6dDVldVhtSlNXNzU2dThqRGFOdnpkN Xc#gid=0)

bully938
08-12-2012, 20:20
Darby - What a great deal. I have been wanting the try the switchback out for a while and this will make it super easy. Thanks for the offer.

PM sent

mountainhanger
08-12-2012, 20:53
well there ya go i ordered one two days ago and here ya go with this ,,,lol thats ok i will be awaiting my arrival waiting for the shipping notice...u know the levels of anticipation and btw thanks for the incredible response and answering the phone and all the questions a noob has!
tim

Darby
08-12-2012, 21:29
well there ya go i ordered one two days ago and here ya go with this ,,,lol thats ok i will be awaiting my arrival waiting for the shipping notice...u know the levels of anticipation and btw thanks for the incredible response and answering the phone and all the questions a noob has!
tim

It's hard to call it work when you love what you do.

Cheers, Dale

HomeMadeHiker
08-12-2012, 21:29
Sounds awesome Ive been wondering about these. Pm in bound.

kmanclutch
08-12-2012, 21:53
I've been wanting to try one out. pm coming.

Shotgunred
08-12-2012, 21:58
Would love to try out the Switchback! I have been looking at the 1.1DL. PM sent

L.D. Cakes
08-12-2012, 22:03
I was hoping you would come to the Hot Springs Hang again this year so a friend who wants to try one could. Is it in your plans?

Winterwind
08-12-2012, 22:26
tim

Hey Mountainhanger; Ordered a 1.9dl last week.Called to make sure it was in stock,put the order in on line{paid by Postal mo],and they shipped the next day by priorty mail[my request].Got it in 3 days. I watched it all the way by usps tracking.Excellent alignment,stitching,material[olive brown]. Now I just need to find time to use it! Darby and crew do excellent work.

Kallorne
08-12-2012, 22:45
I'd love to get on the list and try it out...pm incoming

It would be cool keep a log book or something that with it to record of first impressions, pics, etc and pass it along with the hammock and auction with it so the final owner gets to see all the places it's been...gives it a little history and character you know.

mountainhanger
08-13-2012, 03:58
Hey Mountainhanger; Ordered a 1.9dl last week.Called to make sure it was in stock,put the order in on line{paid by Postal mo],and they shipped the next day by priorty mail[my request].Got it in 3 days. I watched it all the way by usps tracking.Excellent alignment,stitching,material[olive brown]. Now I just need to find time to use it! Darby and crew do excellent work.

Thanks! I ordered mine late friday and when I taked to him he said that if not saturday then Monday it will be shipped! so you know i am stoked today! which means i will have it with time to spare before my next long weekend and first group hang!

mountainhanger
08-13-2012, 03:59
I'd love to get on the list and try it out...pm incoming

It would be cool keep a log book or something that with it to record of first impressions, pics, etc and pass it along with the hammock and auction with it so the final owner gets to see all the places it's been...gives it a little history and character you know.

Excllent idea! maybe bully 938 will start one and send it along:D

smithobx
08-13-2012, 07:46
I was hoping you would come to the Hot Springs Hang again this year so a friend who wants to try one could. Is it in your plans? I am going to try to make the hang, but it depends on scheduling. If I can make it I will bring an extra hammock for your friend to try. John

L.D. Cakes
08-13-2012, 07:59
I am going to try to make the hang, but it depends on scheduling. If I can make it I will bring an extra hammock for your friend to try. John

That's Fantastic John! DBird came with me last year and wound up buying a WBBB after that. But she hasn't gotten the SB out of her mind that she really liked too. Now she's gotten another friend interested in the SB and wants to bring him to try it. I think she wont be able to resist a second time and they both may order one! ;)

Darby
08-13-2012, 08:00
The OP has been edited with a list of current recipients.

Cheers, Dale

Cali
08-13-2012, 08:08
This is such a great idea. I love my SwitchBack. :)

OutandBack
08-13-2012, 08:31
What a neat idea. Looking forward to some good trip reports.

The Tree to Tree 12x10 tarp with a Switchback is one of my favorite hammock kits.
Here's a pict of mine from the Colorado Summer Hang.
Note: both tarp and hammock have been modified a little from there original config.
I had 2QZQ put doors on one end of the tarp and a zipper mod to the Switchback's bug net.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=785&pictureid=15949

timdgsr
08-13-2012, 08:49
I would love try one out. Please include me on the list.

PM incoming.

HappyCamper
08-13-2012, 09:11
This is a great idea! Darby, may be easier to track if you use a google Excel document like the PIF thread. You will see everyone at a glance and people can add their names as they see this thread. Just a suggestion.

Darby
08-13-2012, 09:40
That sounds awesome, but I'm tech stoooopid.:scared:

Cheers, Dale

Shotgunred
08-15-2012, 21:07
I am shocked there hasn't been a better response to this opportunity! Great chance to try before you buy!

smithobx
08-16-2012, 08:26
I am shocked there hasn't been a better response to this opportunity! Great chance to try before you buy!

We still need 4 more people to sign up, so, we are going to leave this offer up a few more days and see what happens. John

sandykayak
08-20-2012, 16:10
If not done already, I suggest younpost it on the general forum

smithobx
08-20-2012, 16:23
If not done already, I suggest younpost it on the general forum

I appreciate the suggestion but I do not think that would meet the forum guidelines. John

angrysparrow
08-20-2012, 16:27
Just a friendly BUMP for a great idea. I hope lots of people signup and try out this great hammock!

Darby
08-20-2012, 17:03
We are shipping the kit in the morning. We will keep this on the hike as long as we have folks signed up for it. We decided to swap out the CatCut Tarp for the Diamond Tarp as the Diamond is a new product.

Cheers, Dale

neo
08-21-2012, 10:27
:)hey darby sign me up.i will give your hammock and tarp a try out.thanks:cool:neo

Cranky Bear
08-21-2012, 10:45
Will this kit also be made available for HF Hang events? I think this could be a great way to show to many all at once, maybe ship to someone whom is going to the hang if you or one of your fellow employees aren't going to the hang?

Also I have tried out the Switchback and to those whom haven't this is a very comfy hammock, and a try-before-you-buy opportunity that may never happen again (and hasn't with any other company that I am aware of)!

:thumbup: To Darby and the folks at TTTG for this amazing opportunity......

Darby
08-22-2012, 07:00
Will this kit also be made available for HF Hang events? I think this could be a great way to show to many all at once, maybe ship to someone whom is going to the hang if you or one of your fellow employees aren't going to the hang?

Also I have tried out the Switchback and to those whom haven't this is a very comfy hammock, and a try-before-you-buy opportunity that may never happen again (and hasn't with any other company that I am aware of)!

:thumbup: To Darby and the folks at TTTG for this amazing opportunity......

Cranky Bear, that is a awesome idea. It was shipped yesterday to bully938, so those interested can use that to figure a timetable for any event they wish to take it to. Keep in mind the shipping time does not count towards the allotted 10 days.

Cheers, Dale

Darby
08-22-2012, 11:19
Neo,

I put you down on my list. I will be posting an updated list sometime today hopefully.
I will be needing you shipping address and contact info (by PM).

Cheers, Dale

JollyGreen
08-23-2012, 21:02
I'd like to be on the list also, PM incoming

L.D. Cakes
08-27-2012, 08:06
I want on the list please.

Darby
08-27-2012, 09:40
angrysparrow has just inserted the link in the OP for the spreadsheet.

Sweeper
08-27-2012, 10:18
Don't pass this offer up - I've yet to find a hammock as comfortable as my 1.1 Dbl.

lymphocytosis
08-29-2012, 14:41
I added myself to the spreadsheet. Will PM you my details shortly.

mbcruzin
08-29-2012, 19:01
just added myself to the list and sent in a pm.

Darby
08-30-2012, 10:04
Received both PM's. Happy Hanging !!!

DemostiX
08-31-2012, 23:26
I hang outdoors all winter. Please sign me up if this is not limited to the first 10.

Darby
09-01-2012, 00:38
You are on the list, Happy Hanging!

GrayDog
09-01-2012, 07:52
Great idea Darby!

I've added my name to the list.

Scooter
09-13-2012, 08:50
I'm on the list. Super idea!

PMing you w/ details.

IRONFISH45
09-13-2012, 09:03
Wow, I am very pleased, I have not had an oportunity to try your gear, now I will. Great marketing idea!

Darby
09-13-2012, 21:24
Wow, I am very pleased, I have not had an oportunity to try your gear, now I will. Great marketing idea!

We might be available in the outfitters one day, but until then we figured this was the best way to let folks check out the gear.:thumbup:

mbcruzin
09-27-2012, 08:17
Lets here from those that have already received the hammock.

What did you think
How was the condition
Would you buy one or recommend it to someone
Did you send it off

L.D. Cakes
09-27-2012, 08:40
Lets here from those that have already received the hammock.

What did you think
How was the condition
Would you buy one or recommend it to someone
Did you send it off

Who has it now?

mbcruzin
09-27-2012, 09:48
Who has it now?

Homemade hiker or kmanclutch should have I think.

IRONFISH45
10-03-2012, 00:19
What happened to the Switchback Circuit Hike?

The SpreadSheet is sitting there looking lost, just one entry, back in the early part or September, almost a month ago.

Is anyone taking part in this experiement? Are we still doing the experimental marketing? Are there any reports? What am I missing? Is there something posted someplace else?

Darby
10-03-2012, 07:42
It is on the way to us. We are going to inspect it & ship it back out. There was a slight issue with the shock cord rigging (I attached the hooks wrong) & we want to make sure everything is as it should be. I am wondering why we haven't heard any comments from those who have tried it:confused:.

Cheers, Dale

L.D. Cakes
10-03-2012, 07:43
What happened to the Switchback Circuit Hike?

The SpreadSheet is sitting there looking lost, just one entry, back in the early part or September, almost a month ago.

Is anyone taking part in this experiement? Are we still doing the experimental marketing? Are there any reports? What am I missing? Is there something posted someplace else?

That's why I was asking...hopefully the ones who have it just haven't filled out the spreadsheet but will catch up soon. Please fill it out so we know of the progress and we would also like a report of what the experiences of sleeping in one is too! :)

Yukon
10-03-2012, 07:44
This might end up being the most traveled hammock ever lol

Very nice offer, props...

L.D. Cakes
10-03-2012, 07:46
It is on the way to us. We are going to inspect it & ship it back out. There was a slight issue with the shock cord rigging (I attached the hooks wrong) & we want to make sure everything is as it should be. I am wondering why we haven't heard any comments from those who have tried it:confused:.

Cheers, Dale

Thanks Dale for the update, I hope we'll get reports soon!

IRONFISH45
10-03-2012, 09:40
Yes, thank you Dale, it is reassuring to know that you are checking to be sure all is safe. I would not want to end-up-on-the-ground-looking-up-at-the-sky. LOL

Darby
10-04-2012, 06:44
No worries there, I just forgot to tie a knot in the shock cord when I installed the hooks, which prevents the hooks from pulling free under a strain.

mbcruzin
10-08-2012, 18:54
Thanks for letting us know what's happening.

Shotgunred
10-08-2012, 19:24

Cheers, Dale

Can't wait to try it out! Where is it headed next?

Darby
10-08-2012, 22:36
Can't wait to try it out! Where is it headed next?

If you want the exact address, take a look at your drivers license:thumbup:.

Running Feather
10-08-2012, 22:46

That's why we love you Darby. Subtleties :lol:

Shotgunred
10-08-2012, 22:52

Sweet!! That's what I wanted to hear!
Thanks again for the opportunity to test it!!

Darby
10-08-2012, 23:06
Sweet!! That's what I wanted to hear!
Thanks again for the opportunity to test it!!

Hopefully, it will come in tomorrow so we can get it back out on the hike.

Darby
10-08-2012, 23:07
That's why we love you Darby. Subtleties :lol:

RF, my kids would disagree :scared::lol:

Darby
10-09-2012, 14:09
Hopefully, it will come in tomorrow so we can get it back out on the hike.

It came in & is on its way.:thumbup:

Darby
10-12-2012, 12:26
Shotgunred, thank you for updating the spreadsheet.:cool:

Shotgunred
10-12-2012, 14:18
Shotgunred, thank you for updating the spreadsheet.:cool:

No problem! I received hammock and tarp today and can't wait to give it a test run....

Darby
10-12-2012, 14:35
Let us know what you think.

Shotgunred
10-22-2012, 20:02
I want to thank Darby and everyone at Tree to Tree for sending the Switchback on tour.
The weather here has been terrible (windy and wet) since I received the hammock so I didn't get a lot of hang time, but really enjoyed the hammock.

The double 1.9 feels bombproof compared to the 1.1 I'm accustomed to.
I don't use a pad but the Velcro closure on the double layer allows this thing to open enough to easily insert any pad you might use. I really like being able to get the bug net up and well out of the way and enter/exit from both sides, which really can't be done in the BB.
A small thing, but one of my favorites is the D ring in the peak on both ends to clip in a pillow/peak bag/holster or whatever strikes ya.
I couldn't find anything I didn't like, it is heavier than what I'm used to... But is available in 1.1 :)
Thanks again Darby! The Switchback should be on it's way to it's next destination tomorrow!

Shotgunred
10-23-2012, 11:25
And the Switchback hikes on to Washington!

Scooter
11-19-2012, 12:43
Do we have an update on the current location of the Switchback?

OutandBack
11-19-2012, 13:12
Would someone who is getting to try this outfit please take an picture or two of it setup and post it. I'm dieing to see it.

Shotgunred, thank you for the write up. Sorry to hear you had bad weather.

timdgsr
11-24-2012, 19:46
Do we have an update on the current location of the Switchback?

I just checked the spreadsheet, and was a little bit confused because the ship date shows it shipped on 10/19, but I'm assuming it meant 11/19.

I'm out of town for Thanksgiving, but heading home tomorrow. I'm hoping to see a switchback on my doorstep ;)

If so, I'll get it set up and try to take some pictures for the curious.

timdgsr
11-30-2012, 09:35
When I got back from Thanksgiving, I had a package in my garage!!!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2869/lol/yes.gif

When I pulled the hammock out of the box, I noticed a slight tear/cut on the stuff sack, and my heart sank. It looks like it might have been nicked while cutting the box open?? (wasn't me, I learned that lesson the hard way a long time ago). I didn't notice any damage on the hammock underneath the tear, so I pulled the hammock out and went over the bed. I couldn't find any nicks/tears. I applied some tear aid to the stuff sack, and decided to proceed with the test drive.

Yesterday I had a chance to string up the hammock (work and getting dark at like 4pm have been making it hard to take pics)

I strung it up and crawled in. I immediately noticed how much more open it felt than my blackbird, and really liked that. I also like the zipper on both sides, and that it will allow me to use my polar pod with it. Overall, it's probably my next hammock purchase.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2869/switchback/switchback1.JPG

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2869/switchback/switchback3.JPG

I really love the concept of the tour, and appreciate the opportunity to try before I buy.

Thanks again for the experiment!

Scooter
11-30-2012, 09:38
Great pics!

Thanks for the visual aids (including the news anchor) ....

L.D. Cakes
11-30-2012, 09:45
I'm really happy to see another review and that you like it too! I have tried one briefly but am looking forward to sleeping in it to see how that feels. Enjoy! Neo is next them ME!!! :D

OutandBack
11-30-2012, 09:50
Great picts timdgsr thanks so much.
As a switchback user I really like the ability to switch from feet left to feet right and also you can switch your head end by just spinning around and you don't have to do anything t the hammock.

I also really like 270 degree view from the hammock. No wall of fabric to deal with.

If you use the net a lot a very cool mod is the mini pole mod to keep the net up.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8063/8232722348_cf745baf08_z.jpg

Also a nice way to stow the net is with velcro straps.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8348/8231650179_7761ceba0d_z.jpg

Enjoy

Shotgunred
11-30-2012, 09:53
Good to see some more feedback! Thanks again to Darby for the opportunity to test this beauty!

timdgsr
12-04-2012, 20:59
and she's back on the hike

GrayDog
12-06-2012, 01:24
Woo Hoo! The anticipation grows!

Darby
12-07-2012, 09:46
I got a call from Neo yesterday letting me know that it arrived safe & sound.:thumbup:

L.D. Cakes
12-07-2012, 10:33
Enjoy Neo!

GrayDog
12-19-2012, 08:08
Hey L.D., looks like you might get a Christmas present! :thumbup:

mbcruzin
12-31-2012, 16:30
Who's got it now.

L.D. Cakes
01-03-2013, 09:21
I'm wondering that too, it seems to have dropped off the radar.

Darby
01-03-2013, 10:57
Neo has been out of town. He should be back shortly.

L.D. Cakes
01-03-2013, 18:12
Thanks Darby... Humm...I may have to change my whole planned kit for the Florida Hang after all! I'm flying out in 14 days and plan on only taking my 46 liter Osprey Hornet as my carry on.

Darby
01-14-2013, 17:17
The Circuit is on the way to L.D. Cakes. :thumbup: Should be there by Wed. Tried sending a PM to you Deb, but your box is full :eek:

Cheers, Dale

MAD777
01-14-2013, 18:24
Just in time for her to use it at the Florida Hang with 100+ gawkers!!!

L.D. Cakes
01-14-2013, 19:30
Well glory be! I'll see if it comes in time. My mail is not always as fast as they say but I'll be stalking the courier! I leave Thursday so if it gets here by Friday I'll repack!

GrayDog
01-15-2013, 11:28
YIPPEE!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

L.D. Cakes
01-15-2013, 20:24
When I got back from Thanksgiving, I had a package in my garage!!!

Yesterday I had a chance to string up the hammock (work and getting dark at like 4pm have been making it hard to take pics)

I strung it up and crawled in. I immediately noticed how much more open it felt than my blackbird, and really liked that. I also like the zipper on both sides, and that it will allow me to use my polar pod with it. Overall, it's probably my next hammock purchase.

timdgsr,
Is the tarp in your pic the 10X12 tarp that is suppose to be with the Switchback? It looks more like the 13X10 Diamond.

If you set up the included tarp how is it rigged?

And about the ring buckle straps, do I need to tie a knot to secure it?

I'm probably going to take this as my sole rig to the Fl Hang and will be setting it up after dark prob for the first time. So I'm trying to foresee what I may need or know about ahead of time since I will be getting it within mere hours of my departure.
Anything any of you can tell me who have had it will be helpful.
Thanks.

Shotgunred
01-15-2013, 20:31

timdgsr,
Is the tarp in your pic the 10X12 tarp that is suppose to be with the Switchback? It looks more like the 13X10 Diamond.

When I had the SB I didn't get a chance to use the tarp, but you will need a slippery half hitch at the ring buckles to prevent slippage. Have fun!
Red

L.D. Cakes
01-15-2013, 21:04
Thanks Red, That part will be a cinch. Pun intended!

For the tarp I'll prob take my continues ridge line just in case. But I suspect it just has regular tie-outs on it. If I'm lucky and it comes in on Wed I will prob get a chance to at least hang it in the bedroom for a bit before I pack it in my carry-on that night.

I have an Incubator UQ I will be using and will prob take my Hammock Sock too just to see how that works with it. ;)

We will prob get a little rain on Friday morning down there so hopefully it will be a real test! I'm just as excited about trying the tarp as the hammock!

mbcruzin
01-29-2013, 19:43
Did you get it? Who has it? I'm all excited :lol:

Darby
01-30-2013, 09:14
L.D. Cakes has it. We should be hearing from her soon.

L.D. Cakes
01-31-2013, 14:09
OK mbcruzin it's on its way to you! PM sent with tracking #

I have no pics as I did not get to go to the FL Hang and then only got to set it up inside. But I have to say it is one well made piece of gear. I really liked the inside pockets as an extra perk to it's design and the double layer was easy to slide a pad into. It was pretty handy also how the ridge line is adjustable without having to get out of the hammock. Really SWEET! I also put my UQ on it and it fit with no problem. The suspension is bomb proof, although way too beefy for me but a heavier person would never have to worry about it failing.
The tarp I did not deploy of course but I did take it out and looked at it. One thing I have to note is it is not the 10X12 cat cut as decribed in the first post but the 10X13 diamond tarp. Still a nice tarp and I like diamond tarps in summer when it's hot for extra air circulation.

Darby
01-31-2013, 15:03
We decided to swap the Cat Cut tarp with the Diamond Tarp because the Diamond is our newest tarp design.

mbcruzin
01-31-2013, 15:14
I thought that lyphos.... Lymphositosus us next?

Scooter
01-31-2013, 15:52
I'll echo L.D. Cakes and others who have expounded on the quality of the workmanship. I recently ordered/received a brand new 1.1 DL Switchback. Finally was able to hang it earlier this week and give it a good once over as well as lay in it. Don't know if it was beginner's luck or what, but it seemed dialed in on the first try. Very comfortable going straight down the middle or on a diagonal. Wife was a bit skeptical, but gave it a try anyway. Boy, was she surprised at the comfort. My three daughters tried it on for size too, and were all smiles. For good measure, got to try out the bug net as some mosquitos were buzzing about. None of the bloodsuckers got through the netting or the hammock fabric. Whole rig is easy to set up and put away. Really like the Bishop style stuff sack. Looks like a button hole sewn in the bottom - thread all the way around - should be able to withstand whoopie deployment without worries of abrasion. Stuff sac holds the entire hammock with ease along with my whoopie slings, tree huggers and 2 carabiners.

Dale has been very easy to work with and answered all questions prior to purchase.

Cheers to TTTG !!

P.S. Please keep me on the Circuit Hike list.

L.D. Cakes
01-31-2013, 18:21
I thought that lyphos.... Lymphositosus us next?

He was but he decided to give up his turn to the next in line. SURPRISE!!! ;)

mbcruzin
01-31-2013, 18:30
He was but he decided to give up his turn to the next in line. SURPRISE!!! ;)

Bonus. I need an excuse to go camping now

lymphocytosis
01-31-2013, 20:29
Yeah I'm in the middle of UMN grad/med school interviews and recruiting, plus it's -5*F right now, so unfortunately I just wasn't going to be able to give the hammock a fair shake. So it's on to you next!

HURTHEART
01-31-2013, 22:21
Thank you for the update, I am so looking forward to trying it out.

timdgsr
02-03-2013, 23:57
timdgsr,

Thanks.

Hey LD, sorry for not responding in time to help.

I subscribed to the thread, but haven't received any updates in weeks.

As has already been stated, it was the diamond tarp included in the package.

Also, its definitely a must to put a hitch after round ring buckles. They always seem to work their way to the side and start to slide.

mbcruzin
02-06-2013, 19:40
I just recived the hammock and tarp today.

Question was the suspension supposed to have a Beaner on something to connect it around a tree?

L.D. Cakes
02-06-2013, 23:14

Question was the suspension supposed to have a Beaner on something to connect it around a tree?

I asked the same question. Darby said you can use biners or use the sewn loops to run the strap through and connect it. But I didn't figure that part out. A biner looked like the only way to me. :confused:

Glad it arrived safe. I was getting worried when it didn't show up on tracking for 4 days out of Columbia. Priority Mail is suppose to take 3 days and it took 6. :rolleyes:

timdgsr
02-06-2013, 23:29

you can run the webbing through the loop on the end to secure it around the post/tree, then run the webbing through the rings to connect it to the hammock.

a biner makes it quicker, but is not necessary.

Scooter
03-06-2013, 11:39
Who has it now? Let's keep it moving along ....

Darby
03-06-2013, 14:02
Who has it now? Let's keep it moving along ....

We have it right now. Wanted to inspect it. We will be shipping it out soon.

Cheers, Dale

Scooter
03-06-2013, 16:28
Thanks for the update, Dale!!

mbcruzin
03-07-2013, 08:04
Just to let everyone know I had an issue with the tree straps that where with the hammock. I voiced my concerns to Darby and he asked me to send it back so he could take care of it. I actually got a chance to talk with him on the phone. You can't ask for better service then that ( well maybe if he showed up at my house :lol: ).

HURTHEART
03-07-2013, 17:47
Nice to receive an update. Thank you.

GrayDog
03-29-2013, 13:29
Any updates?

Darby
03-29-2013, 14:30
It will be going out Monday. I apologize for the delay:(, the new website consumed most of my time.

Cheers, Dale

Darby
04-08-2013, 06:23
DemostiX should be getting the Circuit Hike any day now.

HURTHEART
04-22-2013, 11:13
DemostiX should be getting the Circuit Hike any day now.

I have not noticed any posts, has DemostiX received the Circuit Hike? Is the list being kept up? Am I being too pushy? I just want to try it out... I guess I am worse than a little kid waiting for their birthday present. Hey maybe I will receive my turn for my birthday, maybe...

Darby
04-22-2013, 16:11
Yes, DemostiX does have it at present. It should be coming to you shortly.

Darby
04-24-2013, 06:36
Yes, DemostiX does have it at present. It should be coming to you shortly.

I screwed up.:( I needed to send the next address to DemostiX and I had just read the last post by HURTHEART, so I sent her address instead of GrayDog's. My apologies GrayDog. I will send the correct address to HURTHEART to get it back on the correct track, once she is ready to ship it.

GrayDog
04-24-2013, 19:53
I'm totally offended! I guess your going to have to comp me a SB to make up for it. :D

Hang loose,

Dog

Darby
04-25-2013, 07:46
I'm totally offended! I guess your going to have to comp me a SB to make up for it. :D

Hang loose,

Dog

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Folks, we ran into a problem with the kit but DemostiX was kind enough to rectify the problem. He spent the time & money to wash the hammock & tarp.
Please, do not smoke in the hammock.
Cheers, Dale

DemostiX
04-25-2013, 14:02
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Folks, we ran into a problem with the kit but DemostiX was kind enough to rectify the problem. He spent the time & money to wash the hammock & tarp.
Please, do not smoke in the hammock.
Cheers, Dale

Darby,our host, has been --once again -- too generous. I have access to a large tumbler washer with extended cycles, so washing the hammock and tarp hardly cost me any time. Just 20gal of water (pushed, of course, through a Sawyer Squeeze), warmed for the wash over a Fancy Feast stove in small quantities kept warm by transfer of what was hot to a TQ-surrounded larger container. None of this cost any real money.

But, seriously, folks, you don't have to have-- and likely don't -- any sympathy for me: Have a look and a care for the next HF member I delivered this to, hurtheart. Look up her introduction and recent posts. She's found smoke to be anathema, after heart and lung injuries. Which is to say a reaction to smoke could kill her. Those without issues would not want to bring on asthma attacks to their children or anyone to whom they'd like to lend quilts to after they've been in contact with the hammock.

This is a superbly-crafted hammock, quality everywhere, and very comfortable for me, even after habituation from every night in a Clark. My first exposure, too, to what I guess is "coyote brown". (Actually I had brown WBBB for a time which color I did not like, but that is personal)For stealth camping after Oregon green turns to brown, I'd find this another +.

The double ring and strap suspension is a reminder of the pleasures of simplicity.

Thank-you Darby.

HURTHEART
04-26-2013, 17:36
I have the wonderful SB all clean and nice thanks to the thoughtful DemostiX. I will forward it tonight to GayDog. I am so sorry for the mix up. The hammock is so well constructed, I do not want to part with it. However since it is not my turn, I will act like a reasonable adult and send it immediately to GrayDog.

GrayDog
04-26-2013, 20:18
Since you already have it, use it and tthen send it.

ojdash
04-28-2013, 22:36
I am getting really excited about this hammock

HURTHEART
04-29-2013, 22:20
Since you already have it, use it and tthen send it.

The SB is on its way to you. It should in theory be with you soon. It looks very nice, I love the fabric is made from. Much nicer than most of my Hennessey's.

I think you are really going to like it. I am really sorry of all the confusion, it was just a comedy of errors, the nice part is I was able to meet DemostiX, I really enjoy meeting fellow HF posters.

Anyway enjoy.

Tuck
06-20-2013, 10:35
Not trying to sound rude or impatient, but there hasn't been any activity on the spread sheet in over a month and very little activity on this tread in several months. I'm just wondering where we all stand in the pecking order.

Thanks,

Tuck

Scooter
07-24-2013, 07:50
Package just arrived to me on 7/22. Will give it a try and send it on to the next one in line.

Scooter
08-08-2013, 06:15
Sending to Ironfish45 today (8/8).

IRONFISH45
08-08-2013, 08:58
Sending to Ironfish45 today (8/8).

WOW, I am glad the Switchback is on hike again, I hope it arrives here soon, I have plans for it!:laugh:

Scooter
08-12-2013, 14:35
UPS Ground has estimated delivery for Thursday, August 15. Currently tracking for on time delivery.

sandykayak
08-13-2013, 13:37
Seems as if some people hung (!) onto the SB for a rather long time. How come no one is posting their opnions?

This is a great marketing idea.

whoofit
08-14-2013, 08:05
How come no one is posting their opnions?

I'd like to hear more as well.

Scooter
08-15-2013, 10:57
Okay ... I'll give it a shot.

My personal hammock is a Switchback 1.1DL, so I'm predisposed to be a fan of TTTG. The subject hammock is a 1.9DL. Without putting it on a scale, there was no discernable difference in the weight, nor in the ease at which it stuffs back into the sack. I use whoopie slings on my hammock and the 1.9DL comes with straps/rings, so a bit more weight & bulk than my set up. I actually liked this set up a lot more than I thought I would and will more than likely do something like this if/when I get a second hammock. Bug net is very easy to zip/unzip from both inside and outside the hammock. Attached strips allow you to roll the net up and out of the way when not needed. Ridgeline under net allows me to hang my headlamp, socks, etc. Two pockets in the hammock hold all the various little things that come out of my pockets at night plus tarp stakes if I've got the tarp hung, but it is not being used due to nice weather. I've used both a HammockGear UQ and a pad for insulation. Both work as if they were made for this hammock. No issues in keeping warm and comfortable. Used the UQ in 40 degree weather and the pad in 60 degree weather as I thought the UQ would be too toasty.

The tarp is a diamond shape which I hung to see it deployed. I have a 4 season/4 door HammockGear tarp, so I'm used to having move coverage/protection that what the TTTG tarp provides. No problems with the tarp construction, etc., just my personal preference is for a larger tarp. My tarp is Cuben, so lighter than the TTTG tarp (silnylon) and more coverage.

All in all, both items are quite nice. I would not hesitate in buying another hammock from TTTG. I may "have to" around Christmas as my oldest daughter thinks she has to have one now.

HURTHEART
08-15-2013, 11:08
All in all, both items are quite nice. I would not hesitate in buying another hammock from TTTG. I may "have to" around Christmas as my oldest daughter thinks she has to have one now.

Yea, another female member from Hammock Forums in the making. I do hope you are counting your blessings. A daughter that wants to Hang with her parent, wow, what a great job of parenting.

I am only two places lower than you so, I should have my test soon. I am anxious to try out the Switchback, I know it looks very well made, I am so looking forward to testing it.

whoofit
08-15-2013, 18:17
Great convincing reviews on this line of hammocks. I was so convinced that I went to order a netted 1.9 SL. It wouldn't let me because there are no brown ones available. So, I will have to wait I guess.

Still would like to hear more in the meantime. Thanks Scooter.

IRONFISH45
09-10-2013, 11:15
Forwarded on to Hurtheart, Is definately on my wish list for christmas. Took out to eastern oregon and had a great time. Thanks!

Darby
09-10-2013, 12:45
We are glad you enjoyed it.:thumbup:

dkurfiss
09-13-2013, 07:23
I hope this is still being passed around. I added my name to the spreadsheet and PM is on the way.

Taozenqi
09-13-2013, 16:00
Looking forward to giving the SB a try. PM sent. -tzq

Darby
09-13-2013, 16:56
It is still on the Hike. HurtHeart should have it by now (again:lol:).
dkurfiss, make sure to PM me with your shipping information.
Taozenqi, the link to the spreadsheet is at the bottom of the first post in this thread. Once you sign up, PM me with your shipping info.

Cheers, Dale

Darby
09-13-2013, 17:02
My apologies Taozenqi, I should have checked my PM's first.:scared: I just added you to the spreadsheet.

Cheers, Dale

RED531
09-18-2013, 08:34
Cant wait to try out the Switchback, PM sent.

Darby
09-22-2013, 19:06
RED531, I have added you to the spreadsheet. Enjoy!

snwcmpr
01-05-2014, 14:09
Any updates since September?
Ken in NC

OutandBack
01-05-2014, 14:49
Seems as if some people hung (!) onto the SB for a rather long time. How come no one is posting their opnions?

I'd like to hear more as well.

My personal hammock is a Switchback 1.1DL, so I'm predisposed to be a fan of TTTG. The subject hammock is a 1.9DL. Without putting it on a scale, there was no discernable difference in the weight, nor in the ease at which it stuffs back into the sack. I use whoopie slings on my hammock and the 1.9DL comes with straps/rings, so a bit more weight & bulk than my set up. I actually liked this set up a lot more than I thought I would and will more than likely do something like this if/when I get a second hammock. Bug net is very easy to zip/unzip from both inside and outside the hammock. Attached strips allow you to roll the net up and out of the way when not needed. Ridgeline under net allows me to hang my headlamp, socks, etc. Two pockets in the hammock hold all the various little things that come out of my pockets at night plus tarp stakes if I've got the tarp hung, but it is not being used due to nice weather. I've used both a HammockGear UQ and a pad for insulation. Both work as if they were made for this hammock. No issues in keeping warm and comfortable. Used the UQ in 40 degree weather and the pad in 60 degree weather as I thought the UQ would be too toasty.

The tarp is a diamond shape which I hung to see it deployed. I have a 4 season/4 door HammockGear tarp, so I'm used to having move coverage/protection that what the TTTG tarp provides. No problems with the tarp construction, etc., just my personal preference is for a larger tarp. My tarp is Cuben, so lighter than the TTTG tarp (silnylon) and more coverage.

Thank you Scooter.
I to would like to see more TR's with this kit even if it is just backyard setups.

My 1.9 SL Switchback is one of my favorite hammocks.
Being able to lay with your feet right or left and head at either end makes this one of the easest hammocks to get comfortable in.
It has ((( 0 ))) calf ridge pressure.
The widest field of view from any hammock.
Suspension angle is very forgiving and can be hung from 20-35 degrees with noticable effect to the lay.

There are two pole mods that can be used on this hammock.
The first is the going to ground poles which you can view on the TTTG website and
one I did myself using an old cutdown tent pole, to improve the netting.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5484/11760843714_9538c77b0b_z.jpg

Field of view that can't be beat...

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5533/11760795573_ab833ab878_z.jpg

snwcmpr
01-05-2014, 18:20
I would like to know where it is now.

Ken in NC

Darby
01-07-2014, 09:18
After several un-answered PM's over an extended period, we have decided to declare the Switchback Circuit Kit (hammock & tarp) as MIA. With that said, we have also decided to put another Switchback 1.9 DL on the Circuit Hike, this time with a CatCut Tarp. Happy Hanging!

Cheers, Dale

Ratdog
01-07-2014, 13:33
After several un-answered PM's over an extended period, we have decided to declare the Switchback Circuit Kit (hammock & tarp) as MIA. With that said, we have also decided to put another Switchback 1.9 DL on the Circuit Hike, this time with a CatCut Tarp. Happy Hanging!

Cheers, Dale

Woot woot!

I demo'd one for a few minutes at a group hang and really liked it.
Would like another chance to check one out.

OutandBack
01-07-2014, 14:35

Cheers, Dale

Wow that sucks. Let's hope the last person who had the traveling kit is just having internet problems and gets back soon.

Very cool you are offering another kit for folks to try.
Is the Catcut tarp on this kit the 12' RL x 10'?

Of all my tarps, and yes I have a cuben, the 12x10 is the one I bring 99% of the time. It's the perfect tarp for the 11' Switchback.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8052/8141642443_d3ffc5b1b5_z.jpg

You can even fit a couple friends under it when it's raining...
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8197/8261945094_4e1c1d47f8_z.jpg

ojdash
01-09-2014, 21:51
I hope I am still next on the list ROAR!@

whoofit
01-10-2014, 11:00
Although I still keep the Switchback 1.9 in my equipment list, in truth, I lost it to my 21 y.o. son. He won't part with it. It's a "rent to own" deal at the moment...lol

He uses a couple errant carbon fiber arrow shafts for the spreaders and a RidgeRest Solar Large in it. This SB hammock set up tight reminds me of my WBRR most of all I've tried.

The things you do for family....

snwcmpr
01-10-2014, 14:12
I have it in the house, it arrived by mail today.

Ken in NC

Tuck
01-10-2014, 17:39
I guess good things come to those who wait! I think I'm fourth on the list at this point in time.

Darby
01-13-2014, 08:08
PM me with your contact info & put yourself on the sign-up sheet (see post #1)

Cheers, Dale

Woot woot!

I demo'd one for a few minutes at a group hang and really liked it.
Would like another chance to check one out.

Darby
01-13-2014, 08:13
Wow that sucks. Let's hope the last person who had the traveling kit is just having internet problems and gets back soon.

Very cool you are offering another kit for folks to try.
Is the Catcut tarp on this kit the 12' RL x 10'?

Yes, it is the 12' x 10'

Cheers, Dale

snwcmpr
01-19-2014, 08:48
I have the setup, and have not been able to try it yet. It's been cold and snowy.

I will set it up and try it at my first opportunity.
I do not have an UQ. I had a 3 of 4 chance I would get this hammock in the 3 season part of the year.

Ken
Waynesville, NC

SwinginIt
01-19-2014, 10:18
I'd love to take one for a spin. I just sold the hammock my son liked to use and am in the market for a new netted hammock for him. I have to say the generosity I've seen on this forum is utterly astounding. It's enough to give a person hope for humanity.

snwcmpr
02-02-2014, 14:41
I have set it up. There is an area behind the cabin where 2 trees are almost exactly 15' apart.
I like this hammock. It is well made and as I got it, easy to set up.
Here are some pictures.
I have included these photos so someone can give me corrections if I have done something wrong.

I believe it feels good. Just a little bit of 'ridge line' in the hammock, so per instructions I need to lower it in the 'D-rings' a bit more. I have it too low on the trees, so after I post this, I will go back and raise both straps on the trees.

The last picture with the LL Bean boots in it is with my wife in it, to show the straps while the hammock is occupied.

I have a bit of warm weather now, so I plan to sleep in it tonight.
Oh, there are 2 pads in it right now. A 1/4" pad from Gossamer gear and a light Thermarest. The 1/4: pad is wide and will wrap around my shoulders. I think I will bring my WM 10° Versalite sleeping bag for TQ.

I think I will have 1 or 2 hammock setups for sale after tonight.

Thanks for any feedback,
Ken in NC
(The other end of NC from where Tree To Tree Gear is)

MAD777
02-02-2014, 14:46
Ken, try tightening up the suspension some and see if you like it even better. These Switchbacks seem to improve with a flat suspension angle more so than most hammocks.

OutandBack
02-02-2014, 14:57
Nice report with picts Ken thank you.

I don't know if it will help but I usually put my hammock tree straps about 12" above the tarp RL.
I then adjust the hammock suspension so I can sit in the hammock with my feet on the ground for
easy cooking from the hammock. Like this, see pict, it's usually all it takes for a perfect lay.
I've never experienced calf ridge pressure in my switchback are you getting diagonal enough.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8047/8100076804_c5ae6228cd.jpg

snwcmpr
02-02-2014, 15:01
Thank you, I will try that, but, the instructions with the SB said just the opposite.

I am as diagonal as I can get.

Oh, I am 5' 11"

Ken in NC

OutandBack
02-02-2014, 15:09
Ken, try tightening up the suspension some and see if you like it even better. These Switchbacks seem to improve with a flat suspension angle more so than most hammocks.

Thank you, I will try that, but, the instructions with the SB said just the opposite.

I am as diagonal as I can get.

Oh, I am 5' 11"

Ken in NC

HAHA, My switchback is several years old. I don't remember what the instructions said.
I have to agree with MAD777. When I am not in the hammock I would guess the hammock
suspension is closer to 25 degree.
Nothing wrong with experimenting at different angles to see what works best for you.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8340/8179841175_2ca5c280f5_z.jpg

snwcmpr
02-02-2014, 17:44
My response was too brief to add that I really will try that.
A light rain in the forecast.

Thank you,
Ken in NC

ojdash
02-02-2014, 18:27
Great pics Ken and OandB! getting excited to try this next!

snwcmpr
02-02-2014, 19:58
I will definitely post in the AM.
Ken in NC

Darby
02-02-2014, 23:13
OutandBack & MAD777 are correct in that you had too much slack in the suspension in the posted pics. I would try tightening the suspension on both ends about 6" and then adjusting the height of the suspension on the trees (as OutandBack mentioned) so you can sit in it with your feet on the ground. As for comfort, make adjustments in small increments (one way or the other) until you find your sweet spot. A lot of folks prefer a tighter hang, I myself prefer it with a little more slack. This also depends on the insulation I am using, Exped DAM= tighter, PolarPod, UQ or ccf pad=more slack. This is a versatile hammock that will conform to any situation. Happy Hanging!

snwcmpr
02-03-2014, 10:04
I raised it 8-10' on the trees. I could sit like on a bench.
I slept in it last night, but came back inside at 4 AM.
I neglected to seam seal the rain fly and a small amount of dripping followed the underside of the hammock and woke me up quite a few times. I did read the seam seal note in the instructions, but for some reason, thought "It's not mine, I shouldn't.
We had power out at the cabin, so I am glad I came back in. The computer power backups were beeping and my wife could not sleep, and I was the one that knew how to reset them.

If not for the dripping cold water, I would have been good.
I would like to try it a few more nights, the storm is passing us by. A hammocking friend is coming to the cabin Tuesday at noon to see it. (Carl from Cullowhee).
So, I will plan to box and ship it Wednesday if it is dry enough to ship.

I do think a bit more tightening (I did some) would improve it even more.
HH Expedition Asym and ENO Double Nest were not this good for me. The added length, as told to me by others, has helped me feel more comfortable.

Hmmm, Exped DAM, I have 2. That and the GG 1/4" pad (for the shoulders) should work well in even colder temps than the 1" Thermarest. (It was in the 40's last night)

Ken in NC
Yes, I would buy this hammock

Darby
02-03-2014, 12:02
The tarp is my fault, I totally forgot to seal it. My apologies...:(

snwcmpr
02-03-2014, 12:23
I was first, and knew it.
I would think it would be just like a regular shiment to you.
No apologies necessary.

Without looking for the material type ... Sil nylon or not.
Do I use "Seam Grip" or "Sil-Net"?
I don't have any other types.

Ken

Darby
02-03-2014, 12:26
Sil net. It is for sil nylon.

snwcmpr
02-04-2014, 12:25
I washed it in plain water in the bathtub, and have it spread out with 2 fans under the hammock and another under the tarp spread all across the cabin's living room.
I hope to have it dry tomorrow for shipping.
Oh, I added Sil-Net by McNett to the ridgeline and end pieces of the rdgeline on the tarp.

Ken in NC

snwcmpr
02-05-2014, 07:19
Going in the mail this morning.
Ken in NC

Darby
02-06-2014, 07:37
snwcmpr has sent me the tracking info, so it is on the way to Ojdash:thumbup:

Cali
02-06-2014, 07:43
Darby, that is a great idea to post who is mailing it out, and who they mailed it to, so it can be tracked. Also, if it is passed to another member at a hang, it should be posted here to let everyone know who has it. Don't want to lose another hammock and tarp. :eek:

snwcmpr
02-06-2014, 08:16
It was because of the loss that I wanted to be extra considerate enough to keep this thread's members up to date. That and the fact that I am new and don't have the 'rep' to stand on.
I am grateful for the trust that TTTG put in me to send a full kit to try. I know it's 'business' but not the way most businesses run.

Thank you,
Ken in NC
(Oh, at the Fall 2012 Hot Springs hang, I was the guy that brought the home roasted coffee)

ojdash
02-07-2014, 16:46
Got the kit today and hung for about 2 minutes in my basement, hopefully will get a good feel for it tomorrow

ojdash
02-17-2014, 10:48
A few thoughts for me on the Switchback:
Pro's
Really really like the ring buckle suspension (can't decide if I like it better than cinch buckles.) I adjusted with some AHE straps and the straps supplied by TTTgear, neither stretched.
I had some extra 1/2" pvc lying around from another project so I made spreader bars for the netting. This made all the difference for me as the netting was hanging down touching me, which I personally cannot stand.
The taffeta lining was super comfy.
I actually really appreciate not having a structural ridge line, I was able to get the hammock comfortable for a good night sleep.
Where the hammock is not as wide you have really nice views without a really tall sidewall...although that never really bothered me before on my hammocks.
Seems the double 1.9 is overbuilt almost. Everything is sturdy, The webbing is double layered in places and had large D rings on the tie-outs. It feels very well made and expensive.
Love the size (just not the DL)

Cons
I do not like the double layer, the one layer wanted to get stuck in the zipper alot (it is not sewn but velcroed in, but if I were to get the SB I would get a single layer anyway.
Netting for me was almost unusable without spreaders even if I tied off high on the suspension.
Did not like the way the netting ties out of the way. I wanted longer Ribbons to tie a bow easier and I wanted another ribbon in the middle (my current hammock has a peak bag which I like)
I could not get rid of all the calf pressure no matter how tight I strung this thing, in fact I was most comfortable with lots of sag, go figure. (This has been my experience with all my hammocks, I just wanted to note this because of reports that lots of people have no ridge pressure issues in this hammock, I was still comfortable enough and slept all night(s) ).

Other Thoughts:
My wife could not get comfy in this...Her comment was, get this "it feels too flat." So that is probably the deal breaker as I was in the market for a netty for her. (we have been using a 1.1 SL with WL bugnet for her). This is a very comfortable hammock but it was not quite as comfy for me as my DH Roaming Gnome. This was much more comfortable than the WBBB DL I had. I did not try the tarp. I really experimented alot this weekend with hang angles for several hours a piece. I hung it tight enough to get some significant shoulder squeeze and I still had some slight calf pressure down low on the ridge which was disappointing for me, I know it has completely disappeared for some people. The only way I get rid of it on other gathered ends is get a really wide hammock and lay on a more extreme diagonal. I found this thing saggy really comfy and slept well 2 nights that way. The brown color looks awesome and I must say this hammock is a work of art. I did not use the tie-outs at all. I took the tie-out shockcord off of my other hammock as they tend to tangle up and I don't like using them anyway (I am a KISS person, I like less stakes, less fiddle so the least amount of work I have to do the better). This is my first experience with the ring buckle suspension and I love it. It's just as easy as cinch buckles and looking at all the professor hammock videos I def forsee them becoming a permanent suspension on one of my main rigs. My te-wa underquilt fit like a glove on this thing (better than all my other hammocks, absolutely zero fiddle factor with the underquilt, amazing). Looking at the prices on these hammocks I wish that suspension was included but this hammock seems to have alot of extra features built into it and I believe labor wise it looks alot more involved than others I have seen (the non structural netting especially). If my wife had been comfy in it, I would have placed my order right away, but she tried a couple of times and preferred my Dream Hammock. Big thanks to Darby for letting me try this. i will add some pics tonight if I can (though they will be just indoors), otherwise this bad boy will be in the mail tomorrow.

Josh

ojdash
02-18-2014, 16:07
I have not heard back from Darby or ARMNYC via PM. I am waiting to send out the hammock and tarp when they reply (I need the next addy). I think I migt go set it up now again since it's 60 degrees outside now. Hopefully will hear something tonight and get these bad boys out tomorrow.

Darby
02-18-2014, 19:20
I have not heard back from Darby or ARMNYC via PM. I am waiting to send out the hammock and tarp when they reply (I need the next addy). I think I migt go set it up now again since it's 60 degrees outside now. Hopefully will hear something tonight and get these bad boys out tomorrow.

Pm sent with address:thumbup:

ojdash
02-18-2014, 22:10
Pm sent with address:thumbup:

got it, it's going out tomorrow, also I wanted to say I hit the major sweet spot in this hammock today.... wow I couldn't get out for several hours ^_^. Key for me was an old trick that used to work all the time... raised the foot end about 18" above the head end! SO Comfy

ojdash
02-19-2014, 12:19
Shipped!
9405 5036 9930 0240 6417 41

updated spreadsheet as well!

ojdash
02-24-2014, 13:09
Shipped!
9405 5036 9930 0240 6417 41

updated spreadsheet as well!

Delivered!

This is a post-only message. Please do not respond.

JOSHUA D CURTIS has requested that you receive a Track & Confirm update, as shown below.

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 9405503699300240641741

Service Type: USPS Tracking™

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delivered NEW YORK, NY 10001 February 24, 2014 12:59 pm
Notice Left (Business Closed) NEW YORK, NY 10001 February 22, 2014 9:32 am
Arrival at Post Office NEW YORK, NY 10001 February 22, 2014 8:25 am
Depart USPS Sort Facility LOUISVILLE, KY 40231 February 20, 2014
Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility LOUISVILLE, KY 40231 February 19, 2014 11:51 pm
Dispatched to Sort Facility LEXINGTON, KY 40502 February 19, 2014 5:19 pm
Acceptance LEXINGTON, KY 40502 February 19, 2014 1:07 pm
Electronic Shipping Info Received February 19, 2014

Reminder: Track & Confirm by email

Date of email request: February 19, 2014

armnyc
02-24-2014, 13:48
I received the hammock. I will check it out in a couple of days. Thanks.

fly fisher
03-03-2014, 09:05
ojdash,

Thanks for the thoughtful review.

It looks like I'm slated to get this demo hammock sometime this spring. My interest in this hammock has really cooled in the year-and-a-half that I've been waiting to demo it. When it was first offered, I was really excited. Based on what I was reading, I thought it was THE hammock that addressed all my comfort concerns. Now, I'm not so sure...

Thanks to Dale & John for offering up this demo hammock.

Cheers,

fly fisher

Cali
03-03-2014, 09:07
I received the hammock. I will check it out in a couple of days. Thanks.

Have you checked it out yet??? Anxious for your thoughts on it. :thumbup:

armnyc
03-31-2014, 13:28
I received the SB hammock and loved it. Yessirre is Next. I sent a PM out to yessirre awaiting info. Thank you all it was a pleasure to try it.

Darby
03-31-2014, 15:49
I just sent Yessirre's info via PM, glad to hear you liked the Switchback.

Cheers, Dale

Tuck
04-12-2014, 20:07
Wow, it's been a long time coming, it looks like fly fisher is on deck after yessir and I'm in the hole. I'm getting excited! I just hope it gets here before it gets too hot down here in Florida.

fly fisher
05-10-2014, 10:38
Howdy folks,

I believe I am next in line to test out this hammock. As of 5/10/14, I have not received any communication regarding the whereabouts of the Circuit Hike Switchback. I'm anxiously awaiting the opportunity to try out this hammock.

Best Regards,
fly fisher

fly fisher
06-02-2014, 19:45
All Right!

Dale contacted me today and I gave him my address. I'm looking forward to trying out the Switchback.

fly fisher

Darby
06-03-2014, 06:44
I have sent your info to armnyc so it shouldn't be long now

snwcmpr
06-23-2014, 19:18
Is there still going to be a raffle of the hammock? Or am I remembering wrong?
Ken in NC

Darby
07-02-2014, 22:53
Yes, we are still planning on raffling the kit once it has made it to all who have signed up to try it. Folks just don't want to let go of it :lol:

snwcmpr
07-03-2014, 14:41
Awesome.

Ken in NC

armnyc
07-08-2014, 15:46
I mail it out today via Fedex. Going to Eddie Tucker in FL. Thanks you.

MAD777
07-08-2014, 21:20
Eddie (Tuck), one of my hiking nuddies, is going to like that hammock.

Tuck
07-09-2014, 17:27
"nuddies"??? First, you mentioned someone should make a live chicken their hiking partner and now.... That was amazingly funny reply btw.

I'm really looking forward to trying it out. If Pan, Dutch, and other big wigs here at HF sing it's praises, it must be something special!

Thanks to Flyfisher for swapping places with me!

MAD777
07-09-2014, 19:11
Hi Tuck. That was supposed to be "buddies"
I need to spell check my spell checker on my phone! LOL

mychal
07-10-2014, 17:59
I think it's fair to say that MAD's nuddie should just keep the hammock after his turn.

dirtwheels
07-12-2014, 17:24
Hope ya'll are all enjoying your at bat with the switchback. Watching the progress of that hammock reminds me of a song from my youth. Don't really care about dating myself, and really...what generation grew up with better tunes?

/watch?v=GcCNcgoyG_0

Tuck
08-03-2014, 13:39
Hey Darby,

I just tried to send you a PM, but I got a message saying your inbox was full. Please get back to me.

Thanks,

Tuck

Darby
08-04-2014, 20:30
Hey Tuck,

You can reach me at 252-619-8292.

Cheers, Dale

Ratdog
11-20-2014, 00:07
bump to the top
any word on where this hammock is right now???

Ratdog
04-17-2015, 19:13
Hey Tuck and Darby, any word on the hammock.

DamnYankee
04-17-2015, 19:48
I'll give it a try.

snwcmpr
04-19-2015, 11:51
What ever happened to the hammock??????

Ken in NC

Darby
04-20-2015, 07:09
The Circuit Hike will be hitting the trail again shortly. We decided to replace the CatCut Tarp with the Diamond Tarp.

Cheers, Dale

dirtwheels
04-23-2015, 20:50
Sounds great, I've been looking at those as a fair weather alternative. Are they Asymmetrical?

The Circuit Hike will be hitting the trail again shortly. We decided to replace the CatCut Tarp with the Diamond Tarp.

Cheers, Dale

Ratdog
10-14-2015, 14:10

Cheers, Dale

Just figured I'd bump this because it's been 6 months since the last update.

snwcmpr
01-30-2017, 16:40
BUMP because it's been a long time.
I thought the hammock would be raffled off.