PDA

View Full Version : Dutch Buckle question...

golfpro1286
08-22-2012, 13:52
I am currently using the all in one system from whoopieslings.com and have been wanting to try the Dutch method of using dutch clips and a dutch buckle to hang the whoopie sling on. The question I have is does the fixed eye end of the whoopie sling go over the buckle or the adjustable loop end? I have a feeling I will need new whoopie slings either way... thanks for the advice...

Dutch
08-22-2012, 14:31
It is the adjustable loop that goes over the buckle. I don't see why your existing whoopie sling wouldn't work out just fine.

golfpro1286
08-22-2012, 14:38
It is the adjustable loop that goes over the buckle. I don't see why your existing whoopie sling wouldn't work out just fine.

I am pretty sure it will, I will just have to find a way to remove the descending ring from the adjustable loop. With their all in one system a continuous loop is run through the hammock channel with a descender ring attaching the continuous loop to the adjustable loop of the whoopie sling. The fixed eye of the whoopie sling is then attached to the webbing that goes around the tree.

golfpro1286
08-22-2012, 15:23
I am pretty sure it will, I will just have to find a way to remove the descending ring from the adjustable loop. With their all in one system a continuous loop is run through the hammock channel with a descender ring attaching the continuous loop to the adjustable loop of the whoopie sling. The fixed eye of the whoopie sling is then attached to the webbing that goes around the tree.

How well would the dutch whoopie hook work as a water stop if spliced to a continuous loop and then hooked to the fixed eye end of the whoopie sling?

Dutch
08-22-2012, 16:26
How well would the dutch whoopie hook work as a water stop if spliced to a continuous loop and then hooked to the fixed eye end of the whoopie sling?

I can't imagine water getting past the whooping hook in either position

golfpro1286
08-22-2012, 17:06
Thanks for the advice Dutch. I have my dutch buckle with straps and clips ordered, going to make a whoopie sling with the fixed eye attached to a descender ring which will be attached to a continuous loop on my hammock. Should be a pretty solid set up...

Bubba
08-22-2012, 21:53
Thanks for the advice Dutch. I have my dutch buckle with straps and clips ordered, going to make a whoopie sling with the fixed eye attached to a descender ring which will be attached to a continuous loop on my hammock. Should be a pretty solid set up...

My advice would be to not integrate the continuous loops and the fixed eye of the whoopie sling into a descender ring. It's easy enough to just girth hitch them on the ring so you can take them apart later. Having a free continuous loop on the hammock is handy for swapping suspensions and using different hardware. For example you can put 2 descender ring on it for use as cinch buckles or you can use a Dutch hook or Dutch biner to attach a whoopie sling or as I mentioned, girth hitching one descender ring to connect the continuous loop to the whoopie sling.