PDA

View Full Version : Tadpole coverage on the ground

catalyst
08-24-2012, 18:42
How much coverage would the Tadpole provide if used as a ground shelter? Would it be sufficient? I'd like my new tarp to be able to pull double duty - sometimes I don't have the luxury of trees or suitable rocks where I go. Would it be better to move up to the Big Daddy?

flatline
08-24-2012, 19:45
good question. i've never measured the width while using my TadPole in std tarp mode.
i believe it would easily provide 2 person coverage if set up in "a-frame" (std ridge) configuration.
if set up as a lean-to, one side tie outs on the ground and the opposite tie outs supported by poles/sticks, would cover 3 people.
the TadPole is 11' x 7.5' and i think the side tie outs are 7' apart.
"lean-to" 7x7 with side door/flaps.

catalyst
08-26-2012, 14:38
good question. i've never measured the width while using my TadPole in std tarp mode.
i believe it would easily provide 2 person coverage if set up in "a-frame" (std ridge) configuration.
if set up as a lean-to, one side tie outs on the ground and the opposite tie outs supported by poles/sticks, would cover 3 people.
the TadPole is 11' x 7.5' and i think the side tie outs are 7' apart.
"lean-to" 7x7 with side door/flaps.

Seems like it could work then. I need it to work on the ground for just one person in rain without a bivy. Thanks.