PDA

View Full Version : BIAS WW and a 42" UQ

Dave-O
09-09-2012, 11:46
Has anyone used a BIAS WW with a JRB 42" UQ like a MW4?

I was thinking of getting a BIAS hammock, but wanted to make sure my MW4 would work with it. I've only ever used a bridge hammock, so I don't have any experience hanging a UQ on a diagonal lay hammock like a WW.

Any suggestions on how to hook it up? I was thinking of using AHE's Triangle Thingies or just running the shock cord suspension up to a prusik knot on ridge line.

Thanks for the help.

Dave-O

SilvrSurfr
09-09-2012, 12:01
Has anyone used a BIAS WW with a JRB 42" UQ like a MW4?

I was thinking of getting a BIAS hammock, but wanted to make sure my MW4 would work with it. I've only ever used a bridge hammock, so I don't have any experience hanging a UQ on a diagonal lay hammock like a WW.

Any suggestions on how to hook it up? I was thinking of using AHE's Triangle Thingies or just running the shock cord suspension up to a prusik knot on ridge line.

Thanks for the help.

Dave-O

Some folks like the triangle thingies, but I just clip my UQ right onto the continuous loops of my BIAS hammock. I would try the triangle thingies, but they address a problem I don't seem to have.

Boulderman
09-09-2012, 15:55
My BIAS WW works great with my JRB Greylock 3 (42" wide, but 3/4 length). I've taken that combo into the 30s and was toasty. The greylock has a different suspension than the MW, so I can't comment on the right attachment for the MW.