PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual Spring Swing 2013 SC

mbcruzin
09-10-2012, 18:43
Ok as promised here is the Official tread to start of the Spring Swing. It will be held at Huntington Beach State Park (http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/huntingtonbeach/introduction.aspx) in the primitive section near the beach. The dates will be March 15th, 16th, and 17th.

Like the last one earlier this spring there will be a raffle with all ticket sales going to the park as a donation from the hammock forums. Plus any gear you wish to donate to the raffle will get you two free tickets.

I would like to get a head count before I reserve the campsites (I'm planning on two if the Fall Sprawl is any indication).

Here is the thread for the 2012 swing (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=45334)
Here is the trip report with pics (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49320)

If you would like to register please sign up on the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmPWz9o5cPmadDlUUlcwVWxvWWxfXzh5RDVlTE8yN FE#gid=0) and send $10 per person to my paypal acount [email protected] (send it as a gift to avoid any charges) that will help cover the cost of the campsites and what ever is left over will go to firewood. If you don't have a paypal account you can just pay me at the camp site.

Squidbilly82
09-10-2012, 18:47
Im in for this one

Captain Smiley
09-10-2012, 19:54
I don't have actually have to say I'm comin' do I? I mean, you know Camp Smiley will be on hand with the Bourbon Street chicken, right? I'll also make sure the tea is sweeter this time. I think I'll start saving my nickels and dimes for the raffle too. I feel like I didn't contribute enough at the Fall Sprawl, only seven tickets, I should be ashamed of my self! I sure hope Jayme will be able to make it.

firemedic
09-10-2012, 20:15
I will not miss this one

I'll send funds when I am able

TATO
09-10-2012, 20:45
I'll definitely be there. Will do BBQ like I did for fall sprawl too if no one objects.

Paulie
09-10-2012, 20:53
"I object to TATO's BBQ." -said no one!!!!

I'm planning on being there...if I'm not off work that weekend, I'll plan on using vacation! :)

I'll send funds as soon as I'm able, as well.

WetRivrRat
09-10-2012, 21:19
I'll definitely be there. Will do BBQ like I did for fall sprawl too if no one objects.

Seriously.... Who in their right mind would object... That was some of the best BBQ! You'd better bring extra because I'm planning on packing out enough for lunch the next week...:boggle:

JaxHiker
09-10-2012, 21:33
Oh yeah, baby.

mbcruzin
09-11-2012, 14:38
I'm going to shot for the first two camp sites so we have easy access to the open field and parking lots.

cwbybld
09-11-2012, 15:02
I will definitely be there. I do not object to TATOs BBQ or Capt Smileys Bourbon Chicken. And I'm quite sure the white devil dog doesn't either. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Rooster
09-11-2012, 15:36
Pudden and I will try to make it there again.

mbcruzin
09-11-2012, 18:41
I will definitely be there. I do not object to TATOs BBQ or Capt Smileys Bourbon Chicken. And I'm quite sure the white devil dog doesn't either. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Will do cowboy

mbcruzin
09-12-2012, 10:52
Pudden and I will try to make it there again.

Be happy to have you guys again.

ahhhgladius
09-12-2012, 10:57
i will not be making this one.... as i will be in Afghanistan till about the beginning of august.

mbcruzin
09-12-2012, 10:58
Good luck over there and we will see you at the next fall sprawl.

Cali
09-12-2012, 10:59
The hubby and I will try to make it. I will have to wait to see what the work schedule is, but then again I may have to take a vacation day. :)
Tato, we'd never object to your BBQ. :tonguesmilie: :thumbup:

mbcruzin
09-12-2012, 11:08

Well no is saying no to the BBQ ( I think only a fool would ). Sounds like a plan.

ahhhgladius
09-12-2012, 11:14
Good luck over there and we will see you at the next fall sprawl.

i should invite yall to a desert hang. international hang anyone?

Captain Smiley
09-12-2012, 12:24
As Interesting as that sounds, I think a gunshot wound in my new hat may ruin its fit. Seriously though, you take care over there buddy. We want you back here in one piece. Oh, and please remember the safety glasses brother. It's no use leavin' the tarp off if you can't see the stars.

Cali
09-13-2012, 14:11
I just recieved the 2013 schedule and that is not one of my off Fridays. I guess I will have to take a vacation day or see if I can switch. I definitely don't want to miss it this coming year.

Junebugdawn
09-19-2012, 18:08
In order for me to attend, I had to make a request to my sister to move my niece's 1st birthday party to another weekend...I may be paying for that trade-off for a LOOOONNNNGGGGGGG time. I still didn't get a definitive answer, but hopefully giving her 6 months notice will make it happen.

Paulie
09-19-2012, 18:12
In order for me to attend, I had to make a request to my sister to move my niece's 1st birthday party to another weekend...I may be paying for that trade-off for a LOOOONNNNGGGGGGG time. I still didn't get a definitive answer, but hopefully giving her 6 months notice will make it happen.

Wow...you're brave! :scared: :lol:

Junebugdawn
09-19-2012, 19:11
Wow...you're brave! :scared: :lol:

You have no idea!:eek: I may have to develop a teleportation machine before then.

mbcruzin
10-10-2012, 18:36
Wow this thread was buried back a few pages. Calling all nc and sc hangers lets hear from ya. If the planed weekend isn't good I can push it back another two weeks. I haven't booked any sites yet.

Gresh
10-10-2012, 18:48
I'm in for at least me, maybe one or two others.

mbcruzin
10-10-2012, 18:52
Sweet gresh glad to hear it.

Gresh
10-10-2012, 18:58
I'll know closer to time whether or not I'm bringing anybody (or actually coming), but it's better to count +1 and not need it, eh?

Junebugdawn
10-10-2012, 19:22
Wow this thread was buried back a few pages. Calling all nc and sc hangers lets hear from ya. If the planed weekend isn't good I can push it back another two weeks. I haven't booked any sites yet.

Another weekend would help me out TREMENDOUSLY!

SCWalker
10-10-2012, 19:40
:(

Not gonna make the end of winter hang in March.My kids will be in school and it's a solid day ride for me to the area.

:(

ahhhgladius
10-11-2012, 05:37
well i might just be making this one.

Cali
10-11-2012, 07:32
If your up to changing the date, the week before or the week after would be better for me. If not, I will take a vacation day. :shades:
I sure am looking forward to it. I hated missing it last year. :)

cwbybld
10-11-2012, 10:12
I am flexible with dates. Since its in my backyard I can be there and work a little if needed.

Gladius, I hear there are a couple new gators in the causeway marsh. Think you will be healed enough for some gator 'rasslin by then? They should be moving around and hungry by then :)

Sweeper
10-12-2012, 21:58
I will put this one on my calendar. I have had a hard time making the fall sprawls, but march should be easier for me. I will bring my dozen or so hammocks (and growing) for people to play with.

Sweeper

SCWalker
10-12-2012, 22:22
I will put this one on my calendar. I have had a hard time making the fall sprawls, but march should be easier for me. I will bring my dozen or so hammocks (and growing) for people to play with.

Sweeper

You're killing me.That's just more fodder for the fire I can't put out.Now I wanna come down there even worse and I can't. :crying

Squidbilly82
10-16-2012, 18:06
Im flexible on dates. Just let me know when to be there

mbcruzin
12-03-2012, 20:27
Ok so I've put a lot of thought into changing to the date. With everything going on in my life and with the growth of the south east forum members and all the new hangs popping up for next spring. I'm going to let the date stand. March 15th - 17th. I hope to see y'all there.

Junebugdawn
12-03-2012, 20:36
:( Really sad that I won't be able to make those dates. :(

mbcruzin
12-03-2012, 20:41
:( Really sad that I won't be able to make those dates. :(

Sorry dawn but I had to make the call.

Junebugdawn
12-03-2012, 22:07
Would anyone be interested in heading down a few days early? I can come down any day that week, I would just have to leave very early Saturday morning.

cwbybld
12-03-2012, 22:36
I think I can make it there a day or two early. Keep you company(drive you crazy).

Gresh
12-03-2012, 22:39
(drive you crazy).

It's not a long trip.

I make no promises, but I may try to get in a day early.

Junebugdawn
12-04-2012, 06:51
It's not a long trip.

Yep, I live in a state of half crazy. It would be great to get to hang with y'all a few days. :lol:

Paulie
12-04-2012, 09:14
It's not a long trip.

Ditto...too far in the future to promise anything, but I'm definitely interested in coming early to join you all!

Junebugdawn
12-04-2012, 09:22
I was seriously bummed when I realized my conflict with the dates, but you guys are making me feel so much better. I'm excited to hopefully get to come down early and for at least part of the Swing. Thanks, guys ...y'all rock.

Paulie
12-04-2012, 09:38
I was seriously bummed when I realized my conflict with the dates, but you guys are making me feel so much better. I'm excited to hopefully get to come down early and for at least part of the Swing. Thanks, guys ...y'all rock.

Yes....yes we do! :D I would be bummed too...I hope my work doesn't interfere with my hang time... :thumbdown:

mbcruzin
12-04-2012, 18:32
What day do you want to get in dawn?

Junebugdawn
12-04-2012, 19:06
I could come in on Wed afternoon as it is quite a ways drive. That would give me two full days to hang out.

mbcruzin
12-06-2012, 17:47
Ok I made a mistake on my PayPal email address. It's supposed to be [email protected] not what is posted.

Squidbilly82
01-28-2013, 01:03
Time to get this bad boy up and running

Junebugdawn
01-28-2013, 19:01
Since I have to leave early Saturday morning and since it is a fairly long haul for me to get there, I am planning to come down early. Right now, I am looking at arriving on Wednesday afternoon. Hope some others will join me early. :-)

TATO
01-28-2013, 20:55
I added a column to the sign up sheet for Pork or Beef BBQ so I can plan how much of each. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Paulie
01-28-2013, 21:03
Well, I just looked at the calender, and the weekend of 3/15 I'm scheduled to work. :-( I'm going to have to look into the possibility of taking that weekend off...if possible, I may just take the whole week off... :D

mbcruzin
02-01-2013, 17:38
Ok I got a site reserved for the event. Any one that is coming please sign up on the spread sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AmPWz9o5cPmadDlUUlcwVWxvWWxfXzh5RDVlTE8yNF E). Again it's $10 per person. You can pay me over PayPal [email protected] or when you get to the hang. This will cover the cost of the site and some fire wood.

cwbybld
02-06-2013, 00:09
The next 5 weeks can't go by fast enough. Max and I are so ready to hang again. Even if its with you guys :) hope for slightly warmer weather though.

Don Morgan
02-11-2013, 00:01
So what's the news. Is it on? Planning on being there. Who is definitely going? What is the agenda? I'm going to be there regardless.

mbcruzin
02-11-2013, 06:53
Yep it's on like donkey kong. No real agenda but here is mu plan.

Friday show up set up eat, talk, etc.

Saturday wake up to the smell of bacon :) mmmmmmm bacon, welcome Saturday arrivals, eat, have gear raffle, talk, eat way too much BBQ from TATO mmmmmmmmm BBQ :), talk around the camp fire, etc.

Sunday get up to the smell of coffee and oatmeal, say good byes as I try to tear down and make sure camp is clean.

See no real agenda there.

Junebugdawn
02-11-2013, 07:43
Agenda: relax, laugh, catch up with friends, make new friends, fry bacon spam :D, use a noisy stove to irritate MB ;), take a polar bear plunge :scared:

mbcruzin
02-11-2013, 11:19
Sounds like fun.

TATO do we need to bring sauces?

TATO
02-11-2013, 16:53
Sounds like fun.

TATO do we need to bring sauces?

I didn't bring sauces to the fall sprawl but was thinking of throwing some together. Anyone please feel free to bring others though.

03XJeep
02-12-2013, 15:50
I'm really interested in making this trip, however, I am curious if there would be room for a tent in this area as well? I assume there will be but I have never laid eyes on this exact area. I am almost 100% I will be able to make this trip, and almost sure I can get my wife to come along. Since this is at the beach, so fingers crossed for this guy.

Gresh
02-12-2013, 16:05
Since hammocks are above ground level, the entirety of the campsite is tent-friendly. :)

Joking. Hope to see you there, though.

mbcruzin
02-12-2013, 16:30
Yes there is an area for tents.

Cali
02-12-2013, 16:56
Just found out I am off that weekend (4 day weekend for me). YeeHaa, I'll be there swingin at the Spring Swing.... :thumbup: :lol:

Captain Smiley
02-25-2013, 12:24
Okay, it's starin' to take shape ya'll. Sugarbear just made the first mention about the Bourbon Street Chicken. I'm trying to get her to make it surf and turf trio. Hmmm, I wonder how that would work in a Dutchy. BTW, I've been tryin' ta get Sugarbear ta buy hammock for some time now and she's pretty well set on a HH. I know it's asking a bit much but I'd thought I'd try anyway. Does anyone have one she could try for a night? She's afraid ta lay down the cash without knowing if she could sleep in one. Was considering taking a pre Summer swim to blow out the arteries as this is a Hammock hang and we shouldn't be too put out by the incoming tidal surge. I do have some bad news though. Due to the inability to replenish my stock, Smiley pins will not be available. :(

Rooster
02-25-2013, 12:41
Okay, it's starin' to take shape ya'll. Sugarbear just made the first mention about the Bourbon Street Chicken. I'm trying to get her to make it surf and turf trio. Hmmm, I wonder how that would work in a Dutchy. BTW, I've been tryin' ta get Sugarbear ta buy hammock for some time now and she's pretty well set on a HH. I know it's asking a bit much but I'd thought I'd try anyway. Does anyone have one she could try for a night? She's afraid ta lay down the cash without knowing if she could sleep in one. Was considering taking a pre Summer swim to blow out the arteries as this is a Hammock hang and we shouldn't be too put out by the incoming tidal surge. I do have some bad news though. Due to the inability to replenish my stock, Smiley pins will not be available. :(

Pudden and I plan to be there Saturday.

I have an HH expedition classic I could bring for her to try.

Captain Smiley
02-25-2013, 22:01
That's really cool of ya and it's gonna be great ta see you guys again. What's the weight limit on the Expedition?

Rooster
02-26-2013, 06:09
That's really cool of ya and it's gonna be great ta see you guys again. What's the weight limit on the Expedition?

Specifications

Height limit: 6' tall / 180 cm

Weight limit: 250 lbs / 115 kg

Packed Weight: 2 lbs 9 oz / 1160 g

Packed Size: 4" x 7" x 9"

Hammock fabric: 210D Oxford nylon

Hammock dimensions: 100" x 52"' (diagonal)

Mesh: 30D polyester No-See-Um netting

Suspending ropes: 10' long 1600 lb. test polyester rope

Webbing straps: 1.5" x 42" long black polyester

Rainfly weight: 10 oz / 280 g

Rainfly fabric: 70D polyurethane coated polyester ripstop

Rainfly dimensions: A parallelogram with - short side - 58" - long side - 87" - short diagonal - 85" long diagonal -130"

Color: Hunter green hammock with hunter green fly and black trim

Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag (18 g., 5/8 oz.)

mbcruzin
02-26-2013, 06:37
Specifications

Height limit: 6' tall / 180 cm

Weight limit: 250 lbs / 115 kg

Packed Weight: 2 lbs 9 oz / 1160 g

Packed Size: 4" x 7" x 9"

Hammock fabric: 210D Oxford nylon

Hammock dimensions: 100" x 52"' (diagonal)

Mesh: 30D polyester No-See-Um netting

Suspending ropes: 10' long 1600 lb. test polyester rope

Webbing straps: 1.5" x 42" long black polyester

Rainfly weight: 10 oz / 280 g

Rainfly fabric: 70D polyurethane coated polyester ripstop

Rainfly dimensions: A parallelogram with - short side - 58" - long side - 87" - short diagonal - 85" long diagonal -130"

Color: Hunter green hammock with hunter green fly and black trim

Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag (18 g., 5/8 oz.)
Now those are some specs :lol:

Glad to hear you and pudding will be there.

Cali
02-26-2013, 07:46
Capt Smiley, I'll bring my Explorer UL and the Safari so she can check them out. That is if my Explorer UL doesn't sell before then. I will still bring the Safari.

I will be bringing lots of firewood. I found a couple downed hardwood trees that are dead, so I guess the hubby and I will have the chainsaws tearing up some trees.

mbcruzin
02-26-2013, 11:20
Wow ask and you shall receive.

Captain Smiley
02-26-2013, 17:48
Oh wow, hey that Safari has a rating of like 350 right? I think that's actually the one she was looking at online. All of you guys are the greatest. If I can get her to finally pull the trigger on buying a hammock, I can give up the agrivation of setting up tents permanently! Oh, MB, I meant to thank you for grabbing my wayward wares at Sesqui. I sure would have missed that shovel for sure. What handle were you talking about?

Squidbilly82
02-26-2013, 18:35
Baja if you need some help toting that wood let me know. I'm not to far away.

mbcruzin
02-26-2013, 19:30
Oh wow, hey that Safari has a rating of like 350 right? I think that's actually the one she was looking at online. All of you guys are the greatest. If I can get her to finally pull the trigger on buying a hammock, I can give up the agrivation of setting up tents permanently! Oh, MB, I meant to thank you for grabbing my wayward wares at Sesqui. I sure would have missed that shovel for sure. What handle were you talking about?

Not sure about a handle but I grabbed your grill you left behind aswell

Captain Smiley
02-27-2013, 13:22
Oh, "Grill"! You said Grip and my pickled brain interpreted that as Handle and well....Thanks brother! Yer Awesome.

Cali
02-27-2013, 15:02
SquidBilly, I can let you know when we're going to start cutting it up, and you can come pick some up, and then I will load my truck up too. I think we will need a lot after that last hang in Columbia. :lol: :woot: That is if Gladius is going to be there. :lol:

Captain Smiley
02-28-2013, 09:05
Um, if memory serves, this is supposed to be one of the more child friendly hangs right? I mean, I should be expected to behave myself in other words.

mbcruzin
02-28-2013, 13:10
Um, if memory serves, this is supposed to be one of the more child friendly hangs right? I mean, I should be expected to behave myself in other words.

Yes this a family friendly event. So please everyone be on our best behavior. I remember the park rangers stopped by a few times to make sure we were ok and not causing to much trouble ( that and a few where checking out our gear).

cwbybld
03-01-2013, 17:37
Cap, I'll have my HH explorer deluxe stashed in the jeep as well.

ahhhgladius
03-01-2013, 23:42

no room for my foul mouth and gasoline tossing ways ;-)

but i cant make this one, dang

mbcruzin
03-02-2013, 16:53
no room for my foul mouth and gasoline tossing ways ;-)

but i cant make this one, dang

Sorry you can't make this hang ahhhgladius. I catch you ( on fire ) at the next hang.

Junebugdawn
03-02-2013, 21:00
No explosions?!? No fun-with-fire & photography?!? Sad :'(

In Human
03-02-2013, 21:38
Just got Eno double nest hammock with pro starps from a great freind now all i need is a better tarp

Gadget
03-03-2013, 07:49
Im comeing. It will be nice to see everyone again.:laugh:

Junebugdawn
03-04-2013, 16:05
A few of us are planning to come in on Wednesday and are getting the same site for the extra nights. Is anyone else interested in coming down early?

Captain Smiley
03-05-2013, 07:08
You know I'd be up for an early arrival at the hang. Unfortunatly, I'm stuck with late Friday afternoon this time. Bummer!

firemedic
03-05-2013, 12:01
A few of us are planning to come in on Wednesday and are getting the same site for the extra nights. Is anyone else interested in coming down early?

I may be able to make this hang, so far so good, and If i do come down it may be thursday afternoon.

Is it ok if I pay when I show up ? and Junebug Ill help with the extra nights also if I make it.

Now all I have to do is make sure I have a Dog Sitter.

Cali
03-05-2013, 12:07
The hubby and I cut up a truck load of firewood this weekend, so that is ready to go,it will be nice and dried out by the 15th. :) I'm also bringing a surprise. :woot:

Gladius, I'm so sorry you won't be there, you will be missed. :(

Gadget, it's great to hear you will be there. :thumbup:

GroundHog, you out there??? This would be a good one to come to. Hope to see you there. :)

Junebugdawn
03-05-2013, 12:33
I may be able to make this hang, so far so good, and If i do come down it may be thursday afternoon.

Is it ok if I pay when I show up ? and Junebug Ill help with the extra nights also if I make it.

Now all I have to do is make sure I have a Dog Sitter.

Great! Hope you can come early. Is your pooch not a camper??

firemedic
03-05-2013, 12:35

June bug if it was he and I camping I wouldn't worry about it but he is rather large and gets cranky sometimes

GroundHog
03-05-2013, 12:51
Yes I'm here..I just don't want to jinx my chances like I did for the Columbia hang...Planning on doing the Yates Place hang with my son....I'm not sure I can get 2 weekend passes in a row...

Cali
03-05-2013, 13:34
FireMedic, I think you need a really big hammock for that pup to sleep in, :lol:

GroundHog, I sure hope you can make it, it's been way to long since we got to hang out. :)

Gresh
03-05-2013, 13:41
I'm debating whether or not I'm gonna be bringing Thor. Biscuit was on the last hang.

mbcruzin
03-05-2013, 16:53
Gresh you should do a gear review at the hang. So we can see you video genius at work.

Gresh
03-05-2013, 16:55
Tell you what: if I get anything out of the raffle, I'll review it there. :)

Captain Smiley
03-05-2013, 17:59
I just noticed, moon is on the wane so I was hoping for a new moon. Good for stargazing. Unfortunatly, It look like the new moon is gonna be on the 13th. Junebug, if you have clear skies, Wednesday night is gonna be gorgeous for you. The rest of us, It'll still be okay, just more heavenly light to deal with.

Junebugdawn
03-05-2013, 18:21
That should be awesome out on the beach!

ahhhgladius
03-05-2013, 19:43
ok ok. so i broke it down 113 miles 14 MPG=8gallons one way thats $28 one way. so $56 round trip plus 10 for camping and 50 for food thats $116 for three days of camping. factor in the increased risk of injury. minus my chair that mbcruzin has. and i might show up for this.

Junebugdawn
03-05-2013, 19:49
Yea, Gladius!!

Captain Smiley
03-05-2013, 20:25
New weather info. It looks like our daytime highs are gonna be on the 60's....GOOD!
Our nighttime lows on the other hand are looking to be in the mid 40's. Those of us who were at Sesqi, may find this a bit warm. Good sleeping weather for me. Sugarbear on the other hand may not be too happy.
It also looks like We will be introducing two new possible hangers. We're bringing a couple of my grand daughters.
I would also like to give my son, Dalton (In Human) props for manning up and listing himself and his GF in the spreadsheet.

ahhhgladius
03-05-2013, 20:49
dalton, does april speak in public yet?

and 40 is way too warm!

firemedic
03-06-2013, 02:51
So far so good, if my PTO is approved ill be there Thursday

Paulie
03-06-2013, 05:48
ok ok. so i broke it down 113 miles 14 MPG=8gallons one way thats $28 one way. so $56 round trip plus 10 for camping and 50 for food thats $116 for three days of camping. factor in the increased risk of injury. minus my chair that mbcruzin has. and i might show up for this.

I hope you're able to make it ahhhgladius!...haven't been to a group hang that you weren't there...would miss your pyro, accident prone self! :rolleyes:

So far so good, if my PTO is approved ill be there Thursday

I hope you're able to make it as well...look forward to hanging with you again!

I plan to come up Wednesday. Hopefully my new hammock, etc. will have arrived by then! :D

JBD: Any update to whether we'll be able to go ahead and use the group site for Wed. and Thurs. night? Also, any other info. those of us arriving early should know? Thanks!

Junebugdawn
03-06-2013, 08:02
I hope you're able to make it ahhhgladius!...haven't been to a group hang that you weren't there...would miss your pyro, accident prone self! :rolleyes:

I hope you're able to make it as well...look forward to hanging with you again!

I plan to come up Wednesday. Hopefully my new hammock, etc. will have arrived by then! :D

JBD: Any update to whether we'll be able to go ahead and use the group site for Wed. and Thurs. night? Also, any other info. those of us arriving early should know? Thanks!

I, also, haven't been to a hang without Gladius...just wouldn't be the same. I'm planning to arrive sometime after lunch on Wednesday. I'll have the info by then about getting onto the site. Anyone who is planning to arrive on Wednesday, PM me about getting into the park. :-)

firemedic
03-06-2013, 09:12
Ok updated the spreadsheet, what do i need to bring to eat? do we have a potluck type thing, or everyone for themselves.

MBCruzin ill give you some cash when i get there sir.

Anyone interested in doing some fishing ?

Captain Smiley
03-06-2013, 16:16
Okay folks, good news! Sugarbear just got her new 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan today, actually, like 30 minutes ago. This means the Jeep is mine! Woohoo! This also means I will be able to make an early arrival at the hang. Not days early, but at least I can get there before noon. Pardon me while I do the Camp Smiley Jig 'O' Victory.

TATO
03-06-2013, 16:46
OK.....Bad news for me. Being a maintenance guy at a large facility sometimes sucks. Mandatory work schedule next weekend, No exceptions. So no BBQ from me but I will still get some gear in the mail for the raffle. Sorry folks

mbcruzin
03-06-2013, 16:56
OK.....Bad news for me. Being a maintenance guy at a large facility sometimes sucks. Mandatory work schedule next weekend, No exceptions. So no BBQ from me but I will still get some gear in the mail for the raffle. Sorry folks

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

eagleJ
03-06-2013, 17:16

You guys having to clean up from your fire last week?

I'll be down at MB next week might try and stop by see you guys.

Captain Smiley
03-06-2013, 17:22
Dude, No, it's a tragedy! However, you will be missed more than your awesome BBQ.

Junebugdawn
03-06-2013, 17:36
First item for raffle. :-)

cwbybld
03-06-2013, 21:42

No. No. No. No. No. No. Awww man that sucks. I'm sorry. Was looking forwards to hanging with you again. And hearing what you have new cooking in your brain.

Gresh
03-06-2013, 21:53
That sucks to hear, TATO. I was looking forward to getting to hang with you!

Cali
03-07-2013, 07:48
No Tato, tell them your sick... :woot: :lol:

We will miss you and I must say your BBQ too. It sure was delicious at the Fall Sprawl. :thumbup:

firemedic
03-08-2013, 08:21
I just found out that I have to go to work at Myrtle Beach next week

So it looks like I'll be getting paid to go camping on Thursday

I love it when a plan comes together

Junebugdawn
03-08-2013, 12:24
MB was able to get the site for us for Wednesday and Thursday nights. At least three of us are going to be there on Wednesday. Hope more can come early, too. I still have to head out early Saturday morning, so I'm trying to squeeze in as much hang time as I can. :-)

Junebugdawn
03-09-2013, 10:58
Is anyone bring some reflectix? I am interested in trying to make a fireside oven.

Gresh
03-09-2013, 13:50
I don't know about reflectix, but you can use tin foil.

Paulie
03-09-2013, 14:34
Is anyone bring some reflectix? I am interested in trying to make a fireside oven.

I may be able to bring some reflectix...gotta find it 1st...

Paulie
03-09-2013, 22:27
I don't remember who brought the pot stand material to Sesqui (maybe MB?), but if that person doesn't mind bringing it to the Spring Swing, I'd love to make me a pot stand out of it.

JBD: I'll be bringing about 5' of reflectix...found it this afternoon...

Junebugdawn
03-09-2013, 22:42
Awesome! Thanks! I believe it was MB who had the wire mesh. I know he made my awesome pot stand for me for my quiet stove. :D

Paulie
03-09-2013, 22:57
I'll also be bringing a brand new full canister of fuel....just for MB's ears... :D

ahhhgladius
03-10-2013, 17:03
is anyone passing through sumter on the way back? please bring my chair from MBC

Junebugdawn
03-10-2013, 17:10
is anyone passing through sumter on the way back? please bring my chair from MBC

You aren't coming?? :confused:

ahhhgladius
03-10-2013, 18:16
You aren't coming?? :confused:

no, my mom visited. and it set me back 150. also, i really need to get the bug rebuilt.

mbcruzin
03-10-2013, 18:26

But I was going to use it at the raffle :lol: I'll make sure some one gets it back to you.

mbcruzin
03-10-2013, 18:28
I don't remember who brought the pot stand material to Sesqui (maybe MB?), but if that person doesn't mind bringing it to the Spring Swing, I'd love to make me a pot stand out of it.

JBD: I'll be bringing about 5' of reflectix...found it this afternoon...

I still have a ton of the wire mesh in my car. I'll make a few pot stands for the raffle I guess.

ahhhgladius
03-10-2013, 19:57
But I was going to use it at the raffle :lol: I'll make sure some one gets it back to you.

yeah i need that chair, so i quit stealing paul, and hermits, and i believe walters!

Junebugdawn
03-10-2013, 20:06
The next two days cannot go by fast enough. I need woods time and I need it NOW!! To know that I have to go sit in training tomorrow makes it even worse. My body may be there, but my mind will be swinging between two trees. :(

mbcruzin
03-12-2013, 09:02
I'm so ready for Thursday.

Cali
03-12-2013, 09:33
The hubby and I are looking forward to it also. I have almost everything packed. Mainly just need to pack the food, and load up the firewood. :thumbup:

Dogs are allowed at this park right??? I may be bringing my Rat Terrier.

Gresh
03-12-2013, 11:15
My grandmother died this morning, which means Chops is staying in town this weekend to be with our family.

I'm not, and since he's not riding with me, I'm liable to be up Thursday night instead of Friday...depending on how motivated I feel after work Thursday. :)

firemedic
03-12-2013, 11:23
My grandmother died this morning, which means Chops is staying in town this weekend to be with our family.

I'm not, and since he's not riding with me, I'm liable to be up Thursday night instead of Friday...depending on how motivated I feel after work Thursday. :)

Sorry for your loss :(

I should be there thursday afternoon

Cali
03-12-2013, 11:26
Gresh, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. You and your family are in my prayers.

Gresh
03-12-2013, 11:39
'preciate it, y'all.

If I leave Thursday after work, I should be there around eight-ish. Otherwise, if I get there Friday I'll get there when I darn well please. :lol:

cwbybld
03-12-2013, 14:49
Gresh, sorry man. But come on in Thursday. We'll be there kicked back.

Baja, yes they allow dogs. The White Devil will be there with me :)

Looking forwards to seeing everyone.

firemedic
03-13-2013, 11:46
Tomorrow afternoon cannot get here fast enough

Paulie
03-13-2013, 11:59
Tomorrow afternoon cannot get here fast enough

I'm already here... :p

Cali
03-13-2013, 13:03
Paulie, I'm very jealous right now..... :( :lol:

Paulie
03-13-2013, 13:41
Paulie, I'm very jealous right now..... :( :lol:

I would be too, if I was anyone else...seeing as I'm the only one here at the moment... :cool: Y'all need to come join me... :D

Don Morgan
03-13-2013, 14:26
Did you find any trees to hang from at the group site? I wish I could have earlier then Friday or I would be there by now. Hope you are enjoying the sunshine. What's the group site like? Are there plenty of trees?

Cali
03-13-2013, 14:29
Have fun for me too, and I will continue to work and suffer until Friday. :lol:

firemedic
03-13-2013, 14:55
Is there someplace close by to the park where I could do some grocery shopping

Paulie
03-13-2013, 14:57
Did you find any trees to hang from at the group site? I wish I could have earlier then Friday or I would be there by now. Hope you are enjoying the sunshine. What's the group site like? Are there plenty of trees?

Plenty of trees, mostly shady, nice fire pit with moveable benches, & a food locker to keep animals out of the food. Definitely happy with the site! I'm laying in the hammock now enjoying the great weather while waiting on Cowboy & JBD to show up.

Have fun for me too, and I will continue to work and suffer until Friday. :lol:

Will do! :). Sorry you have to suffer...Friday will be here soon enough...I worked 14 days straight to be able to come today... :eek: Definitely worth it! :D

Paulie
03-13-2013, 14:59
Oh yeah...if pollen is not your friend, be sure to bring allergy meds... :what:

ahhhgladius
03-13-2013, 18:12
i had planned on coming out saturday to say hi, but my dog medic got into rat poison earlier. she is at the vet now, getting her stomach pumped and antidote administered. i dont want to put stress on her right now. she has to stay overnight and i cant be with her. so please have fun for us.
ill see y'all at the next one.

grannypat
03-13-2013, 19:41
i had planned on coming out saturday to say hi, but my dog medic got into rat poison earlier. she is at the vet now, getting her stomach pumped and antidote administered. i dont want to put stress on her right now. she has to stay overnight and i cant be with her. so please have fun for us.
ill see y'all at the next one.

Sorry about your dog. Hope she is back to normal quickly.

Don Morgan
03-13-2013, 20:04
Within ten minutes there are two grocery stores. On Highway 17 very close to Litchfield right on the main drag. Canpt miss them coming in from the Georgetown area.

FireInMyBones
03-13-2013, 20:20
How did I miss out on seeing this one until now? I was free this weekend, but made plans yesterday and put money down. Dang it I need to be in the woods. Have fun without me again.

cwbybld
03-14-2013, 09:53
First night was great. Not to cold and the night sky was gorgeous. Rolled out this AM and went to work, hurry up and get here afternoon :) The DangerBird is calling my name for a nap :)

Cali
03-14-2013, 10:06
You all are killing me, I am sitting here in my cubicle filled with envy. I'll be there tomorrow as early as I can get there. Probably around 11 am.

cwbybld
03-14-2013, 11:13
Tell you what Baja, if I'm still at work when you arrive tomorrow then you can nap in the DB for me :)

Cali
03-14-2013, 11:20
:lol: I'll be napping in the Clark Vertex with the hubby. :thumbup: Besides, I ended up getting another DangerBird, because I missed the Champagne & Wine DangerBird so much. I may bring it so you can check it out, it is 1.1 ripstop Digital ACU, which is lighter, and packs smaller.

cwbybld
03-14-2013, 11:29
Nice!!!! See y'all tomorrow

Junebugdawn
03-14-2013, 18:12
Notice the "no tents" sign. :thumbup:

firemedic
03-15-2013, 09:58
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/15/e6ase9a2.jpg

Cali
03-15-2013, 10:32
I'm sorry, but mac and I can't make it, much as we really would love to. My neighbor's dog got in my fenced in yard and attacked my dogs. Desi my male Jack Russell had to have three staples put in his chin. Mac and I now have to take down an old wire fence and put up a chainlink one to protect my babies. Yes, the neighbor is paying the vet bill.
We really hate to miss this hang, but I have to make sure my babies are safe.

Junebugdawn
03-15-2013, 10:39
Oh, no, Baja! Sorry to hear about your pup. We will miss you.

Anybody who can grab some firewood, please bring it along. We are down to a dozen pieces.

grannypat
03-15-2013, 14:52
BajaHanger, sorry about your poor baby.

firemedic
03-16-2013, 03:04
Sorry too hear that Baja.

Cali
03-16-2013, 08:14
Thank you all, and I hope you are all having a great time. The weather is so nice, we are really hating that we couldn't hang with you all. I have a four day weekend, man I hate to have to work on this fence instead of hanging.
Desi is a little trouper, and his is doing well. The staples look terrible, but he doesn't seem to mind them.

firemedic
03-16-2013, 14:50
Raffle score !!!!!

WOOT

I'm about ready to cancel Verizon service

Big city no signal

Picture upload once more

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/epeha5uz.jpg

Yes that is the Mamba Jamba

Junebugdawn
03-16-2013, 18:48
Miss y'all already. :'(

firemedic
03-16-2013, 19:12
Miss y'all already. :'(

Fire is WARM

Junebugdawn
03-16-2013, 19:17
Thanks for sharing the pic. At least I'm there in spirit. :-)

firemedic
03-16-2013, 21:45
Thanks for sharing the pic. At least I'm there in spirit. :-)

Yes ma'am you sure are

Junebugdawn
03-17-2013, 20:42
I set up my hammock and tarp in the yard. I lounged in the hammock awhile thinking about all the fun we had at the hang. Then I washed off the inch of pollen off the tarp and let it dry. I just cleaned and putting away all my gear. My gear pantry is now all nice and organized. :-)
I'll get pics uploaded tomorrow when I get back to my computer at the cottage. Hope everyone got home safely.

Paulie
03-17-2013, 21:06
JBD: we all missed you as well!...hate you had to leave early, but I'm glad we got to come up a couple days early.

I've got to wash pollen off everything too...mostly the tarp...ugh...will do that tomorrow. Look forward to the pics, videos, trip reports, and the next hang!

Pudden
03-18-2013, 08:30
Quite the haul my man.

themanthefirstone
03-18-2013, 09:15
Had a good time and it was nice to meet everyone.

Hototo
03-18-2013, 09:17
That is amazing.... Beaches, hammocking, and prizes? Surreal indeed. Congrats on the goodies.

Raffle score !!!!!

WOOT

I'm about ready to cancel Verizon service

Big city no signal

Picture upload once more

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/17/epeha5uz.jpg

Yes that is the Mamba Jamba

firemedic
03-18-2013, 09:19
That is amazing.... Beaches, hammocking, and prizes? Surreal indeed. Congrats on the goodies.

Thanks for the congrats, I'm happy because I don't win things very often

Cali
03-18-2013, 11:02
Great score firemedic, makes me miss being there even more. It was such a beautiful weekend, I know you all had a great time. I hope to see you all at the next hang.