PDA

View Full Version : Sag

Godxilla
10-22-2008, 20:59
The last 2 times using the HH it seemed to sag a great deal overnight. I would tie it at chest level and wake up inches from the ground. the first time was with the temp in the 90's with an ungodly level of humidity. The last was with the temp in the 40's (f). What's up with that. Am I mistying or does the Hammock stretch that much?

Just Jeff
10-22-2008, 21:02
The new hammock material will stretch out the first several times you use it. Once it's stretched out you'll get a constant hang each time. Luckily, the solution is easy...sleep in your hammock more.

Ramblinrev
10-22-2008, 21:04
Tie it at chest level and end up only inches off the ground? You were doing well.... hehehe

How far apart were the supports? The farther the span the higher the hang points need to be. There are absolutely hoardes of threads about hanging a HH to get a good hang height.

fin
10-23-2008, 15:26
Welcome to HF, Godxilla!

Peter_pan
10-23-2008, 17:01
Best way to minimize sag once it is broke in is to pick trees where your suspension line on theeach end is between 1-3 feet... closer to 1 the better...Suspension line stretch will thus be minimal....Said another way, trees where your tarp just fits with room for easy tie offs.

Pan

Dutch
10-23-2008, 17:28
I like to lay in it once it is set up for about 5 minutes. Then I retie one side. It gets out most of the stretch and you will barely sag any more through the night. It helps keep me up under the tarp real well and that is what I am looking for.

canalvoyageur
10-23-2008, 23:06
Hi there, Pan has advocated what I have said on this subject before, your Tarp determines the tree distance.
Wider distance requires higher hang, so much so the hang could be higher than your tarp tie off, best to avoid if possible Regards and Happy Hammocking Bill