PDA

View Full Version : UQ Shock cord length?

RTR
10-24-2008, 14:29
Looking to find the length of the shock cord you all use for the suspension on your UQs? "eay" asked the diameter a few posts back but I was wondering about the length.

headchange4u
10-24-2008, 15:28
It's the width of the under quilt plus about an extra 6" or so, assuming you are using a JRB style under quilt with the drawstring channels on the ends of the quilt.

RTR
10-24-2008, 15:44
It's the width of the under quilt plus about an extra 6" or so, assuming you are using a JRB style under quilt with the drawstring channels on the ends of the quilt.

TY Headchange. Yes I just received my JRB Hudson River today.:boggle: I had thought I purchased the suspension system but after looking at my receipt I noticed it was my bad and I never added it to the order. Should have noticed when I made it :cursing: My bad for sure nothing todo with a shipping mix up from JRB. Those guys rock, my UQ came only 2 days after I ordered it :scared:, unbelievably fast shipping. So to fix my screw up I figure a stop by REI on the way home and some length of shock cord will fix that easy enough. I have some spare small accessory biners at home I can use.

headchange4u
10-24-2008, 15:50
Scratch that. Somehow when I read that I thought you were talking about the shock cord that runs through the drawstring channels on the ends of the quilt . I don't know how long the suspension system is. I'll try to measure mine tonight.

RTR
10-24-2008, 16:25
Scratch that. Somehow when I read that I thought you were talking about the shock cord that runs through the drawstring channels on the ends of the quilt . I don't know how long the suspension system is. I'll try to measure mine tonight.

OK no troubles. I am thinking ether way at least 3 feet would be good on each end. I will buy about 8 feet of it and if i need to I can always take some off. After looking at some pics of other Hangers systems I noticed each was a bit diff so all in all I guess it is not that important.