PDA

View Full Version : Contacting my CC Company

brownham
09-19-2012, 09:20
I hate to do it. I know the guy is busy, I knew there'd be a delay with my order as with all others. I know he has a day job and is a nice guy and everything else.

Today is 7 weeks (order placed 8/1/12) since I gave him my money with no product nor response.

No need to start a new debate about his communication skills or business practices, I'm just putting this out there for anyone new looking to buy directly from him.

dragon360
09-19-2012, 10:18
Seems quite odd in considering my contacts with him. Possibly something that has sadly fallen through the cracks? You most likely have tried all avenues to reach him (PM, email etc) so hopefully he will see this soon.

Snow-Ape
09-23-2012, 20:43
Love my tarp but I wouldn't do business with him again...

pulsemod
09-24-2012, 16:34
Same here. Nice tarp, but that's it. I would never do business with him again. If he screws up, you lose. He won't fix it.

GaryBunk
09-27-2012, 00:28
I hate to do it. I know the guy is busy, I knew there'd be a delay with my order as with all others. I know he has a day job and is a nice guy and everything else.

Today is 7 weeks (order placed 8/1/12) since I gave him my money with no product nor response.

No need to start a new debate about his communication skills or business practices, I'm just putting this out there for anyone new looking to buy directly from him.

I have been here close to a year and have wondered when it would deteriate to this. I can here looking for help to contact Brian about purchasing a tarp. I just wish a long time ago someone would have put their collective foot down with Brian, it might have helped him. On the flip side, Wilderness Logic make a great tarp, and their service and communication is the best I have ever dealt with regardless of the industry.

Bubba
09-27-2012, 04:56
I hope you get a resolution soon.

JasonByers
09-27-2012, 22:44
Sorry to hear you are going through this. I had a bad experience with him a couple of months back and he was going to make it right with a small refund but the refund never came. Actually when I received the tarp it had a bad spot in the sil. I didn't even try to contact him about it because I knew it would just make me more upset with the situation. I hate to write anything bad about folks but if I knew that so many people had bad dealings with Brian I would have never bought from him. Good luck dealing with your cc company. Hope this will be settled soon for ya.

cfi on the fly
09-28-2012, 05:44
For those of us who wish to avoid situations like this and are not in the know, what company is this? I might be having an issue with a well repected supplier here, hope that I get some notification by today...

lattie11581
09-28-2012, 06:23
I was looking at getting an OES tarp :(
Guess I will look elswhere after seeing this.

JasonByers
09-28-2012, 06:55
For those of us who wish to avoid situations like this and are not in the know, what company is this? I might be having an issue with a well repected supplier here, hope that I get some notification by today...

Outdoor Equipment Supplier

Maddog67
09-28-2012, 07:31

I love my MacCat Deluxe...BUT...the customer service at OES is the WORST I have ever experienced! I will NEVER buy another product from OES! YMMV Maddog:D

BTW: I now get all my gear from HF member Orion X at http://oxgearoutdoorequipment.com/ Maddog:D

L.D. Cakes
09-28-2012, 07:35
I hate this, I really hate this...Two years ago I met Brian and he is a really nice fellow. I bought the wrong tarp at Trail Days and he made it right within a week. But now all these complaints....what's happened????:confused:

srady
09-30-2012, 18:08
There are so many quality companies that provide an equal to superior product than OES:

HMG
ZPacks
Mountain Laurel Designs
Etc...

These companies have outstanding products and their customer services are second to none. I personally had a bad experience with Brian a while back and without going into details, would not buy from him again.

Keep your sanity --- SHOP AROUND!!!