PDA

View Full Version : WL Lite Owl

bkautzman89
10-12-2012, 21:10
I've got a WL Lite Owl on the way, and now i'm wondering if my WL Tadpole tarp is going to be big enough for the Lite Owl?:scared: I know the hammock is 11ft(132") and so is the tarp, so obviously there will be little to no extra coverage length wise. Will having an adjustable ridgeline "shorten" the hammock, making it fit under the tarp better? also a side question, what is the weight of the lite owl? i know it's ~20oz packed, but what is the weight without the straps and all of that?

spaceweaseal
10-12-2012, 21:20
The tadpole will cover it.
I hang my 11' hammocks with a 109-110" RL so the tadpole does work..
Happy hanging

flatline
10-12-2012, 21:49
my usual setup is a LiteOwl under a Tadpole.
my SRL is 108". and the Tadole is a perfect fit.
it's a great setup!

bkautzman89
10-13-2012, 11:18
Well that's a relief. But does anyone know the weight? Not the pack weight. I'm curious if the lite Owl is lighter than my GT UL.

spaceweaseal
10-13-2012, 17:23
Well that's a relief. But does anyone know the weight? Not the pack weight. I'm curious if the lite Owl is lighter than my GT UL.

The GTUL is lighter but with the LO you are getting a 11" hammock that is extremely comfortable. I got rid of my LO but I have a hammock that is pretty much the same as the LO I can weigh later tonight.
I know you want the weight without any suspension but you won't be carrying it that way. I will stii strip it down but I was just curios why plp want a striped weight.:confused:

bkautzman89
10-14-2012, 16:14
Curiosity I guess. No need to strip it down though. Just you say the GT UL is lighter is good enough for me. I'll definitely be using the LO though.

spaceweaseal
10-14-2012, 19:59
The hammock I am weighing is the same fabric and dimension as the LO and even has the side cinch cords, (knotty mod) that the LO has.
It was weighed in it's double ended stuff sack and has armsteel loops in the end channels. It is 16oz as weighed

I weighed the GTUL that was striped
It is 8.75oz

Happy hanging

bkautzman89
10-14-2012, 20:52
thank you very much spaceweaseal. now i just have to patiently wait for the LO to get here.

spaceweaseal
10-14-2012, 21:24
thank you very much spaceweaseal. now i just have to patiently wait for the LO to get here.

It is well worth the wait.:D

Bigbaby
10-14-2012, 21:24

Rumor has it that your Lite Owl will be shipped on Monday! :boggle:

1energy936
10-20-2012, 13:13
I love my lo my personal fav hammock i have tried and my omw tarp and tadpole tarp!! Awesome products! Marty has great customer service to boot!!!!!

Old Curmudgeon
10-20-2012, 22:13
Lite Owl has become my favorite too. I was convinced I wouldn't prefer any hammock to my WBBB, but I think the LO is amazing, especially this time of year when a bug net isn't necessary. Just bought an Old Man Winter tarp too. Marty has been great. I'm glad lots of folks are enjoying his excellent products and service.