PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of a light weight downproof microfiber fabric?

LostCause
11-11-2008, 19:54
Does anyone know where I can get some lightweight downproof microfiber fabric? Does such a thing even exist?

I did a quick search today but with no luck, although I found a 500+ down blanket with a microfiber shell at overstock.com. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but the idea of modding it is intriguing.

te-wa
11-11-2008, 21:09
the lightest fabric i have used is Momentum in a .9 per yard weight. I wish we had access to Epic and Quantum and other fancy stuff.
is momentum what you would qualify as "microfiber"?

LostCause
11-11-2008, 21:13
I'm not sure. I've never felt momentum. I'm looking for a soft (silky or fleece like) lightweight, downproof material. Basically not nylon ripstop. Or at least the stuff I have on hand. I was planning to attempt a down quilt soon. What is the feel of the momentum?

te-wa
11-11-2008, 21:32
momentum is only offered by Paul (ayce) at Thru-hiker.com and is a ripstop, but not as crinkly or rough feeling as 1.1 ripstop - it has sort of a silky feel. You may ask him for a fabric sample in the mail. He's very accomidating. Also, everything you need to do a quilt like my version (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4362) can be purchased thru him. The quilt in my directions is made with Aegean blue and black momentum. Mike

LostCause
11-12-2008, 12:43
Thanks Mike! I'll look into getting some of that momentum. Nice quilt by the way!

headchange4u
11-12-2008, 15:02
Momentum90 has a very shiny, slick side and one side that is very satiny and soft, much like silk. The soft feels great against the skin.