PDA

View Full Version : video section

Roadtorque
11-11-2008, 22:27
I know this has come up before, if not here in other parts of the forum, but with so many people putting videos on youtube could we get a section dedicated for their videos. Seems as if everyone is on part one of many. Figured we could include Turks and Shugs trip reports as well as cavediver 2's and Neo's hammock reviews. But anyway a place to group all the videos would be nice so I could keep track of them and not miss future "episodes".

gunn parker
11-12-2008, 00:07
I like that idea :)

Shug
11-12-2008, 09:14
I agree! On one of my other forums .... unicyclistcommunity, they put a dedicated video section as unicyclists love to film themselves. i put my uni movies there and have the young kids make sport of me.
Good idea as I think we will see more on this site.

Mrprez
11-12-2008, 10:01
I agree! On one of my other forums .... unicyclistcommunity, they put a dedicated video section as unicyclists love to film themselves. i put my uni movies there and have the young kids make sport of me.
Good idea as I think we will see more on this site.

OK, I have to see this, please provide a link! :)

cavediver2
11-12-2008, 11:38
I have asked the mod's before and there are good with that once we have enough video's to put in there. But what I asked for was placing how to hammock video's in a how to group. I think we have 3 maybe 4 now that could be put into a forum all there own. But I looked at the way they placed the Clark video at the top of the clark forum with a sticky thing and I acutally like that better because you can look at it as a manufacture bases Just my 2c worth.

But I still think having a place to put video's maybe in the Members only area.

neo
11-12-2008, 11:39
sounds like a great ideal to me:cool:neo

headchange4u
11-12-2008, 12:09
A video section is coming, at some point in the future, but I think there needs to be more hammock related vids before we create their own subforum.

Right now, be sure to tag any threads that contain hammock related videos so that they can be easily found with the tag system (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4273).

NCPatrick
11-12-2008, 12:12
Let's have a standardized tag for videos, like maybe "video".

headchange4u
11-12-2008, 12:21

Agreed. "Video" works for me.

Iafte
11-12-2008, 12:36

Such an easy tag, lets confuse everyone and call it "Digital visual media"... :lol:

NCPatrick
11-12-2008, 12:46
Such an easy tag, lets confuse everyone and call it "Digital visual media"... :lol:

Hey, it could happen... :D

LostCause
11-12-2008, 14:24
This thread sounds like a call to arms! Everyone start making more videos!

NCPatrick
11-12-2008, 14:43
This thread sounds like a call to arms! Everyone start making more videos!

You mean DVM's? Kidding.

angrysparrow
11-12-2008, 14:47
You mean DVM's? Kidding.

Amusingly enough, it would be very easy for me to write a script to replace the word 'video' with 'digital visual media' everywhere it appears. :D

I really thought about doing something similar last April Fools day. I wanted to replace 'underquilt' with 'ham'. Q: "What do you use for insulation?" R: "Ham". :)

NCPatrick
11-12-2008, 15:05
That's hilarious. :)

I'm gonna keep my eye on you next April Fool's day.

Roadtorque
11-12-2008, 15:15
A video section is coming, at some point in the future, but I think there needs to be more hammock related vids before we create their own subforum.

Right now, be sure to tag any threads that contain hammock related videos so that they can be easily found with the tag system (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4273).

"If you build it they will come":lol:

Just Jeff
11-15-2008, 18:11
The problem we're discussing in the mod section is how to categorize them. Should all videos be placed in the video section, or should a video of a Clark be placed in the Clark section, for example? There's no easy way to have the video appear in two places unless you start two different threads.

I think most people don't come to the site looking specifically for videos, but for info on a topic. So maybe we could put a video subforum under each category...that way if you're interested in underquilts you look in the underquilts section and get everything, including videos.

But then the next problem is what happens when someone makes a 10 minute video including their hammock, underquilt, cinch buckles, wearable sleeping bag and dog's hammock-themed birthday party. Which forum does it go under?

LostCause
11-15-2008, 18:53
But then the next problem is what happens when someone makes a 10 minute video including their hammock, underquilt, cinch buckles, wearable sleeping bag and dog's hammock-themed birthday party. Which forum does it go under?

I think that would be the biggest problem with having to categorize them by the way the threads are done. In a video there would be info bleed over.
I think that a completely separate forum should be made with six categories: gear reviews, trip reports, DIY instructional, non-hammock gear, brand introduction, and showin' off my setup. I think most will fall under these categories.
But that's just me. Maybe we should get a consensus by making a poll for this.

cavediver2
11-15-2008, 19:43
I think that would be the biggest problem with having to categorize them by the way the threads are done. In a video there would be info bleed over.
I think that a completely separate forum should be made with six categories: gear reviews, trip reports, DIY instructional, non-hammock gear, brand introduction, and showin' off my setup. I think most will fall under these categories.
But that's just me. Maybe we should get a consensus by making a poll for this.

I agree have same categories as the forum just make them for video's.
I have had allot of folks see the video on the Clark forum because they went to the forum for what ever reason and it was the first thing on the forum the way that the mod set it up it would not get lost and would be the first thing they see when they clicked on Clark forum.

I think that if it has to do with a manufacturer that it should be the first thing in that forum with a stick put to it or what ever it is the mod's do to it.
And if it is DIY put it under DIY video's and we can name it our self's as long as it is under DIY and so on.

but then that is why I am not a mod on here.

just my 2cents worth
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________
Edit if it is something to do with other than hammock stuff it should be put into members only area of some kind