PDA

View Full Version : Dutch flyz on superfly RL

Roe Ring
10-18-2012, 15:22
I'm looking to swap my continuos tarp RL with a two piece system using lash it and flyz. From the limited information I can find, it seems that tarp flyz can be fixed directly to the split rings on the superfly RL, and a length of lash it run from the flyz around the tree. Dutch sells these on his site, ready spliced, but I have two spare flyz and some lash it so figured I'd make my own.

Can anyone tell me how the lash it is spliced to the flyz? In the spirit of not wanting to do Dutch out of a sale, I can confirm that my flyz and lash it both came from his wondrous store of shiny goodies (along with my hooks, buckles, whoopies, quilt clips, whoopie hooks, etc.) I think I have a dutchware problem :boggle:

just-bobby
10-18-2012, 15:48
look at the faq and go to the bottom of the page and you'll find a drawing...
http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/cottage-industries/dutchware/dutchware-faq/

Roe Ring
10-18-2012, 16:03
Thanks just-bobby, that makes sense and is probably what Dutch supplies. the locked brummel fixed eye being larks headed to the split ring on the tarp whilst the flyz is threaded onto the line as intended. I did read somewhere, that the flyz could be fixed directly to the split ring though, but that doesn't seem to be how Dutch does it.

Thanks again

Mark

Dutch
10-18-2012, 17:16
You can put it on the split ring however I would suggest adding more line. When you are able to adjust the position of the flyz you can move it towards the tree for those big trees or longer spans. One more thin we backsplice the far end so you can't lose the fly and it looks better.

Roe Ring
10-18-2012, 17:33
Thanks Dutch, I hadn't considered lengthening the line by moving the flyz. It would be more restrictive if fixed to the split ring. I'll make them up like you do.

Atb

Mark