PDA

View Full Version : New Dutchware product-Quilt hangers

Dutch
10-23-2012, 16:06
Quilt hangers (http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/featured/hammock-quilt-clips-and-quilt-hangers/) are the simple solution to your quilt suspension. They are light at about 0.6 gram per pair. Easy to install, you just slide them on your shock cord. They function better than a carabiner; they orientate your shock cord so it runs down either side of your hammock with no twists. Once installed Quilt Hangers stay locked on the shock cord so you won’t be fumbling in the dark trying to hang your quilt. They are sold in pairs, you get one white Quilt Hanger and one black Quilt Hanger, so you will easily identify the head and foot end of your quilt. Best part; they are only $3 per pair and free shipping. Made by Tato.

http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/featured/hammock-quilt-clips-and-quilt-hangers/

ij83n9Hs5yU

Roe Ring
10-23-2012, 16:15
Dutch's law:

"New stuff will always be launched just after your current order has been dispatched"

:cursing::cursing::cursing::thumbup:

Dutch
10-23-2012, 16:18
Dutch's law:

"New stuff will always be launched just after your current order has been dispatched"

:cursing::cursing::cursing::thumbup:

But free shipping takes the pain out of that. Dutch's other law

Roe Ring
10-23-2012, 16:19
But free shipping takes the pain out of that. Dutch's other law

Can't say fairer than that. Consider them ordered :D

Edit: Order done, now waiting for the dispatch notice, then the launch of another great product! I am addicted to Dutchware.

Black Foot
10-23-2012, 16:23
Dan and I had the opportunity to try these out on our last two hangs. They are super-light and work better than a set of s-biners. Recommended.

NikkiC
10-23-2012, 16:30
I picked up a set at the fall MAHHA raffle and love them!

Gresh
10-23-2012, 16:35
How fast is shipping, generally? I've got a camping trip I'm going on this weekend and would love to try these!

FireInMyBones
10-23-2012, 16:42
I ordered these on Thursday night and they were here yesterday when I got home from work. I'm looking forward to trying them out on my full length 15F DIY UQ that is in the works.

Thanks Dutch.

Shug
10-23-2012, 16:48
Got mine hooked up on the Greylock4 UQ...in the pack....and hitting the trail tomorrow for 4 nights......
The DutchQuiltHangers are excited.
Thankee Dutch. You too much.
Shug

Hawk-eye
10-23-2012, 16:56
Dang Dutch what happened? You changed your name and ain't so easy on the eyes anymore. Your assistant is much mo'betta! :woot:

Les Rust
10-23-2012, 17:20
More Dutchware. Shug heading out for four day trip. Free shipping. Life is good!

dave_p
10-23-2012, 18:58
Dutch's law: "New stuff will always be launched just after your current order has been dispatched"

+1; 3rd Dutch order in a bit more than a week. Order for both products placed.

fallkniven
10-23-2012, 20:07
I'm using them on my tarp doors, for a quick open and close

lazy river road
10-23-2012, 20:16
Having gotten a pair this weekend all I can say is absolutely awesome

Callahan
10-23-2012, 20:18
Genius Dutch! I thought I was the only person around who was getting driven nutz by S-Biners. I like the suspension to run the right way, and on some of hammocks it works, and others it gets all gnarled up.

Will be ordering some of these!

Cheers

hammock_monk
10-23-2012, 23:48
Awesome. Will place order tomorrow.

MedicineMan
10-24-2012, 00:08
Looks like this was a collaboration between Mac and Dutch-need to get these two great minds together more often!
Looks like I'll be sporting a set for the BSF reunion hike-n-hang :)
Thanks again for the pancakes Dutch!

SoundMan
10-24-2012, 00:29
Great little addition to my underquilt kit. Recommended!
Mac looks great pitching Dutchware..
Thanks for the pancakes, we will do it again soon!

TATO
10-24-2012, 06:37
Looks like this was a collaboration between Mac and Dutch-need to get these two great minds together more often!
Looks like I'll be sporting a set for the BSF reunion hike-n-hang :)
Thanks again for the pancakes Dutch!

These are acually Tato Gear but Dutch and Mac are so much easier on the eyes than me:D

Genius Dutch! I thought I was the only person around who was getting driven nutz by S-Biners. I like the suspension to run the right way, and on some of hammocks it works, and others it gets all gnarled up.

Will be ordering some of these!

Cheers

This was the whole purpose for me designing these. I absolutely hated the S-Biners because they where constantly getting caught on the whoopie. And in the winter time when your hands just aren't working like they should, this could cause you to say a few choice words:eek:

Cranky Bear
10-24-2012, 07:47
I got a set of these at Mahha, and they work exactly as described, I will say though I have an affliction with Ti and would love to see a Ti version of these....

Loki
10-24-2012, 08:08
:lol::D:lol:
MacDutch !

Dang Dutch what happened? You changed your name and ain't so easy on the eyes anymore. Your assistant is much mo'betta! :woot:

Callahan
10-24-2012, 09:36
These are acually Tato Gear but Dutch and Mac are so much easier on the eyes than me:D

This was the whole purpose for me designing these. I absolutely hated the S-Biners because they where constantly getting caught on the whoopie. And in the winter time when your hands just aren't working like they should, this could cause you to say a few choice words:eek:

Great design Brian! Can't wait to give these a try.

Cheers :laugh:

Shug
10-24-2012, 09:40
Got my new DQH on my new JRB Greylock4 UQ and heading out the door for a 4 night wet-cold backpack trip with Wandern'Fool for his 50th Birthday. He may hate me after this trip. . Shoulder season))))))))
Shug

dragon360
10-24-2012, 09:54
Got my new DQH on my new JRB Greylock4 UQ and heading out the door for a 4 night wet-cold backpack trip with Wandern'Fool for his 50th Birthday. He may hate me after this trip. . Shoulder season))))))))
Shug

Hope a video comes a callin' soon after!

Nice little treats TATO. +1 on seeing them in a Ti version!

cadam106
10-24-2012, 13:51
Just ordered 3 sets one for my quilt and one set for each end of my tarp doors. Keep them comeing Dutch

Dutch
10-24-2012, 13:54
Hope a video comes a callin' soon after!

Nice little treats TATO. +1 on seeing them in a Ti version!

I could make them out of Ti but why. It would triple the cost and if you need Ti to hold up your UQ, I think you need a new UQ.

dgmyrs
10-24-2012, 14:43
These looks great! Question, would they work with the Phoenix UQ with the two lines of suspension (Primary and Secondary)?

Roe Ring
10-24-2012, 14:50
These looks great! Question, would they work with the Phoenix UQ with the two lines of suspension (Primary and Secondary)?

I was thinking that too for my incubator. If the two cords don't fit, I was planning on larks heading a small loop of single shock cord onto the two UQ cords then onto the new DQH.

Tobit
10-24-2012, 14:51
Dutch and Tato FTW. I will be ordering a pair soon.

Schooley
10-24-2012, 22:21
After a week long section hike being a new hanger using a pair of S Biners and experiencing the concerns caused these make perfect since. I will be ordering a pair ASAP.

Cranky Bear
10-25-2012, 07:52
I could make them out of Ti but why. It would triple the cost and if you need Ti to hold up your UQ, I think you need a new UQ.

Because everything is better in Ti, common man you most of all should know this :laugh:

Cranky Bear
10-25-2012, 07:55

You could use two (well actually 4). One on each line end.

Or you could tie both cords together then have a single loop of SC extending past the juncture of both primary and secondary and attach the quilt hanger.

dragon360
10-25-2012, 08:08

Ha - or a wash! Seems that titanium is trying to take over the world (seeing references all over recently) and I wanted to be ahead of the domination!

2Tall
10-25-2012, 08:33
You could use two (well actually 4). One on each line end.

Or you could tie both cords together then have a single loop of SC extending past the juncture of both primary and secondary and attach the quilt hanger.

then thats 2 grams !!!!:eek:

I.was wondering the same. it would .be nice to arrest both lines on one hook, less tangling etc

Dutch
10-25-2012, 10:41

Stormcrow is suppose to send me one so I can try it or mod it. So I just won't know until it gets here.

2Tall
10-25-2012, 10:54
Stormcrow is suppose to send me one so I can try it or mod it. So I just won't know until it gets here.

Or perhaps a whole different design...kinda like the utility hook...using two tiers on the current idea

brambor
10-25-2012, 11:15
ordered a pair. thanks. :-)

PapaSmurf
10-25-2012, 11:26
I was gonna save this as a surprize, but the first 10 Darien UL users are getting a pair included in the stuff sack.
Just cause they're cool. :cool:

brambor
10-25-2012, 12:21
Is the stuff sack roughly 2"x2" ?

:D

I was gonna save this as a surprize, but the first 10 Darien UL users are getting a pair included in the stuff sack.

PapaSmurf
10-25-2012, 12:41

Is the stuff sack roughly 2"x2" ?

Haha. Ok, included with your Darien UL
Geesh...:D

Chenvre
10-26-2012, 10:24
Went on to order a couple pairs of these, and ended up filling my shopping cart with 130 bucks in goodies! I'm sure nobody else does this....Right???

Thanks, Dutch & Co.!

alrany187
10-27-2012, 08:45
Got mine and combined with the ridgeline quilt hooks, they are awesome for a quick set up.

FreeRange
10-27-2012, 23:15
As I was constantly waking up last weekend at MAHHA pulling my under quilt up on my shoulders, I thought, there has to be a better way to keep this thing in place. Wa La . . . Dutch Quilt Clips! I won a set in the raffle on Saturday night.

Thanks Dutch. Another order for quilt clips is on the way.

SwinginIt
10-28-2012, 14:40

That's really awesome of you. Hope I got my order in quick enough cuz I definitely wanna try these out.

PapaSmurf
10-29-2012, 12:42
That's really awesome of you. Hope I got my order in quick enough cuz I definitely wanna try these out.

Yes, you're all set.
I think you clicked the buy button before the ink was even dry on the web page. :laugh:

Shug
10-29-2012, 13:00
They worked great on my 4 night trip this week. But I did one of those sit-in-the-UQ and not the hammock and one snapped off. Plastic can only take so much I reckon.
Dutch On.......
Shug

Chiefstryker
10-30-2012, 17:55
Went on to order a couple pairs of these, and ended up filling my shopping cart with 130 bucks in goodies! I'm sure nobody else does this....Right???

Thanks, Dutch & Co.!

I have done this. Dutchware is so addicting, its like crack for hammockers.:woot:
Just ordered some of these. Now i have more toys to play with Whahooo!

MacEntyre
11-17-2012, 08:27
These are acually Tato Gear but Dutch and Mac are so much easier on the eyes than me
Ya hear that, Hawk-eye?

Tato-MacDutch Quilt hangers are standard equipment on Molly Mac Gear UQs now!

- MacEntyre

Dogbone
11-19-2012, 23:01
They worked great on my 4 night trip this week. But I did one of those sit-in-the-UQ and not the hammock and one snapped off. Plastic can only take so much I reckon.
Dutch On.......
Shug

See Dutch the mighty Shug snapped one, us mere mortals really need Ti or we just do not stand a chance :lol:

Barlutti
11-19-2012, 23:08
i had one break also. must have got too much thigh on the UQ not the hammock. Have to agree with Shug on the strength of plastic. still, they worked great until I broke one... too clumsy these days

Womble
12-07-2012, 06:35
Probably better a broken quilt hanger then a torn quilt. Surely cheaper to repair and good to know to have a couple to replace at home.