PDA

View Full Version : Molly Mac canoe pack

Jerven
10-27-2012, 15:22
Anyone have a Molly Mac canoe pack that they can give some reviews on? Thanks

Rat
10-27-2012, 18:19
I don't have the newest version; but I do have an original spec 15L pouch/pack. MacEntyre builds rock solid gear and has a 30 day money back guarantee. If it is even close to what you need, it will work.

I hear banjos
10-27-2012, 20:48
Don't have info on the Molly canoe pack...but there is a Canadian made pack that is very well made as a canoe pack with a great suspension system... I am new to hanging but have been paddling for 40 years and have had several top quality canoe packs.

here is the link...

http://ostromoutdoors.com/paddle-sports-canoe-packs-c-22_27.html

Jerven
10-27-2012, 21:17
How does the pack ride on your back? I'm looking at these packs for overnight or 2 day quick hunting/hanging trips.

I hear banjos
10-28-2012, 14:37
If you are talking about the Ostrom canoe pack..they are great, solid construction, good hip belt, well balanced, adjustable, fit nice into a canoe... These packs are a choice of outfitters that supply rental gear for rough use.. Although expensive, worth every penny.

But as I am finding the conversion to becoming a hanger is not a cheap conversion.. but I am thinking it will be well worth a good night sleep..

hope that helps,

Rat
10-28-2012, 16:16
How does the pack ride on your back? I'm looking at these packs for overnight or 2 day quick hunting/hanging trips.

The Molly Mac Canoe pack is frameless so the ride is largely dependent on your packing abilities. However, using the Mac's hipbelt and shoulder straps will greatly improve both the load transfer and stability.

Infinitely adjustable using the PALS adjustment system for the hipbelt and shoulder straps.

Personally the 30L would be too big for me for an overnight/2 day pack. I would use the 15L pack and add pouches as needed. The 15L is just about perfect for a quick overnighter or bug out bag. Add a couple of 4L pouches to the pack and a couple to the hipbelt and it is ready for a two day hunting trip!

Of course, you could add the front panel as well... Anyway, you get the idea.

MacEntyre
10-28-2012, 18:40
Hey, folks!

The MMG Canoe Pack is as Rat describes, a 15 or 30 liter roll-top closure 200 denier nylon water resistant stuff sack, with the same PALS attached belt and shoulder straps as on the Molly Mac Pack, and general purpose PALS array on the sides. It's modular, and we call it a Canoe Pack because that's what it most resembles.

You can put Molly Pouches on either side, to add volume incrementally with 1L or 4L pouches. You can remove the belt and use it as a lumbar pack, with Molly Pouches attached, as we did this last weekend in Linville Gorge.

You can also attach your Canoe Pack as a Molly Pouch to your Molly Mac Pack!

- MacEntyre