PDA

View Full Version : buying DD tarp from store

darkhawk424
11-02-2012, 04:51
Hi guys,

I am interested in getting a 3x3 DD tarp, however I do not want to do an online purchase and since one of my friend is heading to London for his holidays I was thinking of asking him to help me get a tarp for me.

So any of you know which store can he go to to get a DD tarp in London?

thanks and appreciate the help.

johmar
11-02-2012, 05:47
DD is in Edinburg Scotland. It's a bit removed from London. I don't think they have a retail presence.
Really on line is fine - these guys have a good reputation from what i can see,
Look at their website http://www.ddhammocks.com/contact
They have a distributor in Australia as well-but send DD an email and see what they say.
I bought a underquilt from Arrowhead Equipment in the U.S. It was a seamless transaction and that seems the same for most or all of the cottage vendors on hammock forums from what I can see.

John

darkhawk424
11-02-2012, 09:35
Thanks for the reply.
Well cause i am not sure if they handle shipping to Singapore and also if they do the shipping cost might be very high... So since my friend heading over just though tat i can get some "free shipping" lol...

craige
11-02-2012, 09:59
I just bought a tarp and 60m of amsteel from dd hammocks a couple of weeks ago, I live just outside Edinburgh and they are based in Edinburgh and they are only online as far as I know, however they are very easy to talk to and quick with communication so you can ask about different options to pay and they should be very friendly and forthcoming with all the different options! :)

Passinthru
11-02-2012, 11:46
I am not absolutely sure, but I think that their website prices include shipping. So you will know exactly what your tarp would cost delivered.
When I ordered a hammock from them it was delivered to the states in 2-3 days.

craige
11-02-2012, 13:28
I am not absolutely sure, but I think that their website prices include shipping.

Yeah you're right, all their items are priced to include shipping on each item, so what you add to your basket is what you pay.

I have to say, the tarps aren't really lightweight but they are well made and seem pretty much bomproof! I will be looking to upgrade come the summer though as 2lbs + is heavy!

darkhawk424
11-03-2012, 21:36
hey thanks for the reply!

I saw the site however they never include Singapore in the list of countries... lol
So that is why I am not sure if they got send it over... lol

HURTHEART
11-03-2012, 23:45
You are correct to be concerned about having it shipped to Singapore. You might be getting into some sort of Trade Agreement. I would call and ask for details about having it shipped to your country. It is some times tricky buying bettween countries. So man legalities to consider.

K0m4
11-04-2012, 06:15
Since your friend is willing to bring it from a store, perhaps he would also be willing to have it shipped to his address in the UK? Even easier for him, if you order it delivered to his doorstep.

darkhawk424
11-05-2012, 03:14
Since your friend is willing to bring it from a store, perhaps he would also be willing to have it shipped to his address in the UK? Even easier for him, if you order it delivered to his doorstep.

well i was thinking of it but then he would be staying at a hotel... so the big qn comes do they send it to the hotel... lol

Anyone knows any shop in Australia cause i have another friend going to Australia for a week also... lol

johmar
11-05-2012, 04:17
The Australian distributor is AMTC. Look at the DD website and it will link you to his details.
Oh, here it is
http://www.amtcgear.com.au

K0m4
11-05-2012, 09:55
well i was thinking of it but then he would be staying at a hotel... so the big qn comes do they send it to the hotel... lol

I had that done in the states once. No problem at all, just made sure to order it so that it was delivered a couple of days before I got there.

Edit: I checked with the hotel first though, to make sure they had no problem with having a parcel lying around for a few days..

Jmuzz
11-06-2012, 08:24
They say they will ship to many other countries, and I cant see any Singapore or nearby distributor so just email DD directly and ask for the price (should have the VAT tax taken off) with shipping.
Check your local rules to see if you will need to pay any import taxes.

You would still need to post it to a hotel if buying in Australia. Unless your friend is already planning to go to the beaches near the NSW-QLD border.
Shipping to Singapore from Australia would be around AU$30.

When buying stuff from the UK I have found their shipping rates are much better than the AU>UK rates, so would try the UK store first.
Just email and ask, will have your answer the next day.

darkhawk424
11-06-2012, 23:25
They say they will ship to many other countries, and I cant see any Singapore or nearby distributor so just email DD directly and ask for the price (should have the VAT tax taken off) with shipping.
Check your local rules to see if you will need to pay any import taxes.

You would still need to post it to a hotel if buying in Australia. Unless your friend is already planning to go to the beaches near the NSW-QLD border.
Shipping to Singapore from Australia would be around AU$30.

When buying stuff from the UK I have found their shipping rates are much better than the AU>UK rates, so would try the UK store first.
Just email and ask, will have your answer the next day.

Hey guys thanks for replying.

Well my friend is in Adelaide Now and from what i see is like the opposite lol. maybe I will do that thanks. :)