PDA

View Full Version : New Sniper!

steveflinn
11-02-2012, 13:40
Ordered a whole new setup yesterday. Snipe, pillow, Oldman Winter, LST, plus a HG Burrow & Incubator. Couldn't be more excited!!

Everything's in black...already heard from Marty at WL who apologizes for not having black whoopsies... a couple of orange threads looks good on a Giants fan's rig, anyhow.

Maybe there's a black sock out there somewhere that will fit the 11' hammocks...? I like the design of the MMG SEEPsock.

The discussions on this site had everything to do with the decision. Plus I feel like Shug's armada was a bit intimidating. So now, with two HH's and an ENO and the WL and a squadron Mexican beach hammocks, I have something approaching force parity.

Next year maybe a bridge with a downmat inside for when going to ground is expedient. And I want a WBBB too. Please forward schedules for H.A. Meetings!

Stay tuned for updates.

dragon360
11-02-2012, 13:51
Wow - absolutely fantastic set up! Congrats on all that great gear!

Sidewinder
11-02-2012, 16:46
I think you will like the Snipe. Still my favorite hammock. Take some pictures of your set up when you get it

S

stalker42
11-02-2012, 17:56
Gratz on the new gear. I hope you love it.

rip waverly
11-02-2012, 23:00
i heard through the "zing-it vine" that WL is prepped to release a sock,,, soon

flatline
11-04-2012, 09:28
i heard through the "zing-it vine" that WL is prepped to release a sock,,, soon

it's going to be awesome!

ricecg
11-05-2012, 08:11
Snipes are addicting. Come to think about all of the WL line is addicting

steveflinn
11-05-2012, 13:10
Thanks all!

WL just notified me that USPS has the package as of this morning. No word on the HG stuff...oh WHY can't it all already be here! Heh.

Bigbaby
11-05-2012, 14:38
Snipes are addicting. Come to think about all of the WL line is addicting

I agree. I can't keep off their website and from pressing the order button.

Home Run
11-05-2012, 15:04
You'll be a happy camper, Steve. I love my Snipe. Spent the whole weekend in it, sandwiched on both sides by some HG loft. And to think....the best hangin' of the year still awaits us!

Have fun,

Home Run

Shug
11-05-2012, 17:27
Slept 10 hours a night in my Snipe recently. Contentment abides.....
Shug

steveflinn
11-08-2012, 17:12
The whole setup arrived yesterday 3:04pm PST (that's dinnertime for most of you). Setup took all of 10 minutes, from tearing the box apart to finding the perfect lie.

It didn't come with any guylines, etc for the tarp, so that 10 minutes includes unravelling some of my sweater enough to get that to hang up there, too.

I slept from then until 7AM PST (that's morning recess time for some of you). When I awoke I found myself in the same spot, having not moved an inch (which is 2.54 centimeters for some of you)! Slept on my BACK, which to my memory I have NEVER been able to do. Never had a more comfortable rest in my life (within the continental US - you sailors will understand).

I think I'll just toss my bed out into the street tonight.

THANK YOU MARTY!

Sidewinder
11-08-2012, 20:36
The whole setup arrived yesterday 3:04pm PST (that's dinnertime for most of you). Setup took all of 10 minutes, from tearing the box apart to finding the perfect lie.

It didn't come with any guylines, etc for the tarp, so that 10 minutes includes unravelling some of my sweater enough to get that to hang up there, too.

I slept from then until 7AM PST (that's morning recess time for some of you). When I awoke I found myself in the same spot, having not moved an inch (which is 2.54 centimeters for some of you)! Slept on my BACK, which to my memory I have NEVER been able to do. Never had a more comfortable rest in my life (within the continental US - you sailors will understand).

I think I'll just toss my bed out into the street tonight.

THANK YOU MARTY!

Sweet! Glad you enjoyed your new Snipe. What part of the City are you from? I work downtown.

S

steveflinn
11-10-2012, 15:44
Parkside. But I can be found almost anywhere.

steveflinn
11-14-2012, 14:19
Thx all!

HG Incubator and Burrow arrived last night. Of COURSE, I hung it up in the garage, which my cheapo REI thermometer says got down to 47F.

I considered not using the TQ at all at first...because when I laid down with the Incubator it actually felt like someone had turned on a heater under me. I used it anyway. TOASTY.

I got the burrow in Short & Wide. I'm 5'5" or thereabouts, and the short fits right over my head. No crowding in the legs, no compressing any loft, and didn't actually need a head covering. I got the wide thinking it would keep me covered even if I toss and turn a lot - and in case for some reason I ever go to ground again.

It worked great.

Great.

I am indeed a happy camper.

steveflinn
11-14-2012, 14:25
It took 4.5 business days from ordering to delivery for the WL gear
And it took 7.5 business days for the HG.

Both came via USPS and my detailed delivery instructions were followed to a tee.

That's one-business-day service from WL, who had the product in stock.

And I got three-business-days service from HG, who custom-manufactured for me.

Bravo Zulu!

Sidewinder
11-14-2012, 20:29
It took 4.5 business days from ordering to delivery for the WL gear
And it took 7.5 business days for the HG.

Both came via USPS and my detailed delivery instructions were followed to a tee.

That's one-business-day service from WL, who had the product in stock.

And I got three-business-days service from HG, who custom-manufactured for me.

Bravo Zulu!

Nice Steve. Get us some pics of this sweet setup.

S

steveflinn
11-15-2012, 20:39
I'm afraid I'm going to be sleeping for a couple more months, Side. Can't find a compelling enough reason to get out of this thing.

ricecg
11-22-2012, 16:51
I felt bad stuffing this jolly soul in a snipe and not stuffing a turkey.

steveflinn
01-09-2013, 14:28
Note the WL tarp pole upgrade. Spreads that baby out in a flash without having to mess with lines.

Spikemaulmaster
02-24-2013, 19:13
This is not helping my gear lust situation.....
lol