PDA

View Full Version : HH Scout Question

bigfoot2
11-25-2008, 13:15
The dimensions of the Scout are almost the same as the entry level Asym, so why the lower weight limit and height limit? Is it because of lighter materials? The only difference i can see is a slightly smaller width. Thanks!

BF:cool:

warbonnetguy
11-25-2008, 13:53
the scout has symmetric tie outs i believe. this alone will restrict height. as far as strength, that should be determined by the strength/type of fabric used.

Heber
11-25-2008, 14:03
That's correct. I own a scout as well as an ULBA. The scout is a symmetric hammock. The materials are not lighter in weight, it's quite a heavy hammock, but they may not be as strong. The rope seems to be the same stuff they use in the ULBA but perhaps the body of the hammock is less strong.

Another possibility of course is that the weight limit is phony. Perhaps they just want to encourage adults to buy the more expensive hammocks and reserve the cheaper product for scout-age boys. Not sure whether you should chalk that up to being generous to the boys or trying to extract as much as possible from the adults.

bigfoot2
11-25-2008, 19:52
Thanks, guys! The reason i am asking is that i am considering taking advantage of the sale Hennessy is having where you get the Scout free when you spend $100.00 or more (buy one, get one). Snakeskins are included. My son is just as big as i am (220 lbs, 6'1" tall) and i am just not sure if we would fit in the Scout. I might just keep saving for the Warbonnet :)

neo
11-25-2008, 21:41
Thanks, guys! The reason i am asking is that i am considering taking advantage of the sale Hennessy is having where you get the Scout free when you spend $100.00 or more (buy one, get one). Snakeskins are included. My son is just as big as i am (220 lbs, 6'1" tall) and i am just not sure if we would fit in the Scout. I might just keep saving for the Warbonnet :)

the scout is inferior,i dont recomend it for a large adult,they are made in china,the problem is the stitching will pull through the material where it is sewn on the bottom.they are ok for children a small adults.i hit the ground in one of these
failed stitching,plus the line broke in two places,be my guest get a free hammock.it will not be me on the ground this time lol:shades:neo

bigfoot2
11-26-2008, 07:06
i hit the ground in one of these
failed stitching,plus the line broke in two places,be my guest get a free hammock.it will not be me on the ground this time lol:shades:neo

Too bad that's not your Youtube video :) Thanks for the advice and the warning, though.

Just Jeff
11-30-2008, 07:32
I'm 5' 10" and I'm pretty comfortable in the BULA, but I don't think I would be comfortable at 6' 1". It's just not that roomy. YMMV...still better than sleeping on the ground!