PDA

View Full Version : Snipe or nightowl?

Walker1207
11-06-2012, 16:50
Just wondering if anyone, and i know shug has one, use a snipe or nightowl from wilderness logics?

How to do they perform with an underquilt?

Bigbaby
11-06-2012, 16:52
My night owl does great with my 20* hammock gear under quilts. They are both great hammocks. You might want to consider a longer tarp due to the length of the hammock. They are some kind of comfy though.

GnomePatrol
11-07-2012, 01:09
I have the lite owl and I love it. Very roomy and comfortable so I would have to recommend it. I bought the lite owl so I could try a sleeping pad but it's just a hassle to carry compared to a under quilt. That said having the option to use either is really nice. I use a partial under quilt so I got a pair of triangles thingies to help with the extra length of the lite owl compared to my old eno. All of the wilderness logics products are very high quality and they are pretty reasonable with special requests.

Sidewinder
11-07-2012, 01:23
Get the Snipe you will like it.

S

Perezrt
11-07-2012, 02:10
I rock the snipe and love it. It is big enough to sleep belly down if your into that. I do every now and then. I also team up with a camp stool and sit in it like a recliner. I like mine.

flatline
11-07-2012, 05:12
both, the Snipe and the NightOwl, are equally comfortable.
if weight is a concern then Snipe is lighter due to a single layer of 1.5.
if wt. is not an issue, the double layer NightOwl (my preference) is the way to go.
both offer a great night's sleep.

bear bag hanger
11-07-2012, 07:47
If you're backpacking, get the Snipe. Otherwise, they're all pretty much the same with the more expensive ones having slightly more weight capacity and maybe a tiny, tiny, bit more comfortable.

Shug
11-07-2012, 10:25
Just did a 4 night trip with Wander'nFool. Me in my Snipe...he in his Light Owl.
We both slept 10 hours a night in bliss.
You can see the videos in Trip Reports. We speak of them.
Shug