PDA

View Full Version : December Knobstone Hike

Jerry
11-07-2012, 13:51
I am going to be doing a portion of the Knobstone trail from Thursday 11/29 to 12/02. Starting out at either Leota or or New CHapel and working my way north to Spergeon Hollow.total miles is about 25, this will be a nice SLOW enjoyable hike, if I get 8 miles a day Hey thats cool, if it's 14 miles a day, well thats ok too. Anyone care to join me, shoot me a message on here or a PM.

Jerry

BreckDown
11-07-2012, 14:56
A buddy and I were considering the same style hike on the KT that same weekend. We know nothing about the KT, like the best parts to hike or camp. We may be interested in joining up with you. What trail head were you planning on departing from?

Jerry
11-08-2012, 09:46
I'm thinking the leota trail head, or new chapel

Jerry
11-19-2012, 15:07
It's set in Stone,

I am leaving Thursday Evening ( thanksgiving day ) getting dropped off at the Leota Trail head, and heading north.....gonna take my time and get to spergeon Holler ( hollow ) sometime Saturday / Sunday...

Jerry

SaabZombee
11-19-2012, 21:42
Wish I could join ya, buddy. Sadly, I'll be swamped with prepping for grad school finals all weekend. I'll be looking forward to the trip report. In particular, let us know how the water situation looks on the trail.