PDA

View Full Version : New clark!

tomsawyer222
12-02-2008, 19:04
i cant believe no one has jumped on this yet Clark has released its brand new Hammock! The vertex looks pretty good to me I have to try it

angrysparrow
12-02-2008, 19:26
I'm looking forward to seeing some reviews of it. The price is breathtaking, but in consideration that it's for 2 people is mitigated. Same with the weight.

NCPatrick
12-02-2008, 19:29
Any links to it? I'm curious... nevermind. Here's the link (http://www.junglehammock.com/models/vertex/index.php).

I just checked it out. Price is pretty high. I am surprised they are allowed to call something a WeatherShield (http://www.junglehammock.com/features_unique.php#weathershield). I thought the Jacks patented that name. (?) It's basically a hammock sock, right?

angrysparrow
12-02-2008, 19:44
It's basically a hammock sock, right?

I think the one on the Clarks is just a zip-on cover for the top.

tomsawyer222
12-02-2008, 20:18
Well Clark has been using a wweather shield since around 1998 when they made there first hammock Jacks have only been around since 2002-2004 i think so maybe the jacks are not allowed to use it but then again real hammock developers would not be that petty with each other

Grillmastertoo
12-02-2008, 20:52
wow---another thing to decide on---i am sure it is good to options, but just when i thought i had decided on the NX-200, i learn of the vertex...im 6'0 and 245 and was thinking the larger the hammock, the better sleep i would have..im new to sleeping in a hammock but was ready to pull the trigger on the nx....Does anyone have some insight or advice for me---can the vertex be used as single sleeping hammock any better than the nx?
Help---hung on decisions...

turk
12-02-2008, 21:02
man that looks sweet. Must...... resist ..... urge ...

someone ... buy one. post pics. lots of pics.

tell me its terrible .... hand ... reaching for .... credit card...
will power ... fading.

Mustardman
12-02-2008, 21:08
Looks to me like you'd need three trees to hang it - seems it'd be a lot easier to carry two hammocks and have the freedom to pitch them separately if needed

NCPatrick
12-02-2008, 21:25
but then again real hammock developers would not be that petty with each other
Oh. Ok. I'm glad that's settled.

slowhike
12-02-2008, 21:38
Looks like it may use a curved pole as a spreader bar for the head end, & a lighter hoop above the head.
Is that what y'all see?

cavediver2
12-02-2008, 22:02
Looks like it may use a curved pole as a spreader bar for the head end, & a lighter hoop above the head.
Is that what y'all see?

I can't wait to here the reviews. and see some of the pictures. I dont want the girlfriend to see this other wise I will have to sell the 2 I have and just get one.........

headchange4u
12-02-2008, 23:44
It took me a minute to notice it was a two person hammock. Looks sweet.:drool:

How long before we see a DIY version with instructions....:woot:

miisterwright
12-03-2008, 03:38
It does look sweet....five hundred and change sweet......NO..
Yeah I think I read that it hangs from three supports (trees) and it definitely read about the poles. It really isn't that revolutionary... it's the way my wife and I hang side by side, as do others. only there is connecting fabric between the hammocks and a single net. I'd really like to see a way to join two hammocks rather than a separate one for two. Kind of how you can join sleeping bags by zipping them together. Don't get me wrong.. I'm thrilled that someone has finally made a two person hammock. I hope others follow suite. I'd probably buy a Vertex if it wasn't $500+ dollars and nearly 5 lbs without tarp. (am I wrong.. is the tarp included in weight?)

Would it be difficult, easy, or nearly impossible to make a way join two hammocks together by adding a piece between them that would zip the nets together and the bodies together. It'd be wedge shaped to fill the space between a 3 support setup and as the hammock head ends cam closer together it could sag between them. You'd probably want entrances on both sides of the hammocks.

What do you think?

miisterwright
12-03-2008, 03:43
so I'm already seeing problems with my idea. But maybe it'll still spark I brilliant idea for one of you hammock gurus. I'm thinking bridge hammocks would be easiest to work with as a diagonal lay complicates things by curving the sides more.

miisterwright
12-03-2008, 04:00
The more I look at the Vertex I more I come to like it.. but, that $539 price tag will keep me safe.:boggle: and I WAS WRONG before the tarp is include in the weight.

2Trees
12-03-2008, 14:37

will power ... fading.

That's frickin' hillarious!:laugh: I hear ya, dude!

moski
12-03-2008, 15:12

will power ... fading.

Haha, that was real funny !
I use to be a Clark guy before my WBB and i have no problem at all resisting.
Use The Force, Turk.

GrizzlyAdams
12-03-2008, 15:16
so I'm already seeing problems with my idea. But maybe it'll still spark I brilliant idea for one of you hammock gurus. I'm thinking bridge hammocks would be easiest to work with as a diagonal lay complicates things by curving the sides more.

yeah. LostCause is on the job.

I'm thinking about it. Would be the only way to get Mrs. Grizz into a hammock.

Mr. Grizz

Cannibal
12-03-2008, 15:26
Looks really cool, but short. The total "hammock bed" length is 105". That's only 3" longer than my ridgelines. I would think that means no sag in the hammock. I don't have any experience with the Clark stuff yet, are all of their hammocks on the shorter side?

I'd consider this for Genuine Draft and myself, but I don't think I'd fit very well at 6'. I hope it's a success and they make a longer one in the future.

headchange4u
12-03-2008, 18:36
I'd consider this for Genuine Draft and myself, but I don't think I'd fit very well at 6'. I hope it's a success and they make a longer one in the future.

It seems you didn't examine the Clark Hammock Vertex Comfort Graph, huh? :p :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/headchange4u/comfortchart.jpg

According to their crack scientific analysis:rolleyes: it should be comfortable for persons up to ~6'8" - 6'9" and about 300 lbs.;):D

Cannibal
12-03-2008, 22:02
I've trained myself to stop looking at graphs, charts, and 'comfort guides'; they all seem to be marvelous liars. NO WAY do I buy that a 6'9" (:eek:) person would be comfortable in a hammock that length! Somebody on here tells me that and OK, I'll give the benefit of the doubt, but NO WAY I'm going to believe that chart.:unsure:

Animo
12-05-2008, 19:00
I just joined the forum 10 minutes ago and I hope to learn a lot from all of you.....I am one of Clarks consultants and biggest fans.
I just picked up the newest Clark model earlier this week and I slept in in last night (under the porch this time) with my son.
I will be hiking up Bells Canyon tomorrow am and hope to be putting this to a more real application test this weekend.
First impressions are GREAT and I have high expectations. It did take a little longer to set up, but not quite double the time so there is still economies of time for two persons. The middle storage area is just terrific and I loved the convenience. I played a game of cards with my "neighbor" for the first time in my hammock world and I think this concept will really change the way people percieve this type of shelter. Long gone are the days of feeling "solo" while only feet from the nearest camper.
TTFN
Animo

JPC
12-05-2008, 19:13
I am one of Clarks consultants

Can you expand on that?

Grillmastertoo
12-08-2008, 22:17
Do we have any reviews of the vertex? just curious what people think about the double hanger......

angrysparrow
12-08-2008, 22:21
Do we have any reviews of the vertex? just curious what people think about the double hanger......

No actual review info has been posted yet. I'm curious about it as well, so let's hope someone chimes in soon to let us know they bit the bullet and ordered one!

Cannibal
12-08-2008, 22:23
Myself and Genuine Draft would happily offer our services for testing. Well, GD would, I'm awfully happy in my solo Warbonnet, but we all make sacrifices, don't we. :D

Malone LaVey
12-30-2008, 01:54

None that I can find using google. I will be posting a review of the Vertex in the next few months as I am going to bite the bullet and get one for the lady and I.

Stay tuned!

cavediver2
03-26-2009, 10:50
Well it seems that there had not been anyone on this thread in a while. And it looks like I am/was the only one that has posted anything about the vertex. I am surpised that the one who claimed to be a Clark Representative never posted any thing else about it.

Cannibal
03-26-2009, 10:58
I am surpised that the one who claimed to be a Clark Representative never posted any thing else about it.
I'm a little disappointed about that one too. I was hoping for some more insights from Amino. Alas, looks like Amino got bored, took his/her toys and went home. :(

gRaFFiX
03-28-2009, 16:34
Haha Clark's Biggest Fan my ***!!!:lol: