PDA

View Full Version : Sale sale sale

WildernessLogics
11-15-2012, 19:39
ANOTHER YEAR HAS ROLLED AROUND AND WERE GETTING READY TO THROW THE PRICES DOWN. STARTING LATE THURSDAY NOV 22nd TILL MONDAY THE 26th, WL IS HAVING THERE THANKSGIVING SALE. LOG ON AND CHECK US OUT...
I WANT TO THANK EVERYBODY THAT HAS SUPPORTED US THROUGH OUT THE YEAR
MARTY & TEAM @ WILDERNESS LOGICS

flatline
11-15-2012, 19:49
it's gonna be MONSTER!

dragon360
11-15-2012, 19:58
Looking forward to this one Marty!!

kruski
11-15-2012, 21:10
Sweet, as a happy and overly warm King Size TQ owner I am ready for something else from WL.

YeahIdIDThat
11-16-2012, 06:59
Lets get this sale going.. I want start my wl set!:boggle:

revbknox
11-16-2012, 07:20
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Just a wee bit excited:D

dirtwheels
11-16-2012, 07:32
I'm thinking I need to schedule sales calls in the area! SOOO PLEASED with my SSUQ, slept in it last night, 31* (did supplement with a space blanket) toasty warm!! Now which top quilt??? Or do I need 2?

11-16-2012, 22:08
i need the SSQ set....cant wait to see the deal

YeahIdIDThat
11-18-2012, 07:51
At the WL website.. Theres a section called the 4day sale page..
And in that section theres the xxl top quilt..but the price is the normal price..
Will this price change when the sale begins? Or is it on "sale" at the nirmal price?

YeahIdIDThat
11-19-2012, 09:49
Or rather is that price .. The sales price?:shades:

Paulie
11-19-2012, 10:11
Most likely he's just gone ahead and set up the sales page...I image the prices will change for the actual sale as those prices are the regular prices...I'd check the page again later in the week...

WildernessLogics
11-19-2012, 17:30
the prices will change late thursday nite

revbknox
11-19-2012, 18:38
the prices will change late thursday nite

What, you mean we have to wait til Thursday, no fair:D Must...... not........ use .............credit............... card:eek:

ojdash
11-23-2012, 01:35
king size top quilt with 1 oz of down ordered, great sale! Almost bought an oldman winter as well but I have too many tarps already

Black Wolf
11-23-2012, 01:51
Sleeping in a Snipe tonight !!

Trees4Me
11-23-2012, 10:11
I don't usually get hyped up for Black Friday. But I did with this sale! Just ordered a Snipe with the Free pillow upgraded to down for $5. For a grand total of $100 with free shipping! Steal! Thanks WL!:thumbup:

Sappy
11-23-2012, 22:12
Finally got myself a hex tarp. Got the Tadpole with FREE Snakeskins for $5 less than regular price of the tarp alone... + Free Shipping :lol::lol::lol:

Thank you Wilderness Logics for furthering my ever-growing hammocking obsession! I think I have enough full setups now for my whole family to hang now :scared:

Not that it's a bad thing...

-Sap

JaxHiker
11-23-2012, 23:18
I'm trying very hard not to buy the Lite Owl.

kk4df
11-24-2012, 10:58
I'm trying very hard not to buy the Lite Owl.

Why try so hard?

Home Run
11-24-2012, 11:14
Give it up Jax....drink the Kool-aid!

Trees4Me
11-24-2012, 13:59
I just ordered a Tadpole also! I CAN'T STOP!

JaxHiker
11-24-2012, 14:02
Blasted peer pressure.

Maybe the elves will work overtime and I'll have my new Lite Owl for next week's hang. :)

Trees4Me
11-24-2012, 14:06
Blasted peer pressure.

Maybe the elves will work overtime and I'll have my new Lite Owl for next week's hang. :)

You won't even miss the $$ once your laying completely flat in your new Lite Owl looking up at the sky above.

wiel
11-24-2012, 14:10
yippie, a Tadpole and 3/4 UQ on order!

Panic
11-26-2012, 14:18
yippie, a Tadpole and 3/4 UQ on order!

Same here, along with some stakes and a few S-biners. Let the wating begin :)

GroundHog
11-26-2012, 16:57
I went by there today..Marty was busy making gear...He had several orders boxed up and ready to be shipped. Oh yea, I ordered a top quilt while I was there, couldn't pass up the sale price...

JaxHiker
11-26-2012, 17:52
My order is supposed to ship tomorrow. I'm hopeful I'll have it for the weekend.

Mountain Gout
11-26-2012, 21:47
Yep...... Ordered a tadpole this evening.. My pack feels lighter already!!........:shades:......Life is good....

JaxHiker
11-27-2012, 12:02
Houston, we have liftoff! The shipping notice has arrived!

Loki
11-27-2012, 12:12
YEA! It just shipped! My shipping notice has arrived!

JaxHiker
11-27-2012, 14:21
F5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5

:D

Panic
11-28-2012, 11:30
Just recieved my shipping notice. Whoohooo! Should have time to set everything and test before my B-Day hang next weekend at Lost Maples State Natural Area.

American dream
11-28-2012, 11:50
Marty is a great guy to do business with.

Mountain Gout
11-28-2012, 11:59
I must admit I was testing the customer service a little before I purchased..
I called him twice with questions and emailed a question as well..
Each time he passed with flying colors.. Very nice fella indeed!!

JaxHiker
11-28-2012, 16:18
Tomorrow can't come soon enough. I just hope the mailman comes early like he did today.

ETA: Mr. Mailman better not disappoint. My TATO package is showing it's in Jacksonville but not my WL package. :glare:

Snow-Ape
11-29-2012, 09:47
Missed this...

Mountain Gout
11-29-2012, 16:49
Your package has shipped!! Has a nice ring to it.....:shades:

catalyst
11-29-2012, 17:56
Big Daddy showed up today - thanks! I'm always impressed with how fast WL gets my orders out the door!

JaxHiker
11-29-2012, 18:12
http://images.idratherbehiking.com/gear/shelter/lite-owl/WL-LiteOwl-Toxaway.jpg

w00000000000000t!

I can't believe how light this thing felt! Unfortunately I tore the house apart and can't find my scale (didn't feel like 18 oz). I put it up anyway. I've had the Light Hiker up all week so it's now laying inside the Lite Owl to fill it out a little while taking pics. Behind it is my Toxaway tarp.

It took some fiddling to get the tarp right because of the odd angles the hammock and tarp are. I think I'm ok now, though.

I only hopped in it for a bit but oh my does it seem comfy and roomy!

Trees4Me
11-29-2012, 22:23
That a boy! Good move not passing up on such a good sale! Just got my gear today. Didn't have any time to hang today. Can't wait to set it up tomorrow and break it in! I wasn't sure about the Coyote brown color. But that's looks awesome! Pretty unique! Happy hangin' !

Panic
11-30-2012, 09:41
JaxHiker, that picture sure doesn''t help my waiting time go by any faster. Thanks alot, buddy...LOL

JaxHiker
11-30-2012, 11:44
Sorry. Since you're a fellow San Antonian (born and raised there) I'll be gentle then and not tell you about the satiny smooth feeling of the fabric. And I won't tell you how it swallows you up in comfy goodness. Or how the knotty sections hold your stuff just right. And I definitely won't tell you about the super flat lay or the cavernous spaciousness waiting to carry you off to a blissful state of serene hammockry.

What I will tell you that I absolutely HATE about about the Lite Owl is that Marty didn't give a single thought to making it a soundproof enclosure. What an incredible oversight! I mean seriously! How in the world was I supposed to sleep in the backyard last night? Some stupid dog was barking nonstop. That must've driven my dogs nuts because they started barking in the house. Thanks to Marty's lack of soundproofing I had to resort to ear plugs and they didn't help much. Oh yeah, and just when I thought it was done at 4 am the fire truck just had to blast two different siren sounds. So yeah, you'd think this would be a great hammock but I had to throw in the towel and go back inside. Soundproofing really would have made this the perfect hammock. C'mon Marty, what were you thinking???? This might be a deal breaker for me.

Panic
11-30-2012, 13:48
That's what you get for being so inconsiderate and posting that photo before I get my stuff. Karma is a "B" :tongueup:

Trees4Me
11-30-2012, 13:59
JaxHiker, that picture sure doesn''t help my waiting time go by any faster. Thanks alot, buddy...LOL

Sorry, not trying to drive you to madness. Just got my Tadpole and Snipe set up! I think its love at first ......Lay?!?!:eek: Here's a few pics of my stealthed out new set up.

Panic
11-30-2012, 14:14
I think its love at first ......Lay

That's what she said.....

Sorry, I couldn'thelp myself. :lol:

Panic
11-30-2012, 15:54
Question: What has two thumbs and a USPS package filled with hammock goodies?

Answer: THIS GUY! :thumbup:

Tadpole, tarp skins, 3/4 UQ, stakes, and S biners have arrived.

JaxHiker
11-30-2012, 16:18
That's what you get for being so inconsiderate and posting that photo before I get my stuff. Karma is a "B" :tongueup:

Did you say something? I couldn't hear you over my smiling.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/fotomonkey/LiteOwlGloatjpg.jpg

:eek:

Man, I just saw you got your stuff. Now it's not as fun. :D

Enjoy!

Mountain Gout
11-30-2012, 16:34
You guys are killin me.......:lol: Mine will be in tomorrow night ( Tadpole)...:cool:

Trees4Me
11-30-2012, 20:28
Your gonna love your tadpole! It's the perfect size. From what I was reading you may want to seal the Ridgeline. I heard it may leaks few drops in a down poor. So I just went ahead and sealed it right away.

wiel
11-30-2012, 20:55
Jeez, set up my new tadpole and WL 3/4UQ and will spend my first night ever in a hammock tonight!

Mountain Gout
11-30-2012, 20:58
Your gonna love your tadpole! It's the perfect size. From what I was reading you may want to seal the Ridgeline. I heard it may leaks few drops in a down poor. So I just went ahead and sealed it right away.

I set up my ridgeline above the tarp so I think I will be good to go..
As I understand it, the leaks form from the tarp being cocked to the wrong side angle due to the rl being under the tarp?..

Trees4Me
11-30-2012, 22:16
I just reread this thread.http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58356
I see what your saying about how the seam sits. I'm still gonna apply another seal. I just like to play it safe. Wet down equals unhappy camper. Happy Hangin!

JaxHiker
11-30-2012, 22:31
Jeez, set up my new tadpole and WL 3/4UQ and will spend my first night ever in a hammock tonight!

Let us know how it goes.

Panic
12-01-2012, 00:01
I too plan to hang the tadpole under the ridge line using prusiks. I won't be able to test until tomorrow or Sunday. Anyhow, please let us know how it goes.

Loki
12-01-2012, 07:44

So, How'd it go Wiel?
I setup my new snipe on the indoor stand and promptly fell asleep tryin it out :)
Comfy - and the 'lil pillow is sweet!

wiel
12-01-2012, 09:21
I wish I could report that I slept like a baby; however, sleep did not come to me in my hammock, so there was no "breakfast in me hammock" this am. It all started out fine taking a while to figure how to negotiate my mummy bag into the hammock; with that done, laying diagonally I was very warm and cozy.Just great night to be out, maybe 40 degree. My pootch soon hopped in and went straight to sleep adding additional warmth. Yet, I was not so cumfy. I'm a side-sleeper and also a back-sleeper, so I'm on the move a bit of the night trying to get that "just right". With each move I get various pressure points from the hammock; shoulders, knees etc. readjusting the rig with each move. Around 3 am I decided some sleep was better than none so I baled for my bed. Even with a rough night I'm convinced that a hammock is the way to go, and I need to re-tool my gear to make it work. I'll be shopping for a top quilt, as the mummy bag is just too confining. All in all it was a great learning experience.

Loki
12-01-2012, 09:26
I wish I could report that I slept like a baby; however, sleep did not come to me in my hammock, so there was no "breakfast in me hammock" this am. It all started out fine taking a while to figure how to negotiate my mummy bag into the hammock; with that done, laying diagonally I was very warm and cozy.Just great night to be out, maybe 40 degree. My pootch soon hopped in and went straight to sleep adding additional warmth. Yet, I was not so cumfy. I'm a side-sleeper and also a back-sleeper, so I'm on the move a bit of the night trying to get that "just right". With each move I get various pressure points from the hammock; shoulders, knees etc. readjusting the rig with each move. Around 3 am I decided some sleep was better than none so I baled for my bed. Even with a rough night I'm convinced that a hammock is the way to go, and I need to re-tool my gear to make it work. I'll be shopping for a top quilt, as the mummy bag is just to confining. All in all it was a great learning experience.

Welcome to the club Wiel!
Most i know do not make the entire first night (or few).
As Shug says, "hiking all day makes hammock sleep easier", or something like that.

For me, took three nights - adjusting and swapping gear- before sleeping through. Now, after a half-dozen group hangs, sleep like a baby.

On that point. Group hangs have been an invaluable resource for learning and for new friends. Hope you can attend one.

wiel
12-01-2012, 09:41
Loki, I sure hope your correct. Always hopeful, and enjoying the process.

JaxHiker
12-02-2012, 02:11
I need a net. Hanging in a cypress swamp and the skeeters aren't very friendly.

ETA: Here's where I was hanging this weekend.
http://images.idratherbehiking.com/gear/shelter/lite-owl/LO-OP-640.jpg

Loki
12-03-2012, 14:57
Whooooo Buddy! UQ is on its way...

It just shipped!:D

ojdash
12-03-2012, 15:59
I wish I could report that I slept like a baby; however, sleep did not come to me in my hammock, so there was no "breakfast in me hammock" this am. It all started out fine taking a while to figure how to negotiate my mummy bag into the hammock; with that done, laying diagonally I was very warm and cozy.Just great night to be out, maybe 40 degree. My pootch soon hopped in and went straight to sleep adding additional warmth. Yet, I was not so cumfy. I'm a side-sleeper and also a back-sleeper, so I'm on the move a bit of the night trying to get that "just right". With each move I get various pressure points from the hammock; shoulders, knees etc. readjusting the rig with each move. Around 3 am I decided some sleep was better than none so I baled for my bed. Even with a rough night I'm convinced that a hammock is the way to go, and I need to re-tool my gear to make it work. I'll be shopping for a top quilt, as the mummy bag is just too confining. All in all it was a great learning experience.

I had this issue as well, but it was very warm where I was during the day and I found sleeping without a bag much easier. even if I "moded" the sleeping bag and only zipped it up a little to make a foot box I was still uncomfortable. I also have trouble with a pad. I found that without my Jack Russell, I like a slightly deeper sag (so I can lay on my side on a more extreme diagonal) and with the little guy I actually like a little less sag and my foot end just slightly elevated. I actually got a King Size topquilt during Marty's sale so I can have a bit more side coverage when Petey is in the hammock with me

Edit: Just got my shipping notice for this (with 1 oz overfill), can't wait to rock it!

Mountain Gout
12-03-2012, 18:41
No...I wasn't in a hurry to set it up... At work......:laugh:

Panic
12-03-2012, 19:01
That's awesome, Mountain Gout.

JaxHiker
12-03-2012, 19:06
Never thought of using a coat rack for my tarp. :)

Mountain Gout
12-03-2012, 20:56
I had to leave , was pondering just setting off one sprinkler head to test it out.....:lol: What a sweet little- big tarp.. I got 12.6 oz. in the stuff sack with the skins.. When I first looked at the sack I was thinkin no way..
But naturally it fit nicely....Think I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this baby.. Thanks Marty!!

Caveman
12-14-2012, 20:24
C'mon top quilt! I'm ready to be warm and toasty :)