PDA

View Full Version : JRB suspension straps

wfuballer21
12-04-2008, 13:29
Does anyone have experience with these? forgive me if i overlooked something, but i couldnt find anything on these in the forums.

Cannibal
12-04-2008, 13:40
Are you asking about the hammock suspension or the UQ suspension?

I don't have any recent experience with their UQ suspension, but their hammock suspension is nice. It's poly (required for my taste) so it doesn't stretch, much. I didn't like the tri-glides, but that's just me.

wfuballer21
12-04-2008, 13:48
thanks, i was referring to the hammock suspension. what didn't you like about the tri-glides?

Cannibal
12-04-2008, 13:54
I just couldn't make them work correctly. I had a hard time getting the webbing to slide very well if I had to make an adjustment after weighing down the hammock. In part, I think it was due to a wide diameter tree that I was tied to. The angle of webbing coming into the tri-glides was fairly severe.

Pan and Smee both made it look effortless, but I couldn't get it down for whatever reason. If I remember right the edges were fairly sharp, which made it even more difficult to adjust the webbing. I think maybe under different conditions and a bit of practice on my part, they probably work fine. Like I said, Pan and Smee made it look wicked simple; there's gotta be a trick.

Take-a-knee
12-04-2008, 15:17
I just couldn't make them work correctly. I had a hard time getting the webbing to slide very well if I had to make an adjustment after weighing down the hammock. In part, I think it was due to a wide diameter tree that I was tied to. The angle of webbing coming into the tri-glides was fairly severe.

Pan and Smee both made it look effortless, but I couldn't get it down for whatever reason. If I remember right the edges were fairly sharp, which made it even more difficult to adjust the webbing. I think maybe under different conditions and a bit of practice on my part, they probably work fine. Like I said, Pan and Smee made it look wicked simple; there's gotta be a trick.

Maybe those corners inside the buckles need to be smoothed with emery cloth or a fine file so it doesn't bite so hard into the webbing.

Peter_pan
12-04-2008, 15:45

They work easiest when the strap is not under tension...

Pan