PDA

View Full Version : Mule just ordered his Blackbird

Mule
12-07-2008, 18:09
So much positive stuff on the forum and the video, and finally hearing from Grizz that he had one just pushed me over the edge. I will make a report here when I take er out for a spin. Mule

FanaticFringer
12-07-2008, 18:11
Looking forward to your report. Especially from a "bridge guy".
I'm considering getting one myself.

Mustardman
12-07-2008, 19:56
I think you'll enjoy it. My girlfriend liked my Warbonnet so much she had me order one for her. It'll be here any day now, and we're looking for an excuse to get outdoors and try some cold-weather hammocking.

Cannibal
12-07-2008, 20:00
Welcome to the club skskinner! It's getting bigger by the day.

Warbonnet ON!

NCPatrick
12-07-2008, 20:01
I sure envy you guys who still have a budget for more stuff. I'm effectively out of moolah until after the holidays. You enjoy it all for me though, OK? :)

Coldspring
12-07-2008, 20:03
Do you have to have a Blackbird to be in the club, or just a hammock made by the Warbonnet guy?

Cannibal
12-07-2008, 20:08
Nah, any ol Warbonnet will do! They all kick-***.

BillyBob58
12-07-2008, 22:13
So much positive stuff on the forum and the video, and finally hearing from Grizz that he had one just pushed me over the edge. I will make a report here when I take er out for a spin. Mule

Mine was just ordered also. Because if there is one thing I need, it is another hammock, and of course, also another means of staying warm in one. :scared:

I have absolutely got to get busy soon and sell some excess gear! Before I am locked up in the loony bin.

Maybe this blackbird will be the one to cause me to finally make up my mind and get rid of my other hammocks, or at least get it down to two, or 3.

Nest
12-07-2008, 22:55

Are you taking pre-orders for when you decide to sell it?:D

Dutch
12-08-2008, 08:28
I just ordered mine too. How does WBG have time to make all these hammocks? After all the hype, the expectations are pretty high. He said it will be about a week. Brandon, If you are reading this, STOP and get back to sewing. I need my blackbird.

stormcrow
12-08-2008, 10:07
Maybe that is why we havnt seen him on here in a while....Slave drivers!

:lol:

Adam

Cannibal
12-08-2008, 10:16
Maybe that is why we havnt seen him on here in a while....Slave drivers!

:lol:

Adam

Nah, he's on here all the time...picking up PMs with orders. :D

BillyBob58
12-08-2008, 12:37
I'm waiting to see what Santa (Brandon) has for me. I really have no clue, but I think it is going to be something nice. I have paid for it, whatever it is. That's the way I like to deal with Brandon Warbonnet. I just send him money in hopes he can find something nice for me, since I was so double triple dog pleased with the one product from him that I have, the CS short UQ.

Actually, back in November, I had been PM'ing him about a BB. Could not decide which one to get. He said the 1.7 would lie flatter than the 1.1, but maybe not as much as you might think because the 1.1 was parachute grade. But a double 1.1 would lie flatter than a single 1.7, but the flattest of all would be the double 1.7. Especially with my 205 lbs, as opposed to his significantly lighter weight. However, at that time, he had not tried a double 1.7, so he wasn't positive it would be noticeably flatter. But he seemed to think it might be noticeably so with the heavier folks.

So, a 24 z 1.1 double, or a 31 oz 1.7 double? Needless to say all other things equal I'd rather have the lighter 1.1. But if flatness would be noticeably improved, I'd suck it up on the extra 7 ozs. In the mean time, he was going to try and figure it out if the dif would be noticeable.

So, it turns out I PM'ed him to just send me whichever one he thought was best for me, and then I forgot about it. So yesterday I got a PayPal request for payment. I sent it, and we pm'ed back and forth. I'm still not positive what he is sending me ( just like with Santa)! So it will be a nice Christmas surprise.

But I think it is going to be a double 1.7, as he has made an adjustment to my PayPal payment.

But I just love surprises(pleasant one, anyway)!

animalcontrol
12-08-2008, 12:52
Nah, he's on here all the time...picking up PMs with orders. :D
you know that is true!
One request....only one mad, genius hammock maker can rise above per year please. I love supporting the new innovators, but I can only afford this $$ outlay every year (or two)!!

Cannibal
12-08-2008, 12:52
But I think it is going to be a double 1.7, as he has made an adjustment to my PayPal payment.

That's the first one I ordered because I wanted a Cadillac for short hikes and it does lay flat; really flat. You are going to love it, but you better have a large diameter stocking hanging from the mantel. :D

Cannibal
12-08-2008, 12:56
One request....only one mad, genius hammock maker can rise above per year please. I love supporting the new innovators, but I can only afford this $$ outlay every year (or two)!!

I feel ya!

I'm busy saving up for the Yetis (UQs) he's coming out with next :rolleyes:. I'm hopeful that all the business the BlackBird is drumming up is going to keep him too busy to have time to work on new designs. My back account needs a rest. :)

Mule
12-08-2008, 13:28
Man! You all are whetting my appetite here. I am really looking forward to getting a weekend in this thing. I bought the 1.07 double with adjustable webbing. Mule

Shug
12-08-2008, 13:34
Man! You all are whetting my appetite here. I am really looking forward to getting a weekend in this thing. I bought the 1.07 double with adjustable webbing. Mule

A dang fine choice. Your gonna love it.......

Mule
12-08-2008, 16:06
A dang fine choice. Your gonna love it.......
Shug, your video sold me. Thanks. Mule

neo
12-08-2008, 16:48

:lol:i will buy it if you dont like it lol;),i been thinking about buying one myself:cool:neo

Mule
12-08-2008, 17:00
This is one of my two really great hammocks. This one has the bugnet with zipper, the other has no bugnet and is made with 3/16 Spectra suspension. If the Blackbird performs like I think it will, I will be making it my number one hammock, because I am missing not having to deal with the spreader bars of a bridge. I love the flat lay of the bridge, but I miss the easy swing and tight smaller tarp of a gathered hammock, too. Mule

Mule
12-10-2008, 12:26
OK, Santa Claus just told me he had an order in for a new Super Fly from Warbonnet!!!!!!
He is the man. Mule

cavediver2
12-10-2008, 12:36
I'm waiting to see what Santa (Brandon) has for me. I really have no clue, but I think it is going to be something nice. I have paid for it, whatever it is. That's the way I like to deal with Brandon Warbonnet. I just send him money in hopes he can find something nice for me, since I was so double triple dog pleased with the one product from him that I have, the CS short UQ.

Actually, back in November, I had been PM'ing him about a BB. Could not decide which one to get. He said the 1.7 would lie flatter than the 1.1, but maybe not as much as you might think because the 1.1 was parachute grade. But a double 1.1 would lie flatter than a single 1.7, but the flattest of all would be the double 1.7. Especially with my 205 lbs, as opposed to his significantly lighter weight. However, at that time, he had not tried a double 1.7, so he wasn't positive it would be noticeably flatter. But he seemed to think it might be noticeably so with the heavier folks.

So, a 24 z 1.1 double, or a 31 oz 1.7 double? Needless to say all other things equal I'd rather have the lighter 1.1. But if flatness would be noticeably improved, I'd suck it up on the extra 7 ozs. In the mean time, he was going to try and figure it out if the dif would be noticeable.

So, it turns out I PM'ed him to just send me whichever one he thought was best for me, and then I forgot about it. So yesterday I got a PayPal request for payment. I sent it, and we pm'ed back and forth. I'm still not positive what he is sending me ( just like with Santa)! So it will be a nice Christmas surprise.

But I just love surprises(pleasant one, anyway)!

That is how I handled it just sent money and told him to make something he thought I needed for my height and weight with all the whisles and bells and I got just what I wanted. with all the great workmanship that he does I was not unhappy at all at what he picked.

animalcontrol
12-10-2008, 13:07
OK, Santa Claus just told me he had an order in for a new Super Fly from Warbonnet!!!!!!
He is the man. Mule

hmmm...I wanted to see a SuperFly.

You show me your Super Fly and I'll show you my winter Yeti :scared:

angrysparrow
12-10-2008, 13:16
hmmm...I wanted to see a SuperFly.

You show me your Super Fly and I'll show you my winter Yeti :scared:

Hey now...this is a family friendly board!! :laugh:

Splinter
12-10-2008, 21:01
Hey now...this is a family friendly board!! :laugh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are the parental controls in the User CP menu?

Mule
12-15-2008, 17:34
BLACKBIRD IS HERE and hanging in my garage. I think I'm in love. It's a fine hammock. My JRB quilts fit fine, and I really like the suspension system. I am fitting one of my Hammock Weather Covers to it now. Thanks Brandon for a fine piece of gear.
I also received my Super Fly, but I think the ground is so hard I may not get to set it up for a few days. I bet I find a way. Mule:boggle:

Cannibal
12-15-2008, 17:49
I also received my Super Fly, but I think the ground is so hard I may not get to set it up for a few days. I bet I find a way. Mule:boggle:

B.F.H.
First word is "big" (or "bigger" if second attempt), third is "hammer", you figure out the word in between. :)

Have fun with it! I thought I liked mine as much as one could and not receive therapy, but the more I sleep in it, the more and more I like it.

animalcontrol
12-15-2008, 19:44
BLACKBIRD IS HERE and hanging in my garage. I think I'm in love. It's a fine hammock. My JRB quilts fit fine, and I really like the suspension system. I am fitting one of my Hammock Weather Covers to it now. Thanks Brandon for a fine piece of gear.

we going out this weekend? (my yeti should be here before Fri):cool:

Splinter
12-15-2008, 20:17
Enjoy Mule! I got my BB and took it out this weekend. Best night I've spent in the woods asleep! Now I'm looking for any excuse to get back out this weekend. :D

NCPatrick
12-15-2008, 20:24
Congrats Mule! Keep us posted on the details, post pictures, blah blah blah...

you know, the usual. :D.

Mule
12-15-2008, 20:37
we going out this weekend? (my yeti should be here before Fri):cool:
Yes, see you Saturday. Anyone else want to join us? Mule

Mule
12-15-2008, 20:37
Congrats Mule! Keep us posted on the details, post pictures, blah blah blah...

you know, the usual. :D.
Yes, Pictures of my weather cover soon. Mule

animalcontrol
12-16-2008, 09:59
Yes, see you Saturday. Anyone else want to join us? Mule

Mule and I are forming the "Indiana Chapter of the Warbonnet Club"
Brandon - Do you have any stickers or patches we can put on our gear?:laugh:

fin
12-16-2008, 12:26
Mule and I are forming the "Indiana Chapter of the Warbonnet Club"
Brandon - Do you have any stickers or patches we can put on our gear?:laugh:

He doesn't have a logo yet, or at least one he's published! He probably has it in his head, but don't divert him from his task of making the most comfortable hammock available. :D

Cannibal
12-16-2008, 12:55
He doesn't have a logo yet, or at least one he's published! He probably has it in his head, but don't divert him from his task of making the most comfortable hammock available. :D

Yes he does, he just doesn't share it readily. I'm making a shirt for myself that will have my signature (that I flat out stole from WBG) "Warbonnet ON!" with his logo on the breast. I'll post the pics as soon as I get it done. I had to beg him for an old brochure from TD 07' that had the logo on it.

No doubt he'll get his site up and materials printed soon. Last I heard he's still looking for someone to do the mass production. Can't imagine it's easy to find a reliable vendor that does quality work and can still honestly put the "Made in U.S.A." patch on stuff. I think we (HF) surprised him with all the orders. The YouTubes are helping too. I overheard a conversation at the downtown Denver REI about two weeks ago I think, where one guy was telling another guy that he had heard of this new hammock, war-something. The folks here that know me know I can't keep my mouth shut, so hopefully HF has a couple of new members (who should feel free to chime in). I told WBG it served him right, if his stuff would suck just a little bit, maybe he wouldn't be so busy. :D

Coldspring
12-16-2008, 13:08
Count me in the club of logo wanters! Lack of one is my biggest complaint about the two WB items I have.

fin
12-16-2008, 13:22
Yes he does, he just doesn't share it readily. I'm making a shirt for myself that will have my signature (that I flat out stole from WBG) "Warbonnet ON!" with his logo on the breast. I'll post the pics as soon as I get it done. I had to beg him for an old brochure from TD 07' that had the logo on it.

No doubt he'll get his site up and materials printed soon. Last I heard he's still looking for someone to do the mass production. Can't imagine it's easy to find a reliable vendor that does quality work and can still honestly put the "Made in U.S.A." patch on stuff. I think we (HF) surprised him with all the orders. The YouTubes are helping too. I overheard a conversation at the downtown Denver REI about two weeks ago I think, where one guy was telling another guy that he had heard of this new hammock, war-something. The folks here that know me know I can't keep my mouth shut, so hopefully HF has a couple of new members (who should feel free to chime in). I told WBG it served him right, if his stuff would suck just a little bit, maybe he wouldn't be so busy. :D

I figured he just wasn't sharing!

Word of a great new product travels fast, especially when the product is reasonably priced and is so innovative, and captures the attention of a bunch of obsessed freaks in needs of hammock interventions like us. :lol: I'm just happy we all got in on the ground floor of the WB explosion, before manufacturing gets shipped off to Somalia or one of the 'stans.:laugh:

Cannibal
12-16-2008, 13:31
I think Just Jeff is the one with the biggest share of the ground floor. If I remember right, that greedy fella actually has BOTH of the original designs :); the ElDorado and it's little brother whose name I can't remember.

animalcontrol
12-16-2008, 14:24
I told WBG it served him right, if his stuff would suck just a little bit, maybe he wouldn't be so busy. :D
How is that for a marketing plan....:rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope WBG doesn't work himself out of having fun with his new business. As long as he is honest and upfront with order lead times, customers will either wait or go elsewhere (their loss)
I think Tinny at MiniBull Designs (alcohol stove maker) has a great philosophy. He figured out how many orders he can fill over a set period of time, and that is what he does (10 orders/day currently). He even said (and I love his honestly) that if sales continued to increase, he would raise the prices just to slow them down.
Own the business...don't let the business own YOU!