View Full Version : Clark Return policy

stormcrow
12-09-2008, 16:13
I thought this was interesting...

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43971

Adam

cavediver2
12-09-2008, 17:18
I have never had a moments problem out of the customer service with them in fact I have a buddy of mine who found out the hard way about sleep walking and hanging in a in closed hammock and completely and literally tore out the bug net with his feet trying to get out. He was having a bad dream and wanted out of what ever he was in in his dream and started kicking and before I could wake him up he had tore one side completely out not just the seams and stitching but the net itself was damaged and they repaired it for him for dang near nothing. I think that when you buy something you should be aware of return policy. I learned a lesson in that last week when buying something at BESTBUY and had to pay a restocking fee for something I returned. I was told to look at the back of my receipt and yep there it was so if I make a big purchase I will rethink it before I pay with credit card.

just my 2 cents worth.

JPC
12-11-2008, 08:50
Customer service did find by me. I did not return the hammock but they fixed my problem very quickly.

bigbamaguy
01-10-2009, 15:21
Hello to all:
I am new to this hammock camping world. I find it very interesting and thanks to a paddler/motorcycle buddy of mine I am very interested in this. I have been reading for several days now the threads and have been scouring the internet trying to find a hammock that will allow someone of my size (6' 1'', 290lbs, 27" across the shoulders) to get the most bang for my buck. I have looked at the largest Hennessy that they have and see there might be some problems with it, bottom entry!!! Next was the Crazy Crib LEX and found it for a reasonable price but I am still worried about the netting issue that I have seen in some gear reviews. All this led me to the Clark hammocks, so on a whim I gave them a call. I talked to people there, can't remember their names, and told them of my size/weight issues, plus the geographic area where I live and will be doing most of my hanging (hopefully, busy work schedule). They were very kind and understanding of my situation even making recommendations as to the model I should think about purchasing. I was hesitant to shell out close to $400 for a "trial", so they said if I would like that I could try out one of the hammocks, sans all of the netting and tarps, to see if it would be to my liking. I was very eager to try this and not at all upset with the requested $12 return postage charge for the hammock. I will say that not many companies today will go out of their way to make sure that new people are made to feel welcome! I can't wait to hang out!

cavediver2
01-10-2009, 15:29
The NX-200 will make a good one for you if you should go with the clark. and in your area there will be the time when you want the netting to keep the skito's away. All the new clark NA / NX's and maybe a few more now come with skito proof material now. which will be nice in the summer.

Good luck

6 feet over
01-10-2009, 20:05
I can't see where the original poster has any real complaint. They had time to return the item within the limits. The offer was made to still accept it back, and if they sell it, they won't take THAT much of a loss.

Their service is superior to that of most US companies. I haven't had any problems at all with mine.