PDA

View Full Version : Calling on the Hennessy Junkies

Cannibal
12-12-2008, 03:01
I've got a question: did the Hennessys jump in price? :confused:

I was just poking around the Hennessy site and got to looking at the prices. Granted, it's been a while since I looked at the site but it seems the prices have jumped a bit. I know materials have gotten more expensive so it kind of makes sense.

I'm just wondering, from the folks that surf the site on a regular basis, if that is actually the case? They are giving away a free Scout for every purchase over $100, so I guess my question is did the price go up to offset the freebie. Don't get me wrong, that's still a hell of a deal getting two for one :drool:; still works out to be very inexpensive (relatively speaking). Just curious to hear from the hardcore Hennessy folks.

BEAS
12-15-2008, 16:17
Not sure about the price but I ordered my undercover and got the Scott thrown in. I can stay warm in the winter and the boy gets his first hammock.

2 trees

Cannibal
12-15-2008, 16:21
Yeah, it really is a good deal to get a free hammock when you're buying something else anyway!

Your boy will be very happy I'm sure!

BumpJumper
12-16-2008, 21:03
Beas....I believe you mean you got the "scout" thrown in. I got the same deal.

adkpiper
12-16-2008, 22:12
Hennessy prices look the way I remember 'em. They're the same on my hammock (Explorer UL) as they were at the beginning of the summer.

tom_alan
12-16-2008, 23:30
Got my scout thrown in as well. Only problem is that my 13 year old is taller than I am. I may be the one sleeping in the scout when we hike together.

Dangit man. :scared::scared::scared:

Cannibal
12-17-2008, 09:54
Thanks for chiming in folks. It has been well over a year since I visited the Hennessy site, so I'm sure the prices adjusted long ago, if at all.

Hey tom_alan, gotta plan ahead with those kids. I was told a brick was going to be tied to the top of my head so I would stop growing. Kept me scared enough to stay short (6'). :laugh:

Disposable
12-21-2008, 01:22
I ordered a Super Shelter last month & was glad to get the free Scout, but I wondered who was going to use it as I have a fairly tall family. Well I got the package & it had an Expedition instead of a Scout. I called Hennessy & they said they'd briefly run out of Scouts & had sent that instead. Talk about good service: I only had to think about a problem & they took care of it. They also threw in the accessory pads.

snstl1
12-21-2008, 18:45
I was fortunate enough to get the expedition as well. I felt bad and called them to make sure it wasn't a mistake. Now, instead of just my kid I have one to share with friends!

tom_alan
12-22-2008, 02:27
I ordered a Super Shelter last month & was glad to get the free Scout, but I wondered who was going to use it as I have a fairly tall family. Well I got the package & it had an Expedition instead of a Scout. I called Hennessy & they said they'd briefly run out of Scouts & had sent that instead. Talk about good service: I only had to think about a problem & they took care of it. They also threw in the accessory pads.

Dang-it man! The cat is out of the bag now! My son is about 6 feet tall and I have the same problem. I WANT MY FREE EXPIDITION AS WELL! Wonder if they will give it to me? Don't Think So!

Red Hat
12-25-2008, 16:51
I was just playing around on Ebay and there are sure a bunch of HH Expeditions for sale now. I suspect a lot of people got the second one and decided to let it pay for the first one. Only a couple of BULAs though.