PDA

View Full Version : Help me find an alternative to internal ridgeline...

miisterwright
12-28-2008, 19:14
My wife has started hanging with me. :D and with that blessing comes new challenges. My goal is to be able to hang two hammocks under one large tarp. Hanging the hammocks is no problem, we've done that several times now. The problem will be supporting the bug netting without using the ridgelines that I had under our overlapped tarps.

I added an internal, structural ridgeline to her Grand Trunk (formerly Travel Hammock) SB Ultralight, but my Claytor JH doesn't use as much sag since you lay pretty much in-line rather than diagonally. So an internal ridgeline seems to be a no go for the Claytor.

I know I could run a separate line or use the stock elastic lines, but I'm determined to find a better way. I like having only two attachment points on the tree, excluding the tarp. Any ideas on either, how to add an internal ridgeline, or an alternative???

stretch
01-12-2009, 09:40
I use a structural ridge line running on the outside. The cord passes through the center loops on either end of the bug net. Works well with or without spreader bars.

smithobx
01-12-2009, 12:13
Add a tie out point (loop) on the underside of your tarp and clip the elastic cord to the underside of the tarp on each end. Tom puts these loops on some of his tarps.