PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota - Early January Backpacking Trip?

Refreshing
12-30-2012, 12:57
If only the Frozen Butt Hang took place one week earlier! I start my last semester of school on January 14th and will be spending 99% of my free time prior to it hammocking and rock/tree climbing. I really want to go on a trip far north on the Superior Hiking Trail or on a hard section of the Ice Age Trail. I will be searching for sections that have huge cliffs and beautiful overlooks so hopefully the hiking will be challenging!

I have not picked any dates yet and am unsure how it will mesh with my schedule but I would like to know if any of you fellow hammockers are interested?

:mellow:Refreshing:woot:

Shug
12-31-2012, 11:13
Should'a joined us at the MN FBH site. Stairguy, Fronkey and myself went Friday to Sunday. Plenty of trees you could have scaled.
Shug

Refreshing
12-31-2012, 11:37
Darn! Well I just want to go hammocking and leave the climbing gear behind. I need to get far away from civilization for a little while, sit around the fire, and enjoy the winter scenery.

Shug
12-31-2012, 11:43
Darn! Well I just want to go hammocking and leave the climbing gear behind. I need to get far away from civilization for a little while, sit around the fire, and enjoy the winter scenery.

The woods up there were like a Christmas card. Conifer forest with snow abundant in boughs.....
We enjoyed a fire and some good silence.

Fronkey
12-31-2012, 11:47
Yeah, it really was an amazing section of woods and an easy hike in. I was bummed I had to go back home. You will love it out there.

Fronkey