PDA

View Full Version : Praises of Wilderness Logic's down

MAD777
01-03-2013, 08:36
I'm in the middle of stuffing a quilt and I am so impressed with Wilderness Logic's down that I had to stop and post this!

1. This will sound like no big deal but it is significant. The plastic bags that the down is packed in has no static electricity. Unlike all other sources that I've used where a layer if down is still clinging to the inside of the bag when "empty." Getting that last bit out is where the feathers start flying! I could eat out of this bag after just a shake!

2. I have used 800 and 900 fill power down in the past and there is a noticeable difference when working with it. This is my first use of WL's 850 fill power and I can't tell the difference between this and the 900 stuff I used in the past! Primo quality.

3. Service. I emailed Marty with a question before ordering and received a reply within a couple of hours. This shipment arrived in 3 days in the middle of Christmas week!

When someone delivers outstanding product and service it should be noted. Consider this duly noted!
Thanks Marty!

chickenwing
01-03-2013, 09:03
I couldn't agree more with the content of this post. I have used the down from WL and will definitely be using it again on my next project. The only thing to do now is...

SAVE UP! so I can make the 16oz order.

dragon360
01-03-2013, 09:45
Dealing with Marty is fantastic! I have some down for a friend's project and now really looking forward to what I thought would be a huge mess!

breyman
01-03-2013, 10:18
+1 on Wilderness Logics and their down. I ordered some the week before Christmas and they got it out the next morning so that it could arrive before the holidays. I also really like the static free, pre-measured 1-ounce bags. Very nice stuff.

Caveman
01-03-2013, 10:42
Nothing but good things to say about the guys at WL. Love their products....and the fact that the customer service is awesome is just a plus! :)

ninjahamockman
01-03-2013, 20:17
That is the only place I would purchase down from if I decided to pool the pennies into an underquillt or top quilt. Fronkey has an awesome way of stuffing down. I think it is him.

FLRider
01-03-2013, 23:27
Well, (as MedicineMan would say), you've managed to Roche me into it. I've been going back and forth between Thru-Hiker and WL for down, and your experience with WL has decided me, MAD777!

I trust your down expertise, and I went ahead to make the order containing all of the down for the second layers of my DIY modular insulation system today. Let's hope all goes well!

Thanks for your wonderful review.