PDA

View Full Version : Going above and beyond!

OldRagFreeze
01-03-2013, 11:03
I recently tore a couple small holes in my brand new parachute double from GT, so I emailed them for any kind of advice or help they could offer... Just got an email back saying they will send me a free single! I think I'm gonna still try to repair the double with Tear-Aid, as I've heard this should be fine for small holes... But I am so surprised that they were so happy to offer me something that they really had no obligation to. I was completely honest and explained that it was my negligence that damaged the hammock, and yet they still offered a replacement.

I have a (very short) mental list of companies that have helped me out like that (Kelty being another one on there) and I never forget it. I will be singing their praises for a long time now! :D

Just wanted to add this here for anyone considering a purchase, I'd say you can't go wrong with GT!

dragon360
01-03-2013, 21:00
Still liked to rock my GT UL every once in awhile. Great to hear that they took care of you!

OldRagFreeze
01-04-2013, 09:40
Still liked to rock my GT UL every once in awhile. Great to hear that they took care of you!

I used a UL for a year and loved it. It was just a bit too short and narrow to get a good diagonal lay. I'm curious to try out the single... It seems to be the same length as the double, and only 1.5' shorter in width. Who knows I may be just fine with that and appreciate the weight savings. :)

Redpath
01-04-2013, 09:57
Good to know, thanks! My GT skeeter beeter is holding up well.

OldRagFreeze
01-07-2013, 15:34
Already got the single they sent... Did I mention these guys are awesome?

Disco
01-07-2013, 15:58
I poked a small hole and made a small snag in my GT UL somehow, and used Tear-Aid to repair it. It worked great and has been holding up through several uses now.

Backpackhaven
01-18-2013, 09:59
Glad to hear that GT helped you out. Just recently looked at their hammocks to see which ones I would like. I was wondering if anyone has tried their Air Bivy Extreme Shelter? http://backpackhavenblog.com/2013/01/07/hammock-camping/