PDA

View Full Version : Uwharrie This weekend?

millergear
01-10-2013, 13:10
Anyone planning a Uwharrie trip this weekend?

I've been stood up so I'm going solo. Will start from the Southern end (parking at the lot off Rt 24/27) late Friday afternoon. Would make Mommam Millergear more at ease if I had some company.

Will probably only do the lower loop, about 10 miles this trip. Taking lot's of time playing with 2 new stoves, frying, grilling and baking.

flatline
01-10-2013, 13:32
MG, if i wasn't recuperating from back surgery, 2 days ago, i would take you up on this one.
I'll see you Ground Hog's day.
Have fun, it's gonna be a warm weekend.
__bob__

millergear
01-10-2013, 13:40
MG, if i wasn't recuperating from back surgery, 2 days ago, i would take you up on this one.
I'll see you Ground Hog's day.
Have fun, it's gonna be a warm weekend.
__bob__

What a wussie excuse! (LOL)

Maybe next time. See ya at Mac's.

flatline
01-10-2013, 13:48
What a wussie excuse! (LOL)

Maybe next time. See ya at Mac's.

it kinda hurts when i laugh! thank you, i was needing a chuckle.
i'll be there! maybe we can trap us a beaver!
__bob__

millergear
01-11-2013, 10:18
I've had to change my plan. Will be going to the Birkhead Wilderness instead. Parking at Robbins Branch Road Trailhead off Lassiter Mill Road (SR 1107). I expect to arrive 4:00/4:30 this afternoon and head up Robbins Branch Trail. Going to the Uwharrie trail and south to the Hannahs Creek trail back to the Trailhead.

Catavarie
01-11-2013, 12:48
Have a good trip, Miller. I'll be jealous the whole time I'm stuck at work.

Loki
01-12-2013, 00:23
Dang! I just missed him (waiting at the wrong trailhead - silly me).

millergear
01-14-2013, 14:02
Beautifull weather (for the drive home!). Pea soup fog Friday late afternoon and evening. Everything was very wet, tough to find dry wood for my Element stove. Even under my tarp the air was full of droplets shining in my headlamp.

Water was scarce at my camp, had to "dip" and pre-filter twice. Dinner was most excellent, shrimp scampi(peeled the shrimp wearing surgical gloves) and biscuits. Breakfast of more biscuits, bacon & eggs. The Snow Peak 3 Piece Titanium Cookset with it's nesting pots is great for steam baking, dry baking and poaching!

Hiked in damp, warm, foggy weather all day.

At the Northern end of the Birkhead the Camp 3 trail petered out and I turned back and went south on the Birkhead trail. Good excuse for another trip to locate the Camp 3 trail northern end.

Saturday night on Hannah's Creek. Grilled hamburger for dinner. Then a roaring fire to burn all the accumulated trash! Pigs P*** me off!!

In all we (me, myself and I) had a fine time.