PDA

View Full Version : Grand Trunk Guarantee

Chief Hammock Officer
01-06-2009, 16:56
Hey All,

Wow...right in the middle of a busy day i find out that we have our all time most unhappy customer, and for that I am truly sorry. Being in the hammock business gives us the chance to usually make people so happy they can't stand but tell their friends and join the growing following of Hammockers!!

I'm not going to go on and on about that unfortunate thread, although I do value feedback, good and bad. Instead i have an offer for you.

If you purchase or have purchased a Grand Trunk/The Travel Hammock product within the last 10 years and you have an issue, please contact me directly through Hammock Forums, or at [email protected] or call me at 801-583-1709 and let me know what's going on and I GUARANTEE you will not be treated poorly or be unhappy.

Other than that, hope you're all having a Happy New Year, staying healthy and getting a chance to do what we all love doing.

CHO

fin
01-06-2009, 18:05
Thanks, CHO! You have been a good friend to the HF community, and have reached out once again with an incredible offer.

Alan
01-06-2009, 18:42
Wow! Talk about stepping up to the plate!
Contact you directly if you've purchased within the last 10 years?!? :scared:

Now THAT'S putting your neck and reputation on the line. Kudos to you, Jon!

Glad I jumped at the chance to pick up a great deal on a GT Air-Bivy Extreme Shelter for the little woman a few days ago! I know she'll love it.

Cannibal
01-06-2009, 18:53
That's a great offer!

I'd take you up on it with my old Traveller UL, but I feel I more than got my money's worth out of it. It was my first non-spreader bar hammock and the gateway hammock for my current addiction. Somehow it would feel wrong 'fixing' it. :)

Doctari
01-06-2009, 19:33
Thanks for the offer, decidedly above & beyond.

My wife thinks I'm trying to wear out my 2, I use them 365 days a year, & one is almost 2 years old. The only thing I managed to do was wear out the YKK zipper on my (at the time) 1 year old skeeter beeter, & honestly, the zipper was NOT intended for the kind of use I put it to, 4 - 5 times a night, at least 4 hights a week, AND I had modified it so that it put extra stress on the poor zipper :eek:

And anyway, it is now my "inside hammock" at home, so,,,,

I Love my Traveller hammocks!!

MacEntyre
01-06-2009, 19:51
It's always refreshing to meet someone who truly understands good customer service. :cool:

CHO, what are all the brand names under the Grand Trunk umbrella? :confused:

Iafte
01-06-2009, 21:09
CHO, The only complaint I have on the 3 different models I own are the rope used. I have replaced it on 2 and waiting to get the hardware to replace the 3rd. Other than that, they all work great!

Chief Hammock Officer
01-06-2009, 21:53
It's always refreshing to meet someone who truly understands good customer service. :cool:

CHO, what are all the brand names under the Grand Trunk umbrella? :confused:

MacEntyre~

The brand names under Grand Trunk are The Travel Hammock, Ticket to the Moon USA (only USA), of course Grand Trunk and we own some other product names as well...

Silk Sleep Sack--Silk Liners

Parasheet--Parachute Nylon Beach Blanket

Skeeter Beeter--I think this ones been covered extensively:eek:

Air Bivy Extreme--All in one shelter

All Terrain Hybrid Hammock--5 different uses

Eco Travel Bags--Reusable grocery bag, gym bag, beach bag, laundry bag

Tent Shoes--Slip on waterproof shoe to keep your hammock/tent clean

I mentioned most of these because they have individual logos and are trademarked.

Cheers!
CHO

warbonnetguy
01-06-2009, 22:02
CHO, have you considered making tree straps available to your customers? you really should include them with your mosquito hammock and encourage their use since it is intended to be used on trees specifically. you do want to encourage "leave no trace" practices don't you? sure you do.

check out this thread: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6433&highlight=huggerless+hh

i'd love to hear any valid reasons you have for not using them.

Chief Hammock Officer
01-06-2009, 22:07
:confused:
CHO, have you considered making tree straps available to your customers? you really should include them with your mosquito hammock and encourage their use since it is intended to be used on trees specifically. you do want to encourage "leave no trace" practices don't you? sure you do.

check out this thread: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6433&highlight=huggerless+hh

i'd love to hear any valid reasons you have for not using them.

Hey Warbonnetguy~

First of all, i'm a BIG fan of your videos!! Nice work.

Absolutely, we're working on getting straps and losing the rope. I absolutely want to encourage the "leave no trace" practice. The situation is this...we give away a FREE hammock hanging kit with all hammocks purchased from us and with our boxes, catalogs, etc already printed and in use it makes the transition difficult. Our nearterm plan is to start selling straps and slowly move away from the rope, or at least encourage our customers to do so.

Hope this helps! I wish i could trade my factory rope for straps and move along:confused:

Cheers!

warbonnetguy
01-06-2009, 22:32
cool, line can still be tree friendly as long as tree straps are used with it. "all webbing" is good too and is becoming more popular, especially if some sort of webbing adjustment device is included (like ringbuckles or cinch buckles).

taking time to switch over is understandable, you probably have lots of old stock, although tree straps could be added to your standard rope suspension to make your current stock suspension tree friendly. webbing does seem to be the way to go for most folks as many don't want to take the time to learn knots and line w/straps is really more for ultralight hammockers it seems.

don't know if you ever talk to eno,trecklight, ttm, hammockbliss etc, but if you do spread the word. land management doesn't like to see scared trees, but they do like to ban things they see as "impact", and nobody really wants to damage trees either, and i would think those companies wouldn't want their products being the source of tree damage. i'd think they would at least want to put out the image of being environmentally friendly and pushing webbing on the tree is an easy way to do that.

anyway, glad you're in agreement and committed to doing something about it.

JayS
01-06-2009, 23:29
Can't ask for more than what CHO is offering. You can't get a 10 year "anything wrong" warranty on much of anything in this world. That kind of attitude will ultimately prove less costly (through reputation, leading to increased sales) than a shorter view of customer service.

Kudos to Chief Hammock Officer. :)

Kerflop
09-03-2009, 15:03
Glad to see this thread. I just bought two of the Travel Hammock UL. Howevr, I didn't buy it from your site so I need to get my own ropes / webbing. But thanks for the offer, this is true customer service.

Ramblinrev
09-03-2009, 15:11
Glad to see this thread. I just bought two of the Travel Hammock UL. Howevr, I didn't buy it from your site so I need to get my own ropes / webbing. But thanks for the offer, this is true customer service.

Be aware this is an old thread. I am not sure what the official warranty on the hammocks are now.

Kerflop
09-04-2009, 09:05
Understand Rev... What I was commenting on more was the level of customer service... What CHO offered is something you do not see these days. Makes me feel good about the purchase I made.

Bob

DocCaliz
09-05-2009, 08:13
Warrenty still applies and is good to go. I got my skeeter beeter pro replaced last month due to a zipper issue. quick easy and painless. Grand trucnk is GTG in my book.