PDA

View Full Version : Hoosier Hang 2013

Jaredtk
01-12-2013, 01:57
Hi there, and welcome from the Knobs of Indiana. I'm a new goer here, very young compared to most of the aged wise folk of the forums; but am quite interested in joining in on a Hoosier hang

So here would be a good place to start planning an outing for..
- either late-winter through mid-spring would be a good start.
- any mid state campsites/hikes good? two lakes loop seems to be a great area as an option..
-anything else you all would like to add!:D

Redpath
01-12-2013, 09:08
Hello from Greenfield Indiana! I'm looking forward to some group hangs. Definitely want to try that two lakes hike sometime. Been testing my gear out hanging in my backyard, so I'll be ready.

HomeMadeHiker
01-12-2013, 09:29
Welcome from northern IN.
We will be coming up on the 4th annual official Hoosier Hang, they are held in Hoosier National Forest outside of Bloomington around April. Keep an eye out for the thread... See ya there!!!

krugd
01-12-2013, 09:37
Welcome from northern IN.
We will be coming up on the 4th annual official Hoosier Hang, they are held in Hoosier National Forest outside of Bloomington around April. Keep an eye out for the thread... See ya there!!!

Usually held close to tax day, April 15th.

HamMike
01-12-2013, 09:42
I missed the third but will look forward to #4!

Jaredtk
01-12-2013, 15:32
Awesome, I'll keep my eyes out for it! Thanks you all!

mountainhanger
01-12-2013, 15:37
i got vacation week of the 14th so please please hammock gods let this be the week :)
lol

Dedmeat73
01-15-2013, 11:57
I plan on making this my third in a row.

Drewski
01-15-2013, 12:29
Welcome from Greenville, IN...just up 150 from you.

As a relative noob, I am looking forward to a Hoosier Hang myself...I hope my weekend schedule lets me do it!

I also plan on checking out Two Lakes Loop when the weather improves...and some sections on the KT. Still scouting for more trails though.

Trout
01-15-2013, 17:36
Hey all. My wife and I are planning on showing up tax weekend. Fri - Sunday. I have taken the time off already. Working on a new tarp, due to the cat destroying my last creation, and working on a 2nd backpack that is different than the g4. Look forward to seeing any and all who show up. As always, the weather dictates if the "hill" is an option.

donzo57
01-15-2013, 18:05
Hi there, and welcome from the Knobs of Indiana. I'm a new goer here, very young compared to most of the aged wise folk of the forums; but am quite interested in joining in on a Hoosier hang

So here would be a good place to start planning an outing for..
- either late-winter through mid-spring would be a good start.
- any mid state campsites/hikes good? two lakes loop seems to be a great area as an option..
-anything else you all would like to add!:D

Hello there,I too like the two lakes loop trail have hiked most of it . iam new to hammock also always used tent am looking forward to do alot of hanging out on two lake loop trail

Jerry
01-15-2013, 18:47
Hey there Guys.....Seymour Indiana here...and my office is in New ALbany...so very close...
First WELCOME to the Forums, you'll find tons of info, and lots of great people.
Hoosier Hang....THis is usually Mule and Trouts deal, always a great time, big turnout, lots of rain, and cold nights. great food, and good drink.
if Sal shows up there will be some great music there as well. it is a family outing, so guys and gals, kids etc. are always welcome ( or at least in the past ).

THere is always something going on around the Deam wilderness. Mule and I were out there this past weekend. had a great time, relaxing and hanging out.

JErry

thatguy
01-30-2013, 09:57
I'm interested. Will need dates so I can clear them with the boss...

evilleotter
02-03-2013, 12:43
Hi guys from E'ville. Really want to join you guys for the hang this year. I'll keep watching the posts. Thanks to Mule and all others that are working to organize this.