PDA

View Full Version : Third Annual WB, HF Nashville Winter Dinner

Shadowmoss
01-09-2009, 09:13
As posted on WB by Rain Man:

Third Annual WhiteBlaze Nashville Winter Dinner - Saturday, February 14, 2009

Yes, boys and girls, Valentine's Day 2009! A good excuse to get out and take your Honey to dinner ... AND get to talk backpacking!

Here's the itinerary:

Noon (or thereabouts) - a hike at Radnor or Warner or wherever someone wants to lead one. Details to be announced if someone volunteers to lead this activity. Bearpaw, you listening?

5:00 - THE MAIN EVENT: Dinner at Ruby Tuesday's next door to REI in Brentwood.

7:00 - Presentation at REI by Trine (Red Dane) about her AT thru-hike. She hiked alone and began on January 7th, so lots of pics of snow and ice! Finished in August. She kept a journal on TrailJournals.com, I believe. (This is tentative until next week.)

Questions? Volunteers? Complaints? Anyone needing a place to stay? Anyone offering a place to stay for out-of-towners?

If you need to MapQuest a map or directions to the REI, here is the address (and phone number)--
261 Franklin Road
Brentwood, TN 37027
(615) 376-4248

REI has a new "community room" in their newly renovated and expanded store and they are looking forward to having our group for the evening.

I'm looking forward to seeing whoever is able to attend. Nothing like getting together for good food and yakking with fellow AT hikers. Well, except hiking?!

RainMan

Ewker
01-09-2009, 09:41
yes, yes and yes

Shadowmoss
01-09-2009, 10:26
Woot! I knew I'd get Ewker to say yes to something eventually! :)

Ewker
01-09-2009, 13:38
no,no and no

Rain Man
01-09-2009, 14:21
yes, yes and yes

Then, we'll see, see, see you thar!!! :)

Rain Man

Rockdawg69
01-09-2009, 17:24
Putting this one on the calendar. Would be good to meet the TN locals in Nashville.
Just in time for the REI dividend, I hope!!!!!

Rain Man
01-10-2009, 12:16
Putting this one on the calendar. Would be good to meet the TN locals in Nashville.
Just in time for the REI dividend, I hope!!!!!

Hey, I didn't think about the REI dividend, but you're right!!!

And for the past two years, this has been a fun gathering (or is it three years? I can't recall). Looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it.

Rain Man

Shadowmoss
01-10-2009, 12:24
no,no and no

:( , :( , and :(

One of these days you'll realize you like me...

:laugh:

neo
01-18-2009, 01:25
i will not be able to make it.i will be in saint louis mo.that weekend
spending valentines day with my sweetheart:cool:neo

Ewker
01-18-2009, 10:59
i will not be able to make it.i will be in saint louis mo.that weekend
spending valentines day with my sweetheart:cool:neo

have fun :)

Rain Man
01-23-2009, 10:18
Red Dane will not be able to speak to us as tentatively planned.

But I was able to scrounge around locally and come up with a substitute of sorts. Model-T has graciously offered to step in.
:D
The title of Model-T's talk will be "Chasin' Life With a Hiking Stick."

Bearpaw will lead, as last year, a noon hike at Radnor Lake of about 5 miles, with alternative loops for anyone wanting an easy, flat walk on mulched paths.

Rain Man

neo
01-23-2009, 10:21
Red Dane will not be able to speak to us as tentatively planned.

But I was able to scrounge around locally and come up with a substitute of sorts. Model-T has graciously offered to step in.
:D
The title of Model-T's talk will be "Chasin' Life With a Hiking Stick."

Bearpaw will lead, as last year, a noon hike at Radnor Lake of about 5 miles, with alternative loops for anyone wanting an easy, flat walk on mulched paths.

Rain Man

:)i like model t he is a great guy:shades:neo

Rain Man
02-12-2009, 23:09
:)i like model t he is a great guy:shades:neo

Yes he is! Too bad you won't be with us, Neo! But, enjoy your Valentine Sweetheart.

Rain Man

Ewker
02-13-2009, 09:31
something has come up so I will miss Model T's presentation. I will still be there for the hike and dinner

WrongTurn
02-13-2009, 09:34
I wish this was in knoxville or tri cities. Just a little to far for me to drive.

Rain Man
02-13-2009, 11:24
I wish this was in knoxville or tri cities. Just a little to far for me to drive.

Just do what I did. Announce it ... and they will come. :)

First time, I had little idea who or how many might show up, but was willing to count on dinner with a single other hiker as a success. Low and behold, over a dozen showed up.

Anyway, I encourage other hikers to organize their own. I don't have a copyright, but will be happy to charge a franchise fee! LOL

Rain Man