PDA

View Full Version : My new dangerbird!

jb85
01-24-2013, 20:49
Got my new dangerbird today! Got to hang it a bit, will probably sleep in it this weekend and then got a trip the following! Thanks to Papa Smurf!

A quick question about the tie outs on the side, if you use them it seems it is more difficult to get the underquilt to fit right. Is there a clip or something that I can buy somewhere that will help hold the UQ? This is actually my first go around with an underquilt too.

PapaSmurf
01-24-2013, 21:00
For a full length UQ, I find it easiest to use the built-in quilt loops with either mini biners or Dutchware's clip-on quilt hooks.
For a smaller UQ, like in your photo, you may want to consider the sew-on hooks.
http://www.outdoortrailgear.com/featured/dutchware-quilt-hooks/

I don't often use the tie-outs. When I do use the tie-outs, I find that they actually help keep the UQ from riding up on either side. I don't think they would do anything to help hold it in an asym orientation.

prismatic81
01-25-2013, 12:20
Grats on your new dangerbird! You will have to let us know how the trip goes!

halfastronomical
01-25-2013, 12:26
That is a nice setup...
thanks for the photo!

jb85
01-26-2013, 14:10
Thanks guys! I will try and do a mini review and maybe a trip report after we go. My buddy is getting married and for his bachelor party he wanted to do a trip so we are headed to Nordhaus Dunes on the west side of Michigan. I'm super excited!