PDA

View Full Version : Took the plunge today

tnvarmint
01-29-2013, 18:43
I placed an order with WL for a night owl, tad pole, bug net and summer series quilts.

After talking with them on the phone for a few I decided to give the s.s. a try instead of the 15 degree setup. They have gotten awesome reports so far on the s.s. quilts so what the heck. I can't wait to get the stuff in and try it out

Big Bacon
01-29-2013, 18:48
Good choice. Everything i have gotten from them is great and i have no complains at all. From two night owls to an old man winter. They are quick to respond to the many emails i have sent. When i am threw with my retirement and get a job i was planning on getting two underquils. Hope you enjoy it all.

Les Rust
01-29-2013, 19:09
congrats on some great gear. I'll be interested to heat how the S.S. quilts do for you.

dangerous
01-29-2013, 19:23
Quick note on the ssuq, mine needed a few more inches of shock cord for the suspension. It was hanging a little too tight and compressing the quilt. Now it lofts really well.

tnvarmint
01-29-2013, 20:34
Thanks I will take a look at the suspension once it gets here. I am hoping to get to put everything to use towards the end of February before my son leaves for boot camp so I should have some decent reports on them.

I can't wait to get it all in! :boggle:

Caveman
01-30-2013, 13:24
Very nice. I love my WL gear.

dragon360
01-30-2013, 14:07
That's some really great gear you're picking up there! Congrats!

JollyGreen
01-31-2013, 23:00
Love my WL gear too, could you post a few pics of the SS quilts when they arrive?

tnvarmint
02-01-2013, 08:24
Oh don't worry, I will be taking some photos and hope to do some reviews on it soon.

tnvarmint
02-06-2013, 14:00
Received my order today from Marty and I must say I am extremely impressed. I placed the order on Tuesday of last week. Knowing that Marty had to make the quilts after I placed the order and he still got the entire order out and delivered in only 8 days is absolutely amazing. What is even better is the quality of the work on these items. I looked over the TQ and UQ and checked out every seam. Not to check up on Marty but just to see exactly how well they were made so that I could give a decent review of them. I have never seen such quality craftmanship. There was not a single stitch out of place or loose thread on both quilts. Everything was well above expectations! And they even added in a down pillow and a Wilderness Logic flag pocket that hangs from my whoopie slings.

As you can see from this picture, everything I ordered is not that big and should not take up much room in my pack.

Here is a shot of the open footbox on the Summer Series Top Quilt. I opted for this because my feet usually are one of the hottest parts of my body and sweat quite a lot. This will let me air them out some if needed or I can button up and tie the footbox off.

Here is the Summer Series Top Quilt.

And here is the Summer Series Under Quilt.

I will be doing a video and review of everything hopefully this weekend. We are expected to have a beautiful weekend with highs in the mid 50s and lows in the mid 30s. I am also hoping to spend the night out in it to see how comfortable it will be at temps around freezing. I will give a complete report on it as soon as I try it out.

Again I want to thank Marty and Wilderness Logics. As I get some more money stashed away from the eyes of my wife I will definately be returning to get more gear from them,

flatline
02-06-2013, 15:15
congratulations tnvarmintn, you are really gonna enjoy the SS quilts.
there are a bunch of ways to rig the open foot box.
__bob__

Brute1100
02-06-2013, 16:44
dude that as an awesome order... i don't think i have ever ordered more than 2 things on the same day, more or less an ENTIRE setup in one shipment... I have heard nothing but great things about WL and have inspected several pieces of their gear and have come to the conclusion that they have a bunch of elves that do their work... or they have a cloning machine and just make one perfect and then just copy and paste it with the machine...

tnvarmint
02-06-2013, 20:11
dude that as an awesome order... i don't think i have ever ordered more than 2 things on the same day, more or less an ENTIRE setup in one shipment.

Normally I wouldn't be able to either but I had saved for a while and sold off some other "toys"

stcannon1
03-12-2013, 23:12
I am just down the road from Marty and was up there just last week to get a bag. I ended up walking out with a Night Owl to go with the bag. I have had the OLM for over a year and the two pieces belong together. I have placed a few pick from last weekends camp. I added a continuous loop and descender rings to the Night Owl for my slings. I also use rings on my tree straps (Marlin spike hitch but with a ring). I made my own poles for the OLM which really gives me a lot of room. It sets up quick and covers extremely well.