PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Blackbird Ordered

HikerRanky
01-14-2009, 07:57
So I finally bit the bullet and ordered me a double 1.7 with webbing suspension..... Really looking forward to getting this baby!

goldbond
01-14-2009, 08:09
What was the deciding "factor" for choosing the webbing suspension?

HikerRanky
01-14-2009, 08:17

I have a HH right now with descending rings and straps.... That and I absolutely fell in love with Shadowmoss' BB when she showed it to us at a Nashville pizza night....

Randy

Shadowmoss
01-14-2009, 08:22
HEHE. I think I hooked both you and Rain Man that night with my BB. I really do like it. And, webbing suspension is the only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

HikerRanky
01-14-2009, 08:35
Yeah, I had been thinking about getting another hammock anyway, and when I saw that one, I knew that that was the next one to buy.... I'm still going to keep my HH, and get the zipper mod on it as well....

The BB weighs in at about 31oz, whereas my HH weighs in at 52oz.... A savings of 1 lb 5oz.... I can now carry another pound of food just by switching to this hammock.

I'm really stoked about this one... Thanks for sharing!

Randy

Ewker
01-14-2009, 08:56
I have a HH right now with descending rings and straps.... That and I absolutely fell in love with Shadowmoss' BB when she showed it to us at a Nashville pizza night....

Randy

that must have been a secret meeting

Mustardman
01-14-2009, 09:14

I ordered two blackbirds. My first, I ordered with the amsteel line suspension. With the line, you have to tie knots, and it's more hassle to hang.

When I ordered the second, I got the webbing suspension, because the line was such a pain in the butt to deal with. With the webbing, setup is easy as can be - slap the strap around the tree, clip a biner (not included), and pull the ring buckle to adjust the length. No knots needed.

The only downside to the webbing is increased bulk and a few more ounces, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice for the convenience.

Cannibal
01-14-2009, 09:58
Another member of the BB Gang. Welcome!
Smart choice with the webbing.

warbonnetguy
01-14-2009, 11:26
almost everybody chooses webbing now, like 10:1

Shadowmoss
01-14-2009, 12:15
ewker: It was the last Pizza Nite. I thought you were there... I had the hammock out twice that night. In fact, you were there watching. I can't help it if you don't know a cool hammock when you see it :) .

Ewker
01-14-2009, 12:28
ewker: It was the last Pizza Nite. I thought you were there... I had the hammock out twice that night. In fact, you were there watching. I can't help it if you don't know a cool hammock when you see it :) .

You must have had it out before I got there or after I left. I never saw any hammock. Did you hang it or just have it in a stuff sack?

Cannibal
01-14-2009, 12:32
Come on Ewker, admit it; you were too busy making goo-goo eyes at Shadowmoss to notice the hammock! :lol:

HikerRanky
01-14-2009, 18:47
that must have been a secret meeting

Nah, it wasn't a secret meeting.....