PDA

View Full Version : Feb. 8 -10 Hoosier National Forest - Deam Wilderness Hike

golfhiker
01-30-2013, 11:26
There is a group heading to the Deam on Friday Feb. 8th... Any HF members would be welcome to join. Pretty basic weekend hike... meet at the Firetower Friday around 5:00 PM.. hike in to the "ruins", old homestead
(approx. 2 miles). Set up, enjoy the evening. Head back to the Firetower Sat. AM to meet up with Sat. arrivals, then do the Sycamore Trail loop on Sat. ( about 6 miles), out Sunday AM. For anyone heading home through Bloomington, we'll do our usual stop at the Log Cabin for a great post hike Breakfast/brunch.

The hike is a go, with approx. 4-5 already on board. Disclaimer...some of these good guys may actually not hang. Please don't let that disuade you from joining. We love the Deam, and the weather will be perfect. :laugh:

Ewker
01-30-2013, 11:42
that would be a good hike esp with the crew you have going with you :eek:

golfhiker
01-30-2013, 15:20
Ewker: Some of your old Indiana buddies should be there, Salem, Crash Bang, Randall.... and many more. :lol:

Ewker
01-30-2013, 16:47
It would be good to see them again but I already have plans for that weekend.

golfhiker
01-30-2013, 17:05
yea, we get that a lot here in Indiana! :rolleyes: Have fun wherever you'll be hanging out.

Ewker
01-30-2013, 17:10
yea, we get that a lot here in Indiana! :rolleyes: Have fun wherever you'll be hanging out.

I have been backpacking on the Adventure Hiking Trail in southern Indiana. It was a great weekend down there. I haven't been to Deam before though so I need to get up there

Boilers23
01-30-2013, 23:49
I've been interested in checking out Deam but we have a scouts overnight at Bluesprings caverns that night. How does Deam compare to other spots in Indiana?

bonsaihiker
02-03-2013, 22:59
Wish I could go, but the wife will be in Columbus and my son's Pinewood Derby was rescheduled for that weekend.

Have a good time!

Shotgunred
02-03-2013, 23:20
Would love to join in but work is a necessary evil..... I think.... Not always sure though.... have a great time!

bluejeans
02-04-2013, 14:29
Interested and would like to go but scheduled to work that Saturday:(

Enjoy

Acer
02-04-2013, 15:23
I've been interested in checking out Deam but we have a scouts overnight at Bluesprings caverns that night. How does Deam compare to other spots in Indiana?

Check out the Deam,,,its about as good as it gets in Indiana..I have bushwacked all over it in the past. Lots of good spots to hang and you can hike to Monroe Res and hang or camp there in lots of spots and fish from the bank. Great for scouts as well. Happy Hiking and hanging guys,,will be thinking about ya's as I will be setting the 500 World of Wheels Car Show and getting ready for the Indy Sports Show..pretty tied down with work now don't have time to rock and roll..

farmer.ron.99
02-07-2013, 00:54
I already have a trip to the Adventure Hiking Trail then otherwise I would be there.

Home Run
02-11-2013, 12:48
I posted a review of this hike in the "trip reports" section. I am new to adding pics to a report, so pardon the lack of them. Take a look in my album/gallery to view all. (Any help to forward my understanding of loading pics would be appreciated by PM.) Thanks.

Home Run