PDA

View Full Version : UGQ UQ/TQ Video Review

mugs
02-03-2013, 02:17
Finally got around to doing a review of my UGQ TQ's and UQ'sI absolutely love Paul's quilts,a dn honestly think he should have his own for sale section just like the rest of the vendors in here, but who am I to say what goes on...I was feeling a bit scruffy in the throat, but I pressed on.

Hope you all get something out of it, and aren't too bored with my ramblings.

Part 1
/EVc-HGu7BdU

Part 2
/eqijcezQjC4

Vulture
02-03-2013, 08:01
Nice job nonetheless. I'm very happy with my UGQ products!

Acer
02-03-2013, 08:12
I also think its time Paul of UGQ's needs his own subforum as he has a great following and supporters of his products. He is now expanded into tarps, lots of different custom work on top quilts, underquilts and pillows etc. What says everybody else. I know his work is top quality and he now offers waterproof down as well. UGQ's is a great supporter of this forum and its members. :) Nice video and review of some very nice top notch quilts!

Redoleary
02-03-2013, 08:26
Very thorough review. I've been meaning to do a review of my UGQ and may get to it someday. Thanks for the review, Paul does great work, plus his shop is in my hometown so you know I have to have gear made in J-town!

Kerrkid
02-03-2013, 08:42
Thank's for sharing that video, Paul and his staff do a outstanding job quality work for sure.. I would agree Paul should have his own sale section sub forum he has an out standing track record for putting out some quality gear and his customer service is top notch... Paul is alway's trying to improve his product line and each time he does he's gear get's better and better....

sr1355
02-03-2013, 18:28
Thanks for the review Mugs, appreciate your taking the time to put that together. I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to get a video together on suspension and think yours will certainly help clear it you.

Mr.Tattoo
02-03-2013, 20:17
Great review on some great gear mugs

lilricky
02-03-2013, 23:04
Amen to that Acer!

I also think its time Paul of UGQ's needs his own subforum as he has a great following and supporters of his products. He is now expanded into tarps, lots of different custom work on top quilts, underquilts and pillows etc. What says everybody else. I know his work is top quality and he now offers waterproof down as well. UGQ's is a great supporter of this forum and its members. :) Nice video and review of some very nice top notch quilts!

Boomer
02-06-2013, 23:20
Thanks Mugs! You going to be shooting more video in the future?

MaverickNH
01-12-2014, 10:45
I received my Black Friday 0F Flight Jacket and Full-Length Zeppelin TQ/UQ set and am in the process of installing and adjusting on my WBBB. They are as well made as Mugs noted - fine attention to quality despite the high volume of orders.

It appears the UQ suspension is modified a bit from Mugs' video and UGQ's instructions. There are no longer Mitten Hooks on the fore & aft adjustment system of the UQ. Now a knotted shockcord loop is fixed to the S-Biner with a split ring, and the two free ends pass through the corner triangle rings with a cordlock behind the ring. Same function, but not readily detachable.

I plan to adjust with my son as weight (a bit longer and heavier than me) and then tack on Dutchware AL Quilt Hooks at four corners, if possible. The UQ may rise past the zipper, so we'll see if the hooks can be used, or are even needed. I'll report back on that later.