PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Spring MAHHA, April 26-28th, Official Planning Thread

2Questions
02-06-2013, 05:52
ZQ...a.k.a...Donna here. Time to start officially preparing for the fun!

-Friday April 26th - Sunday April 28th.

-Pine Grove Furnace State Park
1100 Pine Grove Rd.
Gardners, PA 17324
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/findapark/pinegrovefurnace/index.htm

-There is a Google Spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av_1g-9ThQhbdDNrVEdSUlVydFB3X3BqOTUyTU1KMHc#gid=0)for signing up. There are 2 tabs at the bottom on the left of the page. An "Attendance signup", and a "Breakfast/Dinner Items needed" tab. This year, it is important to know the number attending the Saturday dinner about a week before...see below.

-There is a pre/post hike thread started here. (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67660)

-Three group sites have been reserved. These are the same as last year. Each of these group sites have their own campfire ring...bring plenty of fire wood...just make sure it is from PA as per PGFST requests. Note: The park allows gathering dead, down wood... but no chainsaws in the park.

-With the amount of attendees, there will be a concern for parking. There are other group sites using the same parking lot, so we need to be aware of the amount of space our group uses. I know there is extra parking up the road, but I will check to see if there is additional parking available elsewhere. The parking at the swimming area might be available if needed. We want to be careful to not outsize our welcome with the parking.

-There is a family campground just up the road. Sites can be reserved. There are sites with electric. There are sites that allow dogs. Dogs are allowed at the pavilion. There is a bath house with showers and flush toilets. Note...Sites with electric that allow dogs have the highest demand.

-No alcoholic beverages allowed in the park. Rangers will be invited to attend the dinner.

-We have the Furnace Stack Pavilion reserved for the entire day Saturday.

-Name Tags...[O]TTeR has graciously volunteered again this year to make name tags for attendees. Please use the signup sheet to let him know what name you want on the tag.

- Saturday morning there will be a pancake breakfast. Dutch is the contact person. Please use the signup sheet to register your attendance. If you are arriving at the group hang site Friday, you will be counted in numbers for the breakfast. Also, please mark on the signup sheet if bringing anything on the list that is needed. Thanks!

-Saturday late afternoon/evening, there will be a supper and raffle.
Supper: We will be having a pig roast as the main event. The pig will be roasted off site, and brought to the pavilion ready to serve off the bone. The person bringing the pig will be the one serving the pig. BBQ sauce will be provided, but feel free to bring your favorite. They will also be providing the rolls and cole slaw...what is pulled pork without cole slaw!!
We will be grilling Kosher Beef Hot dogs for children and adults not eating the pork. Please note the number of hot dogs you want cooked for your family on the signup sheet.
We will be cooking some Veggie burgers.
Everyone is encouraged to bring a food contribution for the dinner. Please use the sign up sheet to get an idea of what food is on the list. There are other items needed...sign up to bring something if you can.
-Request...a must do...Sometime Saturday before the dinner, everyone partaking in the pig roast, adults and children, must find Pan, 2Q, or PapaSmurf to get your hand stamped with the letters MAHHA. Since the pig roast will be in a public area, we want to make sure we are serving only our members or those invited (rangers, hikers on the AT) to enjoy the pig! EDIT: We have decided not to use the hand stamp. We will be using the name tags that [o]TTer is making....see post #24.
Raffle: After the meal, we will be having a raffle. Pan will post on this thread with details about the raffle.

After the meal and raffle: Please make sure you clean up your eating area and take with you, or dispose of, any food containers you brought. This will help to leave the pavilion area in the same or better condition than when we arrived.

Sunday when leaving group hang area: Please look around your area before you leave to make sure everything is cleaned up...again...let's leave the group hang area in the same or better condition than when we arrived. If someone forgot something, take it with you and post on HF. If you don't want to take it with you...if you see 2Q, give it to him. He and I will be walking the group area before we leave.

I have requested the other three 2013 MAHHA threads be closed, so all comments will now be on one thread. The pre/post hike thread will stay as is.

If there are any details I neglected to include here..please let me know.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Donna

Cranky Bear
02-06-2013, 09:05
Do you snore----Are you kidding?!?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That was a good one.......

2Questions
02-06-2013, 09:12
Do you snore----Are you kidding?!?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: That was a good one.......

Yea...we don't know who added that column....someone with a bit of humor:)! ZQ

Peter_pan
02-06-2013, 10:34
Once again JRB is proud to host the Spring MAHHA Raffle... As in recent years we are joined by several of our fellow cottage manufacturers...To date Dutch, 2QZQ, UGO, and Papa Smurf will be participating.

The prizes are contributions from the vendors... They support the raffle as a means of giving back to the community and support of the forums... They receive only your thanks and admiration... This raffle is traditionally a huge support to the community, the host park, ATC and hammockforums.net...The prizes have been valued at well over $1200 for two years now...You don't want to miss out.

We will use the same raffle deal and rules:

Deal

Your ticket purchases go first to defray hang costs...Campsite rental, pavillion rental, Saturday Breakfast and the Big "PIG OUT"...couldn't resist...:D This years MAHHA budget is well over $800... Remainder of the proceeds goes to Hammockforums...

Tickets are $10 each and we do not make change ;) Come to play you won't get odds this good on great gear very often.

Rules

You must be present to win or have trusted your buddy with your tickets...:eek:

Prizes are arrayed in thee tiers,based on value...Winning ticket holders may choose any prize in a tier until that tier is exhausted, then it is off to the second tier, when the top tier is reached all the tickets go back in the hopper so all have a chance to win the Biggies....NOW, when you win be prepared to pick quikly, as we keep up a good pace and the indecisive sometime get prizes snatched out by the winner of the next number called...:eek:

See y'all at the MAHHA...

Pan

BFGMofo
02-07-2013, 08:50
This will be my first MAHHA hang and I am looking forward to meeting you all.

2Questions
02-08-2013, 11:24
A thank you to those that have signed up to bring items for the breakfast and dinner.

And a big thanks to Lazy River Road for volunterring to collect and take home the recycle items!

ZQ

2Questions
02-08-2013, 12:58
I should add.....those of you coming that have already signed up. Please revisit the spreadsheet, if you haven't already, and:

1. Let [o]TTeR know if you want a name tag, and what you want name you want printed on it.
2. Let us know how many Hot dogs you might want cooked for your family...see first post for details.

Thanks!
Donna

2Questions
02-12-2013, 18:33
Informational bump for those interested, that haven't seen it in the Northeast Trip Planning forum. ZQ

fishbait
02-13-2013, 08:23
So much for the Spring MAHHA, scheduling conflicts have just put the kibosh on my plans to go.

2Questions
02-13-2013, 23:03
So much for the Spring MAHHA, scheduling conflicts have just put the kibosh on my plans to go.

Sorry to hear that...maybe next year!

There is a fall MAHHA...it is usually the 3rd full weekend in October.

ZQ

buckethead
02-19-2013, 00:06
Looking forward to spending some quality time with y'all. This will be my 1'st hang with the Hammock Forum Subculture that has taught me so much. I've reserved a spot in the main camping area so my wife along with her tent can participate.

Take Care, Stay Safe

Buckethead

RedBeardHanger
02-19-2013, 04:37
I will definitely make this one! The only difficulty will be finding a place for my dog(s) for the weekend…
I will check the list to see if I can bring anything…

2Questions
02-19-2013, 08:47
RedBeardHanger...
To answer your question from the spreadsheet. It is 19 miles from Caledonia to Pine Grove. Tim is tossing around the idea of hiking from Boiling Springs down into Pine Grove...19 miles also...but there is not much water available that direction. So, he's not sure yet which direction he will hike.

2Questions
02-24-2013, 16:27
Informational bump for those interested, but haven't seen it in the Northeast Trip Planning forum. ZQ

Also...Please see post #7. Thanks!

2Questions
03-05-2013, 17:42
Informational bump for those interested, but haven't seen it in the Northeast Trip Planning forum. ZQ

Also...Please see post #7. Thanks!

Ditto...ZQ:)

engine386
03-05-2013, 19:57
This sounds like this is one of the BIG hangs with all the famous people:D

Porkroll
03-05-2013, 19:59
This sounds like this is one of the BIG hangs with all the famous people:D

That it is.

perrito
03-06-2013, 21:05
That it is.
Bundy's famous....

Porkroll
03-06-2013, 23:29
...for my beard?

stameboat
03-07-2013, 00:10
I'm still putting together my setup but I'm gonna see if I can make it there!

Joey
03-11-2013, 21:11
With Spring making it's debut, I'm starting to get amped up for the MAHHA. It's been a few months since I've gotten some hammock time! Life goes fast at times. Need the MAHHA weekend to relax and slow down a bit. Guess I'll hang out near Lazy River Road, unless he's actually going to get up early or something. :D

doogie
03-14-2013, 04:51
I'm in, filled out the sheet assuming my son will not make it. Looking to hike in, but need to bug out early on Sunday.

[o]TTeR
03-14-2013, 13:50
Hi All, I just looked at the attendance sheet and realized it’s time to get started on the name tags! I’m going to use the process as last year where, I send your tag(s) layout via PM and get your “thumbs up” before I print and laminate them.

If you are coming out to Spring MAHHA but haven’t filled in the Attendance sheet, please do so! I don’t want to miss anyone if I can help it??

Thanks & I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone at Pine Grove in April, please watch for my PM :shades:

2Questions
03-14-2013, 13:58
TTeR;963285']Hi All, I just looked at the attendance sheet and realized it’s time to get started on the name tags! I’m going to use the process as last year where, I send your tag(s) layout via PM and get your “thumbs up” before I print and laminate them.

If you are coming out to Spring MAHHA but haven’t filled in the Attendance sheet, please do so! I don’t want to miss anyone if I can help it??

Thanks & I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone at Pine Grove in April, please watch for my PM :shades:

...ZQ here...Instead of having everyone's hand stamped for eating Miss Piggy:)...as noted in origingal post...we will be using the name tags. A BIG THANKS to [o]TTer for creating and making the name tags again this year!! He did a great job last year, and will so again this year!

Yojimbo
03-17-2013, 15:59
Our Scout Troop just change their April Campout schedule allowing my youngest to also join us for the Spring MAHHA. He injected the Fall hang and is looking forward to meeting some more of your canine friends. His favorite thing from the Fall. I have just added him to the google sign up sheet.

Cranky Bear
03-17-2013, 16:01
Guess I'll hang out near Lazy River Road, unless he's actually going to get up early or something. :D

Careful now he may call your name from the trail "EARLY" in the AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

G...Hawk
03-17-2013, 18:44
Our Scout Troop just change their April Campout schedule allowing my youngest to also join us for the Spring MAHHA. He injected the Fall hang and is looking forward to meeting some more of your canine friends. His favorite thing from the Fall. I have just added him to the google sign up sheet.

Artjrk,

There are many, many good trees at Pine Grove Furnace SP.
Yet . . . will your eyebolt+bolt-tripod version of the turtlelady stand make an appearance ?

Would like to have a conversation about your development of the tripod eyebolt+bolt connection.
Expect others will be interested.
Would you upgrade a version made today ?

Have the military-Alum-poles for 3tripods+2hammocks setup plus snap-button. Have not yet drilled.
Like both hardware and lashing.

See you in April.
G

2Questions
03-17-2013, 18:54
. . . will your eyebolt+bolt-tripod version of the turtlelady stand make an appearance ?

...ZQ here...We might be inviting some hammock stands to make an appearance...depending on how many hangers attend!:)

VATriker
03-17-2013, 19:00
I am in. This will be my first organized hammock hang!

Wife likes to camp with the popup so she has reserved a site for that. We will arrive Thursday. I will hang with the group in my BMBH.

I am a camping stove and lantern collector. I'll bring a three-burner coleman, stand plus some other stoves. Not going to bring my collection (too much stuff) but I will bring a few items.

VATriker

G...Hawk
03-17-2013, 19:40
...ZQ here...We might be inviting some hammock stands to make an appearance...depending on how many hangers attend!:)

Great ! ! !

G

Yojimbo
03-17-2013, 19:50
Artjk,

There are many, many good trees at Pine Grove Furnace SP.
Yet . . . will your eyebolt+bolt-tripod version of the turtlelady stand make an appearance ?

Would like to have a conversation about your development of the tripod eyebolt+bolt connection.
Expect others will be interested.
Would you upgrade a version made today ?

Have the military-Alum-poles for 3tripods+2hammock setup plus snapbuttons. Have not yet drilled.
Like both hardware and lashing.

See you in April.
G

Sure I'll bring both of mine up. I had one out at the Fall MAHHa. I love to talk and learn new things and meet new folks.

Any update would be to make it lighter and or more compact. What I read of the military alum poles don't fit the bill. They are 4' long instead of my 6 ft. But weigh almost 40lbs compared to my 18lbs. I believe there is a better solution to the legs somewhere. They alum sounds good for the horizontal.

doogie
03-17-2013, 19:57
I plan on hiking in from Caledonia SP. It would make me more comfortable if at least one would agree to drive me down to pick up my car....there may be more than just me, but most others seem to want to hike after MAHHA....not an option for me.

G...Hawk
03-17-2013, 21:49
Sure I'll bring both of mine up. I had one out at the Fall MAHHa. I love to talk and learn new things and meet new folks.

Any update would be to make it lighter and or more compact. What I read of the military alum poles don't fit the bill. They are 4' long instead of my 6 ft. But weigh almost 40lbs compared to my 18lbs. I believe there is a better solution to the legs somewhere. They alum sounds good for the horizontal.

Artjrk,

Collectively, they certainly are not light, but very sturdy.
We go vanCamping so weight is not a problem; expect to do cross country camping and finding trees for two hammocks may be difficult.

If you haven't handled some in person I will bring six to the hang : six 4ft poles make three 8ft poles for tripod.

G

PapaSmurf
03-18-2013, 10:15
Does anybody know if there will be a specific show & tell time on Saturday in case somebody had something new and different to show off? :D

Dutch
03-18-2013, 10:17
Whisper it in my ear

Cranky Bear
03-18-2013, 10:26
Whisper it in my ear

No mine....

2Questions
03-18-2013, 11:07
Does anybody know if there will be a specific show & tell time on Saturday in case somebody had something new and different to show off? :D

...ZQ here...nothing is planned as of right now. Feel free to start the planning! I'm sure many will be interested in both...showing and observing! Reminder...we have the pavalion reserved for the whole day Saturday. Therefore anything planned, can be there or at the group camping area.

PapaSmurf
03-18-2013, 11:55
...ZQ here...nothing is planned as of right now. Feel free to start the planning! I'm sure many will be interested in both...showing and observing! Reminder...we have the pavalion reserved for the whole day Saturday. Therefore anything planned, can be there or at the group camping area.

When (and if) I get the final bugs worked out on my latest project, I'll announce a starting time and volunteer to be the first stop on the list.

2Questions
03-19-2013, 16:44
When (and if) I get the final bugs worked out on my latest project, I'll announce a starting time and volunteer to be the first stop on the list.

Actually I have something new I've been working on I'd like to show as well. Add me to the tour stop list.
If I can I'll video the tour stops for a later presentation possibility -2Q

PapaSmurf
03-20-2013, 08:35
Folks,
I just added a new section on the Google Spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/a/woosterprinting.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av_1g-9ThQhbdDNrVEdSUlVydFB3X3BqOTUyTU1KMHc#gid=3) for the 2013 MAHHA Hammock Tour.
The tour will start at the pavilion on Saturday morning at 10:00 am. With your help, I will try to muddle through the duties of tour guide.

If you have something you'd like to show off, please add your name to the list.

It would be great for everyone to get an up close look at some of the latest new things out there.
Do you own a new Blackbird XLC, Versashelter hammock, Northwoods Wolf hammock?
Not just new hammock products either. Maybe lightweight setups, homemade setups, new suspension setups, stoves, insulation, etc?
Please sign up and show us your toys.

Tinkr
03-20-2013, 17:50
Im excited for this hang! The countdown begins!

Cranky Bear
03-20-2013, 17:54
Folks,
I just added a new section on the Google Spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/a/woosterprinting.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av_1g-9ThQhbdDNrVEdSUlVydFB3X3BqOTUyTU1KMHc#gid=3) for the 2013 MAHHA Hammock Tour.
The tour will start at the pavilion on Saturday morning at 10:00 am. With your help, I will try to muddle through the duties of tour guide.

If you have something you'd like to show off, please add your name to the list.

It would be great for everyone to get an up close look at some of the latest new things out there.
Do you own a new Blackbird XLC, Versashelter hammock, Northwoods Wolf hammock?
Not just new hammock products either. Maybe lightweight setups, homemade setups, new suspension setups, stoves, insulation, etc?
Please sign up and show us your toys.

Added to the list!

Demeter
03-22-2013, 08:10
Can anyone drive me to Caledonia to pick up my car? I would like to hike in but need a shuttle. It doesn't need to be Friday night (although that is preferable so I can contribute some stuff to the breakfast). Saturday is cool. I will be happy to pay for gas...

doogie
03-22-2013, 08:38
Can anyone drive me to Caledonia to pick up my car? I would like to hike in but need a shuttle. It doesn't need to be Friday night (although that is preferable so I can contribute some stuff to the breakfast). Saturday is cool. I will be happy to pay for gas...

I was planning on hiking in to the Quarry Gap Shelter on Wednesday night to give me another morning waking up in the piney woods and allow for a leisurely hike (with possible side trail exploration) into MAHAA with an early arrival.

What time were you planning on starting on Thursday?

PapaSmurf
03-22-2013, 09:03
Can anyone drive me to Caledonia to pick up my car?

Shouldn't be a problem. Just hunt me down Friday afternoon/evening.

doogie
03-22-2013, 09:07
Shouldn't be a problem. Just hunt me down Friday afternoon/evening.

I would like to go along too, so don't leave without me....if that's ok.

PapaSmurf
03-22-2013, 09:08
I would like to go along too, so don't leave without me....if that's ok.

No problem.

Demeter
03-22-2013, 10:00
No problem.

Thanks Papa Smurf!

Doogie, I would like to drop my kids off at school that morning and then have a 2+ Hour drive, so I'm thinking around 10 a.m.. Did you want to try to organize a meet up? We could always meet at the shelter that night.

[o]TTeR
03-22-2013, 13:31
Hey, just posted a new thread for the Name Tags (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=970034#post970034)so we can track it separately. I added examples of this year’s design, please check it out!

2Questions
03-22-2013, 18:07
...ZQ here...We have reserved 2 more sites at the group camping area. We now have all but 1 of the 6 sites available. Parking will be less of a problem now. We will not have the overflow parking at the family campground this year. There is a function happening at the park that Sunday, and they expect the campground to be full. We will have the AT overnight parking at the Furnace Stack area available to us, but space is limited there. The cars must be registered by the owner. Registration is available after office hours. We might need anyone that is willing to leave their car parked down on the other side of Rt. 30 in the AT parking lot, to do so. Cars must be registered there also. Maybe those hiking from Caledonia to Pine Grove can leave their cars there, and have someone take them down Friday and get the rest of their items needed for the weekend.

These 2 additional sites are on the other side of the parking area, and don't have many, if any, trees.:( They will be good for tents and hammock stands. Depending on how many people we have attending, we will need to invite any hammock stands that want to join us.:) If you have a hammock stand, and it wants to come along, be ready to bring it with you!

hercdiver
03-25-2013, 16:43
Sorry to say that NikkiC and myslef, hercdiver won't be making the hang this year. The Air Force has decided to move us to Texas before the hang dates. Loved last year and will miss everyone here on the east coast. Will have to get involved with the Texas hangers. I already took our names off the databases.

WalksInDark
03-27-2013, 17:27
Afternoon Everyone:

Gabe (my nephew) and I will try to be at this hang. Look forward to seeing all my old friends......and meeting lots of new ones!

bschap1
03-29-2013, 19:05
anyone passing thru scranton-wb on the way down? stuck for a lift atm..wanted to put some feelers out before searching out a bus. gas the rest of your trip obviously.

2Questions
03-30-2013, 13:11
The attendance spreadsheet shows 1 shy of 100!

Looks like we will have a full campground.
It has been mentioned before, but I recommend that if you have a hammock stand you can bring...do so.

Looking forward to seeing all for a great hang and those interested in the prehike in from Caledonia.
2Q

Demeter
03-30-2013, 20:52
The attendance spreadsheet shows 1 shy of 100!
2Q

I just had another hiker confirm, so we are now over 100!

I don't have a stand, will we have a problem hanging or do we just have to travel farther into the woods? BTW, I have no problem with being on the fringe :shades:

2Questions
03-30-2013, 21:33
I just had another hiker confirm, so we are now over 100!

I don't have a stand, will we have a problem hanging or do we just have to travel farther into the woods? BTW, I have no problem with being on the fringe :shades:

...Donna here...We have sites A,B,&C...these have a lot of trees. As hangers arrive, everyone should look at the layout of the trees and hang their hammocks in such a way to utilize all the trees available. There are also some treeless spots where stands and/or tents could be put.

We also have sites E & F...these are on the other side of the parking lot and if memory is correct, have far less trees. These sites will be good for any tents and stands, and maybe some hammocks on trees. Because we are not too familiar with these sites,Tim and I are going to drive out there the 12th or 13th and get a better idea of how many hanging trees are available on these sites. We will post our findings.

There are boundaries with each site, and we are not permitted to travel farther into the woods. We have all but one of the sites in the group camping area, and we should be able to accommodate everyone.

Those that have a stand that can be brought...please do. This doesn't mean you will have to use them if you don't want to....they can be available, if needed, for the late Friday night or Saturday morning arrivals.

If you don't have a portable stand...not a problem!

Also...a reminder....if anyone wants a campfire...and who wouldn't:), we will need people to bring Pennsylvania firewood with them. Or, PGFST allows downed wood to be collected for burning, but no chainsaws are permitted in the park. Maybe someone with a pickup truck and helpers could drive around collecting wood and go outside the park to cut it up...just a thought!:) We will have a total of 5 campfire areas...one in each site.

perrito
03-31-2013, 15:52
I'll be there with my teenage daughter. Let me know what we can bring to contribute to the feast.

stameboat
04-03-2013, 14:11
Turns out I can't get off work so I'll have to back out. See you guys at a hang eventually.

NarlocB
04-04-2013, 08:28
Looks like i will not be able to attend either. Work will have me traveling again for the last 2 weeks of April. I won't be back in the states till May.

PapaSmurf
04-04-2013, 08:48
Those that have a stand that can be brought...please do.

I'm hoping to bring a matching set of 3 stands that I hope folks will enjoy seeing.

Yojimbo
04-04-2013, 12:23
I've started making a YATS that my kids could use. I wanted to test it out before we make more for the Scouts anyway.

Pretbek
04-04-2013, 12:27
I'm hoping to bring a matching set of 3 stands that I hope folks will enjoy seeing.

Great! I am really looking forward to that.

Some of my more obsessed reading when I got hooked on hammocking was the stands, because I don't have many opportunities or locations to hang.

jerseydave
04-07-2013, 05:37
Looks like I'll be able to swing it after all, will be in the family campground and likely have a friend or two. Any last minute provisions needed? Where is the food list?

2Questions
04-07-2013, 06:17
Looks like I'll be able to swing it after all, will be in the family campground and likely have a friend or two. Any last minute provisions needed? Where is the food list?

...ZQ here...In the original post on this thread, there is a link for the sign up sheet. At the bottom of the page, there is a tab for the breakfast and supper food list. See you there!

jerseydave
04-07-2013, 11:28
Thanks Tim

2Questions
04-07-2013, 11:41
Thanks Tim

Actually, that was the better half....ZQ. But I'll take credit since I married her! LOL:lol:

stameboat
04-07-2013, 17:32
Quit my job early to make it but I'm back on the list to go.

Downhill Trucker
04-09-2013, 19:55
Hey 2Q... If I bring some aluminum flashing could I build a caldera cone at the hang after your demonstration? My old cone (from your original video!) is on its last leg!

2Questions
04-09-2013, 20:34
Hey 2Q... If I bring some aluminum flashing could I build a caldera cone at the hang after your demonstration? My old cone (from your original video!) is on its last leg!

Sure, we can carve out some time to make a few. Might have to happen after the group site tour though.

doogie
04-10-2013, 08:54
Can someone update the document for me (my access is blocked at work and I keep forgetting at home). Please change my "Maybe" for Raffle item to a Grand Trunk Flask as seen here
https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/2/1/5/9/6/gtflask.jpg

2Questions
04-10-2013, 09:02
Can someone update the document for me (my access is blocked at work and I keep forgetting at home). Please change my "Maybe" for Raffle item to a Grand Trunk Flask

Will do!
Donna

Edit: Done!

Dylan
04-10-2013, 20:21
:( I never thought I'd ever have to say this, but I cannot hang because of work. :(

I have to go to Texas and won't be back in time for the hang. Have fun everybody! I know you all will! And don't all snore too loudly!:lol:

2Questions
04-10-2013, 20:30
:( I never thought I'd ever have to say this, but I cannot hang because of work. :(

Donna here...That's too bad.....your boys will miss it maybe more than you! Tell them "Hi from Miss Donna"

2Questions
04-13-2013, 11:03
Donna here...Tim and I took a drive out to PGFST yesterday...and eventful day...but that is another story...another time.:)

Tim walked around the additional sites, counting hang spots...and we should have plenty of trees.

We sent a PM to everyone on the sign up sheet that had HF names. Here is a copy of the PM along with the group camping site diagram.

MAHHA Group sites and parking

A quick note outlining the group sites we have available for your use and a about parking.

We have sites A,B,C,E,F. Site D has been reserved for a BSA troop. Reference the attached picture to locate Site D (in red). There is a pathway back to Site D that must be kept open for them. No hanging in the pathway!

There are boundaries with each site, and we are not permitted to travel farther into the woods. We have all but one of the group sites so we should be able to accommodate everyone.

Parking will have to be managed closely to avoid problems. We have a big group this year! Although the parking area is large, it will fill up quickly. As you arrive Friday, please park toward the rear of the parking lot. We may have to park behind each other to fit us all in. Park close but give room for unloading.

Parking along the camp road is NOT allowed.

If you know of someone coming for just the day, please ask them to park in a day use parking area, not the group parking lot.

Those hiking up from Caledonia can leave their car at the RT 30 parking area. Arrangements can be made to get folks back to Caldedonia after the event.

We can set up hammock stands, if we need to, in the grass common areas in front of our reserved sites but there should be plenty of room back in the tree area for stands.

I think that's it!
See you all there!
2Q & ZQ
https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/1/3/6/pgfsp_ogt.png (https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=20537&c=newimages&cutoffdate=7)

Suede
04-13-2013, 13:09
I am the 100th camper to sign up.

sr1355
04-14-2013, 16:49
HOLY COW!!! 100 attendees will make for a great time, good thing we will have name tags. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

fallkniven
04-15-2013, 14:36
There are boundaries with each site, and we are not permitted to travel farther into the woods.

Do you mean to setup the hammock, or literally your not allowed to walk into the woods?

2Questions
04-15-2013, 14:45
Do you mean to setup the hammock, or literally your not allowed to walk into the woods?

Donna here.....looking at the diagram we posted....to the rear of sites A,B,C & E, are the boundaries we can't go beyond. These areas are not cleared of debris, downed trees and such.

I would think a walk in the woods is up to you....but camping isn't allowed.

Suede
04-16-2013, 12:08
This will be my first MAHHA (so this is my disclaimer of stupidity) and was considering bringing BBQ pulled chicken. I was thinking I would make it, store it and reheat it in my crock pot and keeping refrigerated in a cooler with ice. Will there be any electricity in the cooking/eating area? If not, I can store it in a pot.

Or, should I bring potato salad or other side dish? I saw that two people were contributing it already. I am trying to figure out what to bring - there are a lot of tbds and it's hard to know how much somebody is bringing of something. Would it be worth adding a column to the sheet approximately how many the contribution will serve?

JollyGreen
04-16-2013, 12:17
I'm hoping the trees have outlets on them so I can bring my flatscreen to watch the UFC saturday night. JK, my first time there too, I wouldn't count on any juice.

Suede
04-16-2013, 15:03
I'm hoping the trees have outlets on them so I can bring my flatscreen to watch the UFC saturday night. JK, my first time there too, I wouldn't count on any juice.

Nooo, I'm not like that. :) I'm only looking to figure out how to heat a dish for the pot luck and save some grill space. With 100+ people coming I thought it might help. Sternos would also work, which I may have.. hmmm... actually maybe a better idea.

2Questions
04-16-2013, 15:07
Donna here...I am pretty sure the pavilion has electricity. I will verify with Tim when he gets home from work.

PapaSmurf
04-16-2013, 15:32
I wasn't really gonna announce this, but here goes anyway.
Dream Hammock has the Paymaster's Cabin reserved for the weekend.
It's right across from the store and very close to the pavilion.

I've talked my Wife, Daughter & Son into coming over for the hang. My Wife & Daughter aren't really campers and they definitely ain't hangers (yet :)).
They are gonna sleep in the cabin. My Son (BearPlow) and I will sleep over in the Group Site, along with my good friend Frosty.

I'll have electric outlets, kitchen and a refrigerator available for anyone in our group to use.
Just get ahold of me or my wife (Deanna) if you want to store, cook, plugin, or refrigerate anything. Also if you have valuables or anything I might find useful, you are welcome to store them in the cabin.

All I ask is that we handle it in orderly, non-intrusive way so we don't drive my wife nuts.

Black Foot
04-16-2013, 17:21
I've talked my Wife, Daughter & Son into coming over for the hang.

So cool that you got the whole family to come along. Can't wait to meet everyone.

chattalotchuck
04-16-2013, 17:46
Hi everyone, i grew up southeast Pa. Born in West Chester. I'll be coming up from Chattanooga #101 on the list. Look forward see seeing all. Great job on planning. Many thanks to all. It will be my first hang with my new reduced weight gear that is. i just started backpacking usually a motorcycle hanger. went from 51 lbs at the 3rd Florida hang in January to 34 lbs at savage gulf in march. its looks like ill be at 15 for my visit up there and i believe i will hike in also. The load will be better this time. Hammockforums.net what a great idea, thanks

2Questions
04-16-2013, 18:34
Will there be any electricity in the cooking/eating area? If not, I can store it in a pot.

Donna here...I am pretty sure the pavilion has electricity. I will verify with Tim when he gets home from work.

There is electricity at the pavilion.
Donna

Ryvr
04-16-2013, 19:49
Hey all just finished my contribution to the raffle and thought I would share it here to drive some interest and help sell some tickets. Hope whoever wins it is able to enjoy it for years.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=2777&pictureid=18962

Its a hand carved Modified Otter Tail Paddle made from Brown Maple. It sports an oval handle and Elk Leather Grip. Its Branded with my Logo and commemorates the event with MAHA 2013 hand written underneath. Doesn't get too much more Canadian than this mates!!!

Cant wait to see everyone down there.

Ryvr

2Questions
04-16-2013, 19:54
Very nice! That's a great way for the attendees to remember the Canadians at MAHHA 2013!! Thanks for the fine contribution to the raffle. :thumbup:
2Q

RovinIIA
04-16-2013, 22:19
I would love to be able to attend this event. Sure seems like the right way to get the ball rolling for me in the hammock world. However I am not sure how everyone would feel about a complete noob stumbling around such a large event. I have yet to complete my total kit. I have plenty of gear from my ground dwelling days. However to date I have only managed to secure a hammock. I am still working on figuring out which fly, bug net and quilting I may need. So basically I'm not sure if it is a good idea to arrive under prepared. With only my pack and a hammock. I guess I could always pack the tent, but that would probably defeat the purpose.

JollyGreen
04-16-2013, 22:22
I'll have an extra tarp, along with others. Also they'll be plenty of quilts there, I'm sure you'll be fine. Come on and join the fun.

WV
04-17-2013, 05:57
I would love to be able to attend this event. Sure seems like the right way to get the ball rolling for me in the hammock world. However I am not sure how everyone would feel about a complete noob stumbling around such a large event.
You'll have people lining up to help you if you want. Don't be shy. :) Some will have extra gear (hammocks, tarps, underquilts) in case it's needed.

TDHanger
04-17-2013, 07:44
This will be my first Hang. I am hoping to learn a lot and have a good time.. I just have a Walmart tarp and some para cord to tie everything hope I don,t get wet or fall. Slap strap suspension. OK Maybe I will keep a tent in car just incase :)

XTrekker
04-17-2013, 07:48
For the raffle..I was curious to the day and time that it will be held...My plans are to drive up on Sat Morning and stay the night but its about a 4 1/2 hour drive so was curious if I would make the raffle event?

I could drive up Friday evening but I would be setting up late at night. Not even sure if the park gate would be open by time I got there.

TDHanger
04-17-2013, 07:51
RovinIIA I am also new to this and am just taking what I have ENO hammock,blue Walmart tarp and some para cord so don't feel bad. Looks like the best way to learn about hammock camping is to attend a hang. I will also keep a tent in my car just incase.

2Questions
04-17-2013, 08:07
Donna here...would someone in the know, please add more lines, above the total, to the sign up sheet? If not, Tim will, after work this evening. Thanks!

Suede
04-17-2013, 08:38
Donna here...would someone in the know, please add more lines, above the total, to the sign up sheet? If not, Tim will, after work this evening. Thanks!

this is done.

lazy river road
04-17-2013, 08:45
For the raffle..I was curious to the day and time that it will be held...My plans are to drive up on Sat Morning and stay the night but its about a 4 1/2 hour drive so was curious if I would make the raffle event?

I could drive up Friday evening but I would be setting up late at night. Not even sure if the park gate would be open by time I got there.

I am not sure about the gate but I would assume (and you know what they say about assumptions) that the gate would be open but that's just an assumption.

As for the raffle, that takes place right after dinner is served and eaten. I am not sure what time the pig is being served up but as long as you plan on being their for dinner you wont miss the raffle.

2Questions
04-17-2013, 08:46
this is done.

Thank you very much, kind sir!:)

2Questions
04-17-2013, 08:53

Donna here...I'm sorry, I must have missed your post. There are no gates that close, that I know of. I just tried calling the park, but they are not available right now. I will call later, and if there are gates, I will correct myself!

I am not sure about the gate but I would assume (and you know what they say about assumptions) that the gate would be open but that's just an assumption.

As for the raffle, that takes place right after dinner is served and eaten. I am not sure what time the pig is being served up but as long as you plan on being their for dinner you wont miss the raffle.

The pig will arrive and be ready to serve around 5pm....so dinner is a 5 :)!

Peter_pan
04-17-2013, 09:56
To answer xtreckers question the raffle is always held after dinner saturday...

Lots of great prizes as always, come prepared to play...

See ya'll there.

Pan

2Questions
04-17-2013, 12:51
Donna here...See post #99....I am correct....there are no gates keeping anyone from arriving late Friday evening.

RovinIIA
04-17-2013, 17:34
I am going to try and make it. So far it looks good. What is the deadline for sign up? I could always sign the sheet and send whomever collects the money the ten dollars i think it was. That way I would have a name tag if I make it, and nobody would be out any money if I couldn't.

XTrekker
04-17-2013, 18:35
Should I start making some Turtle-Dog Stands or yall think we will still have enough trees? I have 3 bamboo groves, 20+ years old, so supplies are plentiful, except for the metal poles.

TRU
04-17-2013, 18:57
I would love to be able to attend this event. Sure seems like the right way to get the ball rolling for me in the hammock world. However I am not sure how everyone would feel about a complete noob stumbling around such a large event. I have yet to complete my total kit. I have plenty of gear from my ground dwelling days. However to date I have only managed to secure a hammock. I am still working on figuring out which fly, bug net and quilting I may need. So basically I'm not sure if it is a good idea to arrive under prepared. With only my pack and a hammock. I guess I could always pack the tent, but that would probably defeat the purpose.

Come! I was (and still am) a complete noob at the Fall MAHHA event . I was my able to stay for the day Saturday(breakfast-dinner/raffle) and I learned a ton. I was wishing I had planned to stay for the weekend. Was treated like family and had only
been on the forums about 2 weeks prior to the event.

I'm bringing my wife and two boys next weekend! Exciting stuff!

[o]TTeR
04-17-2013, 19:31
I am going to try and make it. So far it looks good. What is the deadline for sign up? I could always sign the sheet and send whomever collects the money the ten dollars i think it was. That way I would have a name tag if I make it, and nobody would be out any money if I couldn't.

No cash required, the Name Tags are on me my friend; this is my contribution to Spring MAHHA. Please put yourself on the Attendance sheet and we’ll draft a tag for you, let’s call it “additional incentive”? :shades:

RovinIIA
04-17-2013, 21:30
TTeR;991239']No cash required, the Name Tags are on me my friend; this is my contribution to Spring MAHHA. Please put yourself on the Attendance sheet and we’ll draft a tag for you, let’s call it “additional incentive”? :shades:

OK signed up now I am one step closer. I noticed there is still one opening for a griddle. If it is an electric griddle I can supply one of those.

I want to thank everyone for being so positive about someone with such little hammock experience tagging along. Speaks volumes for this group.

Tinmar
04-17-2013, 22:02
Those hanging close to me will be glad that I purchased a multi-night battery set up for my CPAP. Tested it at home and it still had power after three nights!

Cranky Bear
04-18-2013, 08:26
Should I start making some Turtle-Dog Stands or yall think we will still have enough trees? I have 3 bamboo groves, 20+ years old, so supplies are plentiful, except for the metal poles.

Heck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2Questions
04-18-2013, 08:38

Donna here...With Cranky Bear's reply, I realized we never responded to your question. There will probably be enough trees with all the sites we have. But, some might want to hang close to others or with their "group". Having extra stands might be a plus. Also, we might have more show up then signed up.

As my mother always said..."It is better to have and not need...then to need and not have". If you enjoy making them, and it won't be a waste of your valuable time...go for it!:)

Cranky Bear
04-18-2013, 09:35
I said that as I would really like to see one made from bamboo...possibly one day own one.

XTrekker
04-18-2013, 11:06
I said that as I would really like to see one made from bamboo...possibly one day own one.

I'll try and make you one Cranky. Or at least bring ya the supplies to DIY one yourself.. Got alot of stuff on the To-Do list so not sure if ill get around to making any of them.

Cranky Bear
04-18-2013, 11:15
I'll try and make you one Cranky. Or at least bring ya the supplies to DIY one yourself.. Got alot of stuff on the To-Do list so not sure if ill get around to making any of them.

SWEEEEEEEET, you rock bro....

I hear ya on the "2 do" list :laugh:

Demeter
04-21-2013, 09:58
I am planning on day hikes Saturday and early Sunday if anyone's interested. I really enjoy plant I.D. and foraging. Any fellow enthusiasts wanting to join in?

Thinking we could fit in 6-8 miles Saturday between breakfast and dinner prep. Maybe north on A.T.

Sunday I would like an early start, so thinking of sticking to trails around the park....

Cranky Bear
04-21-2013, 10:53
Well as it stands now it may only be me and my youngest attending. Adia has to work and cannot get off work, and my oldest doesn't like going without Mom. Although this may change last second which is why I am leaving the spreadsheet as it is.

Jiblets
04-21-2013, 11:08
I'm signed up to bring a stove/grill and had planned to bring a small BBQ propane tank.

In light of recent events, I'm not comfortable bringing the propane tank across the border.

Would someone be able to bring a 10 or 20lb BBQ propane tank? Otherwise, I'll take myself off the sign-up sheet.

Thanks, Jiblets

2Questions
04-21-2013, 15:17
I'm signed up to bring a stove/grill and had planned to bring a small BBQ propane tank.

In light of recent events, I'm not comfortable bringing the propane tank across the border.

Would someone be able to bring a 10 or 20lb BBQ propane tank? Otherwise, I'll take myself off the sign-up sheet.

Thanks, Jiblets

No worries....We will bring one of ours.

MML
04-21-2013, 17:43
Well as it stands now it may only be me and my youngest attending. Adia has to work and cannot get off work, and my oldest doesn't like going without Mom. Although this may change last second which is why I am leaving the spreadsheet as it is.
Hey Cranky Bear; That leaves only one responsible person to babysit ya!
It use to take mom and both kids to watch you.
Now it may be only one to keep ya out of trouble.

TZBrown
04-21-2013, 20:35
Well it looks like we will be able to make the hang this year.

Anne even agreed to take a drive and hang out for a bit :)

A bit last moment, but we are looking forward to seeing everyone
We will be in the area on Wednesday, but do a bit of site seeing and visit a couple of folks. Will be at Pine Grove Furnace on Thursday PM.

2Questions
04-21-2013, 21:46
Donna here.....Reminder....we still need more to bring PA fire wood....unless someone comes prepared to collect downed wood, haul it outside the park, and cut up with a chainsaw. A handsaw or two at the sites would do, if exercise is your desire! We will have 5 campfire areas available to us...one in each campsite.

perrito
04-21-2013, 22:10
I'm not sure what firewood costs, but since I haven't contributed yet I'd be willing to pay some towards a load of firewood someone else brings in. I don't have a pickup truck.

Demeter
04-22-2013, 05:36
I don't think I will get my bug net finished in time for the trip. I live near enough in the swampy woodlands to know the mosquitos haven't hatched here. How are the black flies? Just wondering if I will get away without a bug net this weekend or should I bring my Hennessy?

Cranky Bear
04-22-2013, 08:41
Hey Cranky Bear; That leaves only one responsible person to babysit ya!
It use to take mom and both kids to watch you.
Now it may be only one to keep ya out of trouble.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yea there may be no shenanigans for me this time :crying:crying:crying:crying

Well that is until after she goes to bed ;)

TZBrown
04-22-2013, 08:45
Donna here.....Reminder....we still need more to bring PA fire wood....unless someone comes prepared to collect downed wood, haul it outside the park, and cut up with a chainsaw. A handsaw or two at the sites would do, if exercise is your desire! We will have 5 campfire areas available to us...one in each campsite.

I'm not sure what firewood costs, but since I haven't contributed yet I'd be willing to pay some towards a load of firewood someone else brings in. I don't have a pickup truck.

I am from MI so I can't help much there either.

On Line there is a place called Monn's (717) 532-4245, and several others.
If someone local could handle a transaction, I would also be interested in pitching in for firewood.

Maybe there is someone local from HF that knows the area and could set up a deal.
In my area a face cord, 16 inch by 4 ft by 8 ft stack sells for between 35 and 55.
One face cord or less, per fire would probably do, if it only burned after dark.
If 10 folks pitched in possibly about $20.00 each.

Any local volunteers to set up delivery?

TZ

2Questions
04-22-2013, 09:21

I am from MI so I can't help much there either.

On Line there is a place called Monn's (717) 532-4245, and several others.
If someone local could handle a transaction, I would also be interested in pitching in for firewood.

Maybe there is someone local from HF that knows the area and could set up a deal.
In my area a face cord, 16 inch by 4 ft by 8 ft stack sells for between 35 and 55.
One face cord or less, per fire would probably do, if it only burned after dark.
If 10 folks pitched in possibly about $20.00 each.

Any local volunteers to set up delivery?

TZ

Donna here...You guys have a good idea. Hopefully there is someone with a pickup truck...even out of state...that could stop for wood.

However.....There really is a ton of downed wood that could be collected and cut up...the only down side is the time involved.

QiWiz
04-22-2013, 10:21
I don't think I will get my bug net finished in time for the trip. I live near enough in the swampy woodlands to know the mosquitos haven't hatched here. How are the black flies? Just wondering if I will get away without a bug net this weekend or should I bring my Hennessy?

I think that black flies are more an issue in New England, and later in the year (like late May, June), than eastern PA in late April, but someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Tinmar
04-22-2013, 12:52
Is there cell service to phone home?

Tinmar
04-22-2013, 12:54
Donna here...You guys have a good idea. Hopefully there is someone with a pickup truck...even out of state...that could stop for wood.

However.....There really is a ton of downed wood that could be collected and cut up...the only down side is the time involved.

I can contribute $ for wood, if someone is picking up.

Tinmar
04-22-2013, 12:56

I'd love some bamboo to construct my 3rd stand. How much for 6 pieces.

2Questions
04-22-2013, 13:05
Is there cell service to phone home?

Donna here....not really. In the parking lot of the group camping area I have been able to send texts...but I don't think there is enough coverage to call. In the family campground last year, I wasn't able to call, but I could text. I have been able to call from the top of the hill at the Appalachian Museum, but that is hit or miss. Down the hill at the bathrooms, I wasn't able to send a text the other week when we were there checking things out. I have Verizon.

doogie
04-22-2013, 13:11
Donna here....not really. In the parking lot of the group camping area I have been able to send texts...but I don't think there is enough coverage to call. In the family campground last year, I wasn't able to call, but I could text. I have been able to call from the top of the hill at the Appalachian Museum, but that is hit or miss. Down the hill at the bathrooms, I wasn't able to send a text the other week when we were there checking things out. I have Verizon.

I can add AT&T to the sketchy coverage list. I have friends that have a cabin just up the hill and there are spots where you might be able to make a call, but you better turn off your phone at night if you want to have any battery left in the morning (for those who don't know, searching for a signal really kills the battery).

JollyGreen
04-22-2013, 13:27
4 days and counting.....

XTrekker
04-22-2013, 14:16
I'd love some bamboo to construct my 3rd stand. How much for 6 pieces.

Tell ya what, I'll trade ya something. My best friend Destikahr needs a compass. Hook him up with one and the bamboo is yours. He will be carpooling with me to the hang. So it will be a nice surprise for him. Unless he reads this post..lol

If ya need to find me just look for a guy rocking a Blaze Orange Hat.

WalksInDark
04-22-2013, 18:26
I am still trying to figure out what food to bring to the Saturday potluck. I was thinking about maybe bringing some lime chicken but would need to "Finish" it on a gas or charcoal grill.

Anybody know if there is room available on any of the potluck's grills?

Please let me know!

Thanks

Downhill Trucker
04-22-2013, 21:43
Half Pint and I are going to bring some firewood. We were camping up there last weekend and saw a guy who was selling it boxed up just outside the park. We both have SUVs so we can't get a ton of wood but we should be able to pick up a fair amount.

We both like FIRE, ironically...

RovinIIA
04-23-2013, 00:27
Half Pint and I are going to bring some firewood. We were camping up there last weekend and saw a guy who was selling it boxed up just outside the park. We both have SUVs so we can't get a ton of wood but we should be able to pick up a fair amount.

We both like FIRE, ironically...

I can jam a box or two probably in the trunk of my Toyota Camry but I won't be there before dark on Friday night. Just a thought. Do you know what the cost per box is?

RovinIIA
04-23-2013, 04:13
Actually I was wondering if any vendors will be attending this event. I not 100% sure how it works if they come and show/demonstrate products. Because I would love to see what kind of tarp options I might have for my ENO DN. As it stands I will be bringing a lovely blue tarp that has formerly served as a ground cover for a tent, should I have to cower under it in the event of rain.

JollyGreen
04-23-2013, 05:40
3 days and counting.......

2Questions
04-23-2013, 06:19

Donna here....I was going to ask Tim about this last night...but didn't get a chance. I'm guessing you won't need the netting....it is cool enough...but I'm hesitant to say definitely not. Not much help..am I! :mellow:

sr1355
04-23-2013, 06:41
Actually I was wondering if any vendors will be attending this event. I not 100% sure how it works if they come and show/demonstrate products. Because I would love to see what kind of tarp options I might have for my ENO DN. As it stands I will be bringing a lovely blue tarp that has formerly served as a ground cover for a tent, should I have to cower under it in the event of rain.

JRB, DreamHammock, DutchWare, UGQ, 2QZQ to name a few are planning on attending...

3 days and counting.......

WOOT!!!! Car is still packed from Smoked Butt Hang...:lol::lol::lol:

RovinIIA
04-23-2013, 07:29
JRB, DreamHammock, DutchWare, UGQ, 2QZQ to name a few are planning on attending...

Do they often bring stock in case something turns out to be a must have?

2Questions
04-23-2013, 07:32

No...MAHHA is a place for fun, fellowship, show and tell, and EATING!!!
Donna

PapaSmurf
04-23-2013, 07:45

No selling, but lots of cool things and good people.

A short tour will start at the pavilion on Saturday at 10am.
You will have a chance to see all the latest and coolest things from the above mentioned vendors as well as several individuals.
Come join us.

Ramblinrev
04-23-2013, 08:13
No selling, but lots of cool things and good people.

I've seen plenty of trunks and hatchbacks open _after_ the hang. Just saying....

RovinIIA
04-23-2013, 08:20
That is why I was tap dancing around the question. I wasn't sure of the protocol. I am all for the fun aspect. That's why I choose the outdoors over the couch. This whole Hammock bug bit me three weeks ago when I took a group of my Scouts on a hike/camp. I decided I didn't really like packing tents anymore. I ordered a hammock. Then last week I find this forum after stumbling upon Shug on Youtube. So I joined, within days I am set to attend my first group event. Just feeling overwhelmed and under-prepared. Something I'm not used to. I did not mean to step on any toes. I can certainly understand not wanting a flea market atmosphere. Would be something I would hide from myself. I was brainstorming a way to better equip myself. I can surly live through any weather that might come my way this weekend. However I will be taking copious notes.
Tyler

Ramblinrev
04-23-2013, 08:47
Just feeling overwhelmed and under-prepared.

Understandable but entirely unwarranted. As long as you stay warm and don't hit the ground it's all good. If you don't stay warm there are usually extras of good stuff to loan out and if you hit the ground everyone nods and welcomes you to the inner circle of hanging (which BTW includes just about everyone who shows up.)

Yojimbo
04-23-2013, 09:33
That is why I was tap dancing around the question. I wasn't sure of the protocol. I am all for the fun aspect. That's why I choose the outdoors over the couch. This whole Hammock bug bit me three weeks ago when I took a group of my Scouts on a hike/camp. I decided I didn't really like packing tents anymore. I ordered a hammock. Then last week I find this forum after stumbling upon Shug on Youtube. So I joined, within days I am set to attend my first group event. Just feeling overwhelmed and under-prepared. Something I'm not used to. I did not mean to step on any toes. I can certainly understand not wanting a flea market atmosphere. Would be something I would hide from myself. I was brainstorming a way to better equip myself. I can surly live through any weather that might come my way this weekend. However I will be taking copious notes.
Tyler

Rovin,
One thing you will find out there are the number of Scout Leaders who will be at MAHHA. I first went in the Fall and met several and learned much. My plan this time is to pick their brains for info to teach my Scouts how to make their own as a way to get them introduced to hammocking.

doogie
04-23-2013, 09:48
Rovin,
One thing you will find out there are the number of Scout Leaders who will be at MAHHA. I first went in the Fall and met several and learned much. My plan this time is to pick their brains for info to teach my Scouts how to make their own as a way to get them introduced to hammocking.

Count me in with that discussion. Looks like good weather. I may get a little wet starting out Wednesday night on the trail, but Saturday looks great.

Black Foot
04-23-2013, 10:14
Looks like good weather. I may get a little wet starting out Wednesday night on the trail, but Saturday looks great.

Dan and I will be camping on the AT near PGF late Wednesday night and then hiking down from Boiling Springs Thursday / early Friday. Hiking, hanging, and BBQ - can't wait :D

Downhill Trucker
04-23-2013, 11:38
I can jam a box or two probably in the trunk of my Toyota Camry but I won't be there before dark on Friday night. Just a thought. Do you know what the cost per box is?

The sign said 15.00 a box so I am hoping the boxes are pretty big to begin with. 😁

SoundMan
04-23-2013, 11:52
That is why I was tap dancing around the question. I wasn't sure of the protocol. I can certainly understand not wanting a flea market atmosphere.
Tyler

I think it would be great to have a time/place during MAHHA to buy, sell, trade or just give away items related to hammocking and backpacking. Everyone has kit that they don't use anymore and finding that gear a new home would be great.
Even giving our cottage industry vendors a chance to sell at MAHHA should be considered. This would give buyers a great chance to see/buy different products.

Just a thought...

WalksInDark
04-23-2013, 12:20
+1 on SoundMan's suggestion. :)

Encouraging gear swaps, exchanging gear --"I have this..which I don't need any more...but I need that;" letting cottage vendors bring and sell whatever they wish; "Pay It Forwards," all seem like natural things to have occur at a hang.

How else are we ever going to get any space in our basements and closets? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Demeter
04-23-2013, 12:21
I just found out no dogs allowed in the group camping area. I started a new thread if anyone wants to go in on a paid campsite, about 1/10 mile from the group site.

Cranky Bear
04-23-2013, 12:35
I think it would be great to have a time/place during MAHHA to buy, sell, trade or just give away items related to hammocking and backpacking. Everyone has kit that they don't use anymore and finding that gear a new home would be great.
Even giving our cottage industry vendors a chance to sell at MAHHA should be considered. This would give buyers a great chance to see/buy different products.

Just a thought...

I could do this, I have 3 quilts, two packs and two hammocks and probably a pot or two that I could sell or trade.

EDIT:
I actually may have 3 packs

Miguel
04-23-2013, 13:14
Is Friday a dish to pass meal or is it every hammocker for him/her self? I thought I read something about a dish to pass but can't seem to locate it.

Miguel

Yojimbo
04-23-2013, 13:20
Having an exchange area is one thing, but if vendors tried to sell their wares on public land they would need a special permit or business license I believe.

2Questions
04-23-2013, 13:20
Is Friday a dish to pass meal or is it every hammocker for him/her self? I thought I read something about a dish to pass but can't seem to locate it.

Miguel

Friday is everyone for themselves!
Donna

ferret
04-23-2013, 13:21
I could do this, I have 3 quilts, two packs and two hammocks and probably a pot or two that I could sell or trade.

Any of those a 40° uq?

Also, sometimes theres a pif basket, Merry usually has it. I got a twotents wooden spoon out of it at fall mahha.

2Questions
04-23-2013, 13:26
Having an exchange area is one thing, but if vendors tried to sell their wares on public land they would need a special permit or business license I believe.

Donna here....You are correct...

Pine Grove Furnace State Park does not allow commercial activity without written permission. Since this isn't what the MAHHAs are designed for, we (several planners/vendors) have no desire to get permission. MAHHAs have always been a time of fellowship, eating, and "show and tell". We want to keep our relationship with the management of the park in good standing so we will be welcome for future MAHHAs.

HappyCamper
04-23-2013, 14:50
However I will be taking copious notes.
Tyler

Bring your camera and take lots of close-up pictures of all the hammock gadgets, gear, and setups that you like. We all do it at every hang. Pictures go well with the copious notes. :)

Peter_pan
04-23-2013, 15:30
ALCON... ALL Concerned.

It has been stated several times that MAHHA is a fun, instructive, often family included, hang out...i.e. get together.

It is not for vending or as some say selling opportunity.

First, all of the participating cottages have had this agreement from its inception as the scond oldest contunuously running hang, second only to the Mt Rogers Winter Hang. I.E... Fun, fellowship, demos, but no selling.

Second, our camp use permits specifically exclude vending.

Third, if there was vending there would be tax collecting and payment to the host state, as there are at Trail Days...These situations are monitored by various "Big Brother Agencies"... We do not need these issues.

Fourth, It is becoming extremely hard to find hang accomodations with facilities large enough for our group (i.e.... Last year we out grew the Maryland Fall MAHHA Site at Gapland State Park)...The last thing we need as a group is to loose another hang site with great faciities because some unliscensed business want to turn a few bucks from the trunk of a car or set up "blanket or table sales".

Finally, a lot of volenteers work hard all year to see that this hang goes well and that our welcome is preserved... Also, to this end, the cottage vendors enable a free ride for all participants thru the conduct and support of the hang raffle. Literally they donate well over $1,500 of prizes each hang... It is also worth noting that the proceeds cover all the hang expenses with the residual supporting the Hammock forums, Whiteblaze, the ATC, Gathland State Park in MD and Pine Grove Furnace State Park. All of these folks do not wish to see the nature of the hang commercialized and potentially ended.

Pan

P.S. We can hang together on this issue or or see a great hang perish.

See ya'll Friday... Amen?

[o]TTeR
04-23-2013, 18:18
Hey, Just finished laying out Name Tag #121, It’s going to be an awesome hang this year! After all the “PM chats”, I’m can’t wait to get to Pine Grove and meet everyone.

I’m packing tonight but can accommodate any last minute requests so here’s the “Last Call” for tags! I will have writable tags at MAHHA in case we missed anyone or for those spontaneous types. :shades:

By “B.Y.O.L” I mean…Bring Your Own LANYARD (not Liquor but this does raise a question about PGF policies on the subject?)!! If you’re not a “Gator Clip” fan, please bring a lanyard

This is a Gator Clip…
http://www.oppictures.com/singleimages/400/18828.JPG

XTrekker
04-23-2013, 20:04
TTeR;995441']Hey, Just finished laying out Name Tag #121, It’s going to be an awesome hang this year! After all the “PM chats”, I’m can’t wait to get to Pine Grove and meet everyone.

I’m packing tonight but can accommodate any last minute requests so here’s the “Last Call” for tags! I will have writable tags at MAHHA in case we missed anyone or for those spontaneous types. :shades:

By “B.Y.O.L” I mean…Bring Your Own LANYARD (not Liquor but this does raise a question about PGF policies on the subject?)!! If you’re not a “Gator Clip” fan, please bring a lanyard

This is a Gator Clip…

For some reason, I had it in my head that you were making sticker style name tags. No worries. I have a few lanyards and gator clips

RovinIIA
04-23-2013, 22:22
Bring your camera and take lots of close-up pictures of all the hammock gadgets, gear, and setups that you like. We all do it at every hang. Pictures go well with the copious notes. :)

Never leave home without it.

RovinIIA
04-23-2013, 22:38
[SIZE="4"][B]ALCON... ALL Concerned.

It has been stated several times that MAHHA is a fun, instructive, often family included, hang out...i.e. get together.

I never meant for my question to snowball into what this has become. I just joined the forum last week and haven't meet any of you yet.The question was only to clear up my ignorance of the protocol. I really don't want to be known as "that guy". At least not until I have had a chance to really earn it. All in all my main goal from day one was to learn the ropes and possibly pick up on some good tips as to what I need to have a complete functional outfit.
Tyler

TRAVELER
04-23-2013, 23:54
Just a reminder once again, Carlisle will be hosting one of the largest car show/swap meets on the east coast this weekend ,so traffic could be an issue for some. just an F.Y.I. TRAV.

JollyGreen
04-24-2013, 05:38
2 days.......

Demeter
04-24-2013, 05:52
Hey either looks good. By the way Pennsylvania State Parks have a no alcohol policy in the camping areas. Unless you're in a and close trailer motorhome that is. At leas, the trailer policy was there the last time we were in our motorhome.

2Questions
04-24-2013, 06:15
I never meant for my question to snowball into what this has become. I just joined the forum last week and haven't meet any of you yet.The question was only to clear up my ignorance of the protocol. I really don't want to be known as "that guy". At least not until I have had a chance to really earn it. All in all my main goal from day one was to learn the ropes and possibly pick up on some good tips as to what I need to have a complete functional outfit.
Tyler

Donna here....no worries...you are not "that guy" :) Tim and I have been dealing with this issue through PM's for weeks now. It was time to address the issue publicly. See you Friday!

2Questions
04-24-2013, 06:21
Just a reminder once again, Carlisle will be hosting one of the largest car show/swap meets on the east coast this weekend ,so traffic could be an issue for some. just an F.Y.I. TRAV.

Thanks for the reminder!! An e-mail off to the pig lady to let her know...she was going to drop down into PGFSP from 81. Now it will be up from Rt 30.
Donna

2Questions
04-24-2013, 06:23
Hey either looks good. By the way Pennsylvania State Parks have a no alcohol policy in the camping areas. Unless you're in a and close trailer motorhome that is. At leas, the trailer policy was there the last time we were in our motorhome.

Yes, you are correct.....No alcoholic beverages allowed in the park. And, Rangers will be invited to attend the dinner.
Donna

perrito
04-24-2013, 06:33
[B]ALCON... ALL Concerned.

Pan

http://i2.ifrm.com/16192/191/emo/rant.gif"]http://i2.ifrm.com/16192/191/emo/rant.gif

No need to rant Pan. It was just a new guy asking about the protocol of the event and a few people asking questions. Take a deep breath....

2Questions
04-24-2013, 06:38
http://i2.ifrm.com/16192/191/emo/rant.gif"]http://i2.ifrm.com/16192/191/emo/rant.gif

No need to rant Pan. It was just a new guy asking about the protocol of the event and a few people asking questions. Take a deep breath....

Donna here....see post #168...no worries...all is well! Here's to a great weekend!:)

gexploits
04-24-2013, 07:50
Packing my gear today! Can't wait to see everyone!

sr1355
04-24-2013, 09:11
2 days.......

:D:D:D Hitting the road tomorrow night, drive part way then arrive Friday...

Cranky Bear
04-24-2013, 09:21
I don't know who's more excited me or my daughter, lol...can't wait to see everyone again.

lazy river road
04-24-2013, 09:58
Man ooohhh Man Life has been stressful and full of crazy surprises and twist and turns. Their was even a point where I was worried about not being able to make this hang. Still coming but got to leave Saturday night after the raffle :(. The tough part is going to be finding time between now and Friday to pack. I cant wait to sleep in my hammock and hang around with good peoples free of stress even if it is only going to be for 24 hrs. See you all in a few days.

doogie
04-24-2013, 10:03
I'm all packed too...heading to the trail tonight :D
I have 2 boxes of wood in my SUV, but I'm not packing it in. It will arrive in camp whenever I get a ride to pick up my vehicle on Friday (after a shower I think)

SoundMan
04-24-2013, 10:10
Pan & Donna,

Thanks for making excellent points on the spirit & focus of MAHHA .
I understand your positions and respect them.
I agree that we need to preserve our ability to get together and
have these hangs. I just threw an idea out there for consideration.

Everyone who has attended a MAHHA realizes how great an event it is.

See you there,

Peace

PapaSmurf
04-24-2013, 10:11
I'm all packed too...heading to the trail tonight :D
I have 2 boxes of wood in my SUV, but I'm not packing it in. It will arrive in camp whenever I get a ride to pick up my vehicle on Friday (after a shower I think)

Doogie, I'm heading down to Caledonia with Demeter on Friday afternoon/evening.
I'll have a seat saved for you, smelly or not.

2Questions
04-24-2013, 10:13
I am still trying to figure out what food to bring to the Saturday potluck. I was thinking about maybe bringing some lime chicken but would need to "Finish" it on a gas or charcoal grill.

Anybody know if there is room available on any of the potluck's grills?

Please let me know!

Thanks

Donna here...I completely forgot to answer your question. I was waiting for someone else to chime in....I think there should be room on the charcoal grill area. Someone is bringing, for breakfast, a gas grill and we are supplying the tank....they might have it running for supper if asked.

WV
04-24-2013, 10:58
WalksInDark, I'm in the same boat. I'm bringing ramps to steam for the potluck, and I'll probably try to rig a small charcoal brazier. It's not likely to be big enough for two large pots, but I'll have plenty of extra charcoal.

I'm not sure if I've run into you since Mt. Roger 4 years ago, but I sure remember that one. :)

Yojimbo
04-24-2013, 11:49
Stupid question: are there built in Charcoal Grills in the group sites and/or near the pavilion? Didn't see an answer on the parks web site.

2Questions
04-24-2013, 11:59
Stupid question: are there built in Charcoal Grills in the group sites and/or near the pavilion? Didn't see an answer on the parks web site.

There is one big one at the pavilion. We are bringing a bag of charcoal to grill the hot dogs, veggie burgers and other's goodies.
Donna

Yojimbo
04-24-2013, 12:07
There is one big one at the pavilion. We are bringing a bag of charcoal to grill the hot dogs, veggie burgers and other's goodies.
Donna

Ok I was planning on using my Dutch Oven to make Baked Apples. I can do 'em in one of the fire pits. Just means I gotta bend over. (man i am getting lazy in my old age.) I am bringing a small packable charcoal grill to cook my lunch, but not sure it can support the DO.

PapaSmurf
04-24-2013, 12:15
There are (or were) also built-in grills and grates on the fire rings in the Group Camping area.
Here are a couple photos of them from a couple years ago.

http://www.bsa69.com/photos/2011/07-10-2011%20AT%20Hike/IMG_3105.JPG
http://www.bsa69.com/photos/2011/07-10-2011%20AT%20Hike/IMG_3096.JPG

2Questions
04-24-2013, 12:24
Donna here...I am off to take our little girl to the doggie sitter...run errands...so...I won't be available for a bit to respond to questions on this post or PM's. When I get back, I will check and respond if needed. We are leaving for PGFST after Tim gets home from work. I should be somewhere late tomorrow morning with WIFI. I will check HF at that time. See everyone soon!

Dutch
04-24-2013, 12:57
I will have propane grills that I am sure will accomidate. I only need them for Saturday morning breakfast.

Jiblets
04-24-2013, 13:28
Donna here...I completely forgot to answer your question. I was waiting for someone else to chime in....I think there should be room on the charcoal grill area. Someone is bringing, for breakfast, a gas grill and we are supplying the tank....they might have it running for supper if asked.

That would be me, but it's not a grill, it's a large 2 burner stove with a griddle attachment. One burner is a turkey fryer. Let me know if you want it set up for the pot luck.

gexploits
04-24-2013, 15:53
I am also bringing a 2 burner white gas stove if needed by anyone. I can throw my small tailgating propane grill in the car too.

WalksInDark
04-24-2013, 18:05
Looking forward to seeing you again WV as well.

I love ramps...how did you know?

RovinIIA
04-24-2013, 18:17
I never saw any response about that last griddle someone was asking about. I have an electric one. I will throw it in the trunk with an extension cord just in case it is needed.

doogie
04-24-2013, 20:35
Hanging alone at a shelter on the AT. Rain has stopped. Life is good. See you Friday

Tinmar
04-24-2013, 21:31
I can hardly wait 'till Friday. Missed the hang last year. This will be my first. My Son did Mt. Rogers and lived to tell about it. He's taking the red eye in from San Fran Friday AM. We'll meet in VA and get to the camp Friday. Now all we have to do is decide which hammocks to hang. HH, ENO, BBWB, BM Bridge? Decisions, decisions.

JollyGreen
04-25-2013, 05:41
A wake up.....

Loki
04-25-2013, 06:06
This sounds like a great hang. Wishin' I could be there... Ya'll have fun for the rest of us!

Miguel
04-25-2013, 08:12
A wake up.....

Glad you're keeping track Jolly. I seem to be losing track of the days lately....a bi-product of being retired. I keep thinking every day is a Saturday.:D

Miguel

JollyGreen
04-25-2013, 08:44
Glad you're keeping track Jolly. I seem to be losing track of the days lately....a bi-product of being retired. I keep thinking every day is a Saturday.:D

Miguel

Must be nice....see you there.

WV
04-25-2013, 08:57
Planning meals is sure a lot easier for an event like this. I was jotting down menus and it started like this:
Friday supper: leftovers
Saturday breakfast: Dutchfare ... :)

Dutch
04-25-2013, 15:11
Planning meals is sure a lot easier for an event like this. I was jotting down menus and it started like this:
Friday supper: leftovers
Saturday breakfast: Dutchfare ... :)

I can't wait to see you WV

TRAVELER
04-25-2013, 15:20
looking forward to seeing all of you again and catch up on all the latest gadgets and gear !!!

Cranky Bear
04-25-2013, 15:36
Does anyone know if the recent rain/nasty weather left the grounds in a marsh like state? Or did the weather man goof again and it didn't rain there?

TRAVELER
04-25-2013, 16:16
we had a little rain not anything to worry about ,we were there last weekend and it was very very dry..:)

Cranky Bear
04-25-2013, 16:32
we had a little rain not anything to worry about ,we were there last weekend and it was very very dry..:)

Ahh cool thanks, yea the weather man said there were severe thunderstorms that was going to drop a "LOT" of rain across the southern half of PA. I figured since they are wrong most of the time just to ask on here as some of you live near PGF.

SoundWitness
04-25-2013, 17:15
I just learned that a death occurred in my family and although I have not heard what the funeral arrangements are going to be, I have to cancel my trip to the hang.:(

Not 20 minutes earlier had I just finished packing up my van for the trip.

I had signed up for bringing some supplies, but if someone could step up and help me out by bringing them, I would very much appreciate it.

I wish everyone attending a great hang! Sorry that I will miss it.......:mellow:

SW

Dutch
04-25-2013, 18:41
Take care SW. There will be other hangs.

PAHikingTrails
04-25-2013, 19:50
I hope its not too late! I just learned about the hang this week. My wife and I will be there Saturday to Sunday. I was there last year, it was a nice time.

dink712
04-25-2013, 20:01
:( have been trying for a month now to figure out how to get there...mom's health (pulmonary embolus) has just not improved enough to leave her yet...maybe next year!!

perrito
04-25-2013, 20:28
I had signed up for bringing some supplies, but if someone could step up and help me out by bringing them, I would very much appreciate it.
SW
I got your back there SW. Plastic forks and garbage bags, right?

Sorry for your loss.

DGrav
04-25-2013, 21:15
Psyched that I am actually going to be able to make it!

SoundWitness
04-25-2013, 21:22
I got your back there SW. Plastic forks and garbage bags, right?

Sorry for your loss.

Perrito;

Thank you. I owe you.........

Ramblinrev
04-25-2013, 21:49
Don't hold your breath... but I may be down for Saturday. I won't be staying the night and that's the kicker. But it seems like a long time since I've been around. The wife is away and I may just play.

jwright
04-25-2013, 22:21
Any last minute needs?

I'm driving up from MD Friday noon-ish and have room in the car. If anybody needs a last minute ride or something picked, up shoot me a PM.
jason

RovinIIA
04-26-2013, 00:07
OK I think I am ready or at least as near to it as can be expected. I have gone from 0 supplies but an itch to try it out a week and a half ago. To attending my first hang due to overwhelming support and friendliness on this forum. I will not be arriving until sometime well after dark on Friday as my oldest is in a talent show that I can't miss. I am going to try and attach a photo or two of what I have cobbled together. Let me know if you see any glaring over sites.
Thanks

sr1355
04-26-2013, 05:36
ZERO DAY... drove to Cranberry PA last night, found a bed for a little sleep, I was too excited to get any real sleep. Heading back on the road for a few more this morning and should be pulling in around noon...

Peter_pan
04-26-2013, 06:12
Headin out in an hour or so... see ya'll mid afternoon.

Pan

Pretbek
04-26-2013, 13:32
Let me know if you see any glaring over sites.
Thanks

I can't tell if you have an Under Quilt (UQ) to avoid Cold Butt Syndrome (CBS).

I will bring my Phoenix UQ for you just in case.

RovinIIA
04-26-2013, 13:38
I purchased some Refletix to put down first then I have also packed both my wife's and my Northface sleeping bags to try and fake all around coverage. But thanks so much for the offer. I would love to see how an underquilt fits on a hammock in person.

BFGMofo
04-26-2013, 13:56
BFGMofo and OldMart are inbound. Should be there 4ish.

RovinIIA
04-26-2013, 14:32
BFGMofo and OldMart are inbound. Should be there 4ish.

To you and all the others in route, travel safely. Can't wait to put some faces to all the names.

XTrekker
04-26-2013, 15:02
Leaving Sat morning ill be part of the late commer crowd

Union41Proud
04-26-2013, 19:39
To all the MAHHA hanger:

Hang easy knowing I have your back 1100 hrs to 2300 hrs all weekend. While you all are having a great time I am working the Cumberland County Pennsylvania 911 center just a bit north of Pine Grove in Carlisle. Weather couldn't be better I hope a grand time is had by all. I hope to make the fall hang!

Mustardman
04-26-2013, 22:08
I JUST moved back home to PA a few weeks ago, and didn't realize the hang was so soon. We just started thinking about hammock hangs tonight, decided to check HF, and saw that the mega-hang is this weekend. Is is too late for two more to crash the party?

PAHikingTrails
04-27-2013, 00:20
I JUST moved back home to PA a few weeks ago, and didn't realize the hang was so soon. We just started thinking about hammock hangs tonight, decided to check HF, and saw that the mega-hang is this weekend. Is is too late for two more to crash the party?

I would think not, just update the list for 2QZQ. See you there!

G.L.P.
04-27-2013, 00:36
see you all in the early afternoon sometime ....
just drove 10 hours to get back home so i can come to Mahha :eek:
i'll be heading out soon as i get up and pick up the dog,clean the truck and load up ;)

Ramblinrev
04-27-2013, 05:53
I had a horrible night last night so I won't be making it down. Seems like the story of my life the last few years. Sorry to miss you guys again, but better home and live than asleep at the wheel on the road somewhere.

Mustardman
04-27-2013, 07:47
Loading the car now, and we should be there in three hours or so. Looking forward to meeting the East Coast hammockers!

Porkroll
04-28-2013, 07:30
My daughter (Katherine) and I had a great time, as usual. Thanks to everyone that makes this great event possible, you are all amazing! I look forward ton the next hang, and so does Kat!

RovinIIA
04-28-2013, 10:44
Just finished unloading the car. Thanks for a great time. I'm glad I was given incentive (Otter) awesome name tags. I had a really great time putting some faces to the names. I saw some really great setups. Now once I stop the spinning in my head I can get down to accumulating some of these treasures. I have another protocol question brace yourselves. When where and how to we share pictures and idle chit chat about this weekend? Will there be a new thread somewhere?
Looking forward to the next time.

Mustardman
04-28-2013, 11:09
When where and how to we share pictures and idle chit chat about this weekend? Will there be a new thread somewhere?

While this was my first MAHHA, I've organized some of the Colorado hangs, and generally somebody starts a thread in the "trip report" section of the forums. In fact, there's one there already, although there may be some more "official" ones once more people get settled in after the weekend.

XTrekker
04-28-2013, 17:30
Was an awesome hang. Thanks to all who pitched in to make this happen. You rock.

grannypat
04-28-2013, 20:38
Just finished unloading the car. Thanks for a great time. I'm glad I was given incentive (Otter) awesome name tags. I had a really great time putting some faces to the names. I saw some really great setups. Now once I stop the spinning in my head I can get down to accumulating some of these treasures. I have another protocol question brace yourselves. When where and how to we share pictures and idle chit chat about this weekend? Will there be a new thread somewhere?

I'm laughing--I always come home needing to buy many things which I saw at a hang, things I never knew existed a few days ago! Aren't group hangs fun?

2Questions
04-28-2013, 20:41
When where and how to we share pictures and idle chit chat about this weekend? Will there be a new thread somewhere?

A thread has been started in "Trip Reports".
Donna

k5bpc
04-29-2013, 14:55
Thank you for the Awesome event... already looking forward to the next one!

nyhiker50
04-29-2013, 16:45
Those hanging close to me will be glad that I purchased a multi-night battery set up for my CPAP. Tested it at home and it still had power after three nights!

I'm sorry I wasn't there. I could not make it since i had other obligations. I'll have to think about my C-PAP. Within a radios of one mile I can destroy buildings and hearing. The devastation in the outer circles up to 2 miles depends on how far out you are. I'll try to get to the next hangout though and I'm still trying to set op my own. Don't worry, I'll move away.:lol:

BFGMofo
04-29-2013, 20:59
It was great meeting everyone. This was my best group hang yet and I look forward to many more. I am in Northern VA and anytime someone is looking for a last minute hang buddy, give me a shout. I plan to make several trips to hang and hook some VA Brookies if anyone is interested. Swing easy my friends and I look forward to heading north to hang with my new Canadian brothers.