PDA

View Full Version : Whoopie Hook and Ridgerunner Question

dstenberg1
02-07-2013, 10:05
Can the two dog bones on the Ridgerunner suspension both fit in one whoopie hook? Has anyone ever doubled up two amsteel loops inside a whoopie hook?

Thanks!

breyman
02-07-2013, 10:10
I've never tried it and doubt they're designed for that. Looking at the whoopie hooks here on my desk, it seems like it'd be a tight fit. Even if they did fit, I'd be concerned that both dog bones are being pulled in slightly different directions out to the triangle suspension. That would both increase the chance of one of them slipping out and could compromise the strength some as the whoopie hook is meant to be pulled inline and not at differing angles.

Dutch
02-08-2013, 04:25
I think it will work however I think the eye is too small. Dynaglide should fit though. I think I might do this to mine.

dstenberg1
02-08-2013, 14:04
Thank you both for the responses!

krshome
02-13-2013, 12:15
I don't have a WBRR but I do have a DIY Grizzly Bridge. I'm not super familiar with Brandon's suspension setup but on mine I have one continuos piece of Amsteel for my suspension triangle. I hitched one descender ring to the end of the suspension and hitched a continuos loop to the descender ring for my Whoopie Hook. You could probably delete the descender ring. I have not used the Whoopie Hooks very long and I'm afraid if using the hook in the same spot over time it might creating a week spot in the Amsteel, so I like the loop. Hope this helps.