PDA

View Full Version : List of Southeast Hangs

crackrbilly
02-22-2013, 18:53
I would like to build a list of hangs in the southeast. Im not computer savy so help me out. I would like to build it like the list made for the hangs we already have. where one name is under the other or if anyone has a better way plz chime in. plz leave date and place including state

example:00/00/13 Hidden Hammock Hang, Hammock Haven HOC
Spring City,TN

Rain Man
02-23-2013, 02:39
Well, Neo has four hangs a year now, at Meriwether Lewis National Monument & Campground on the Natchez Trace Parkway, near Hohenwald, TN.

Rain Man

bonsaihiker
02-23-2013, 10:05
Why do we need another list? More than one will make it a lot more difficult to keep track, IMHO.

crackrbilly
02-24-2013, 19:55
we r tryin to plan a hang or several, if there is a list then we can delete this post, i done a search and didnt find one, plz hook me up with the list, Thanks

crackrbilly
02-26-2013, 08:10
they say theres a list of hangs for the S.E. can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

MAD777
02-26-2013, 09:46
You could check the Hammock Forums calendar for a quick look at the hangs coming up. They aren't sorted by geography but that shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully, trip planners are posting to the calendar.

chickenwing
02-26-2013, 10:05
You could plug this into an RSS reader and track the hangs.
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=115

or subscribe to this one
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/search.php?do=getnew&f=113

I use Google Reader to view the RSS feed and just add the hangs in South Carolina to this Google Calendar
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=1fojrg8n5sp673quoe7j4i3nok%40group.calen dar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

crackrbilly
02-26-2013, 14:48
You could check the Hammock Forums calendar for a quick look at the hangs coming up. They aren't sorted by geography but that shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully, trip planners are posting to the calendar.

Thanks but im lookin for a list of annual hangs so not to plan one(s) at the same time.

crackrbilly
02-26-2013, 14:51
You could plug this into an RSS reader and track the hangs.
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=115

or subscribe to this one
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/search.php?do=getnew&f=113

I use Google Reader to view the RSS feed and just add the hangs in South Carolina to this Google Calendar
https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=1fojrg8n5sp673quoe7j4i3nok%40group.calen dar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

Thanks, im tryin to plan a hang not lookin to keep up with or post a hang to come, until we find a slot that fits

crackrbilly
02-26-2013, 15:02
Im still looking to build a list( not on HF but for my use.) As some of u may b following we r building a campground and we r looking to have a few hangs. I have a SE map on the wall and as folks chime in with date and place i will mark it on the map, that way we wont plan over someone else. Thanks for the help!

TallPaul
02-26-2013, 16:35
I'm not aware of any list that includes all the group hangs in the SE.

I think you would have to look thru the SE trip planning section and devise your own list. You could also look at the calendar on the site but that isn't updated.

crackrbilly
02-26-2013, 17:04
I'm not aware of any list that includes all the group hangs in the SE.

I think you would have to look thru the SE trip planning section and devise your own list. You could also look at the calendar on the site but that isn't updated.

Thanks that what im trying to do is make a list of my own, I would like for folks who know a date and place of a hang in the SE to chime in, i will keep up with things myself just need the info

Captain Smiley
02-26-2013, 17:43
Well, I know of two great south eastern hangs here in South Carolina. There's the Fall Sprawl and the Spring Swing. Check my Sig to get the dates. There's one in Florida I keep seeing, meaning to get to that one some day. There's a few in NC I'm pretty sure too. I believe the infamous Shug shows up at that one.

bonsaihiker
02-26-2013, 21:05
So, you are wanting to make a list of annual hangs and their typical dates for planning purposes? I thought you wanted to have another list of upcoming hangs like the current planning forum.

You could go through the forum and find the dates for the major forums I suppose, but it might just be easier to look at the forum, pick a date you want to host a hang, and then post it to the forum.

Catavarie
02-26-2013, 22:37
You can check my Signature for a Google Calendar I put together when planning the Smoked Butt Hang. Need to go through and update it a bit further still though, but should give you a good starting point.

swankfly
02-26-2013, 22:39
It would be nice if all the hangs were on the calendar.

swank

crackrbilly
02-27-2013, 10:17
Well, I know of two great south eastern hangs here in South Carolina. There's the Fall Sprawl and the Spring Swing. Check my Sig to get the dates. There's one in Florida I keep seeing, meaning to get to that one some day. There's a few in NC I'm pretty sure too. I believe the infamous Shug shows up at that one.

Thanks ive marked them on my map

crackrbilly
02-27-2013, 10:29
So, you are wanting to make a list of annual hangs and their typical dates for planning purposes? I thought you wanted to have another list of upcoming hangs like the current planning forum.

You could go through the forum and find the dates for the major forums I suppose, but it might just be easier to look at the forum, pick a date you want to host a hang, and then post it to the forum.

Thanks, Ive gone through the fourm and have some but its not up to date and most hangs show up only weeks or so b4 they happen i dont want to wait all yr for a list. We also would like to attend some hangs through out the yr and it would b easier to plan in advance. I will post the list when its finish

crackrbilly
02-27-2013, 10:30
You can check my Signature for a Google Calendar I put together when planning the Smoked Butt Hang. Need to go through and update it a bit further still though, but should give you a good starting point.

Thanks so much

crackrbilly
02-27-2013, 10:32
It would be nice if all the hangs were on the calendar.

swank

yes it would, when im done ill post it for everyone

Cali
02-27-2013, 11:10
The Goat Island Hang in Greenwood, SC is May 16-19, but that one is on the calendar. It's a good hang to come to. :thumbup:

crackrbilly
02-27-2013, 16:27
The Goat Island Hang in Greenwood, SC is May 16-19, but that one is on the calendar. It's a good hang to come to. :thumbup:

Thanks ill add it to the map

bonsaihiker
02-27-2013, 18:45
Mt Rogers winter hang is the third weekend of January. So, apparently, is the Florida hang.
Hoosier hang is on the weekend closest to "tax day" or April 15th.

crackrbilly
02-27-2013, 18:58
Mt Rogers winter hang is the third weekend of January. So, apparently, is the Florida hang.
Hoosier hang is on the weekend closest to "tax day" or April 15th.

Thank you, not sure where Mt Rogers is, do we know the town for florida or hoosier? ill look to c if i can find them.