PDA

View Full Version : who attended the mount rogers winter hangout

neo
01-26-2009, 15:07
who all attended the mt rogers winter hangout.i really want to make it next year.since i got 100% soul custody of my two sons 2 years ago i cant take off at the drop of a hat any more,see every body next year at the hangout:cool:neo

Mrprez
01-26-2009, 15:22
I was there. When is your next TN hang going to be?

NCPatrick
01-26-2009, 15:23
I was there too.

Doctari
01-26-2009, 15:32
Me also.

I counted at least 33 during the: Picnic / raffel / photo Opp. Plus Refrigerator & Mt Man who had to leave early.
I am not sure if I missed any, too many faces to keep track of, but I do think that about 3 or 4 (or more) were out hiking when I did my count.

Cannibal
01-26-2009, 15:42
I was there in spirit! Call it an "out-of-body-hang".

fin
01-26-2009, 15:43
I was there, (sweating in my BB, Sock, VB and Katahdin UQ,) and it was definitely an experience that I want to repeat on a regular basis.:D Next year, no refrigerator on my back.:laugh:

HappyCamper
01-26-2009, 15:46
Me, me, me!

FishinFinn -- NCPatrick is gonna make me a sock. Can't wait to try it out since I'm such a cold sleeper!

Peter_pan
01-26-2009, 16:22
Smee and Pan were there.... Actual coun't was not taken that I know of but there were 34 or so at 9PM Fri nite and at least 6 more arrived late Friday...Some where around 40 should be correct. ..Perhaps two more arrived on Sat.

pan

fin
01-26-2009, 16:28
Me, me, me!

FishinFinn -- NCPatrick is gonna make me a sock. Can't wait to try it out since I'm such a cold sleeper!

You are lucky to get one of NCPatricks socks, he does a great job. Did you get a look at my sock (HECU) while you were at the hang? I am definitely a "sock evangelist" for cold weather hanging - I never got a drop of condensation either night, my quilts were bone dry all weekend, and I was actually too warm both nights. If anyone had asked at the hang, I had 3 or 4 different socks with me that they could have tried. HC4U scored one of my silk socks - I can't remember which version, as I was experimenting with different openings/zipper combinations - I can't wait to see/hear how it performs for him. Shug has another version of the silk sock that he has already done a mod to, and I'm kicking myself for not completing myself. When I catch up with school and work, I will be making a couple more - just have to get the right zippers ordered. But they work great, and you will not be disappointed. I'm also going to be making just a top cover for the BB that utilizes elastic around the entire edge to hold itself on - no zippers required. I am expecting around 8 oz. for just the top cover.

hootyhoo
01-26-2009, 16:48
I bet the weather was nice for it. I was invited but had other plans. Wisenber did you make it?

Grillmastertoo
01-26-2009, 20:00
Did someone mention a TN hang?

MacEntyre
01-26-2009, 20:26
Didn't Stormcrow and Thorwren get an estimate of how many attended, from name tags?

WrongTurn
01-26-2009, 20:34
I was there but left saturday before I could get a name tag.

Mule
01-26-2009, 20:59
Mule was there.

slowhike
01-26-2009, 21:21
We could probably look back at the "sign up list" & recall who how many of those showed up and maybe some who were not on that list.

headchange4u
01-27-2009, 09:34
I heard that I was there, but I never trust second hand information. :p :D

Kanguru
01-27-2009, 10:35
Me too...but I had to leave after supper Saturday for work Sunday. :(

neo
01-27-2009, 11:46
Did someone mention a TN hang?

i will be hosting a hangout on the natchez trace parkway in late april.this will be the 3rd spring hangout i have hosted.in october i will host the 3rd fall hangout also:shades:neo

stormcrow
01-27-2009, 11:51
Yes we did get the left over tags. Some people that I know where there did not get their tags and I we have heard from some of them that missed it for other reasons or might have left early. The tags are at home right now. We went though almost all of them and then some. We made some blanks for people not on the list and most of them were gone. If there were not 40 people there then it was REALLY close to that.

So this was the first group campout Jenny and I have been on with HF and we just have to wonder...are they all that awesome?! Other than some unfortunate accidents with ice and whatnot, it was just a blast! One thing that I did not like about this trip was the fact that there were many people I did not get a chance to talk to. LOL. Just too many things going on...in a good way of course.

We are both planning on making trail days at Hot Springs. I might try to get in a section while I am at it...;) I hope to see all of you again in the future.

Adam

Ewker
01-27-2009, 11:54
i will be hosting a hangout on the natchez trace parkway in late april.this will be the 3rd spring hangout i have hosted.in october i will host the 3rd fall hangout also:shades:neo

so you are doing it again this yr? For some reason I thought you weren't. I will plan on making it a weekend this time.

neo
01-27-2009, 13:07
so you are doing it again this yr? For some reason I thought you weren't. I will plan on making it a weekend this time.

thats great eddie,remember the trail magic me and rain man found on the side of the road for you 2 years ago:cool:neo

slowhike
01-27-2009, 21:42
So this was the first group campout Jenny and I have been on with HF and we just have to wonder...are they all that awesome?!
Adam

Nope... y'all weren't there:(:D
Hope to see y'all at Hot Springs!

animalcontrol
01-27-2009, 21:58
<<< at Mt Rogers

Darby
01-27-2009, 23:53
Myself and Smithobx were there. Neo, are you going to make any of Ed Speer's events this year?

SkyDog
01-28-2009, 08:24
I heard that I was there, but I never trust second hand information. :p :D

OK... That kinda sums it up for me too...<g>...

So very nice to see old friends and make new ones. Too many to remember, too much going on. <==Which was great!

THANKS to all who helped me! As you may know, I have two broken (back) ribs from the fall. Kinda hurt hiking out; but, I was fortunate to be with great folks who carried my pack(s) the last half mile or so....

Nice to be with such a great bunch!

Thanks again!

neo
01-28-2009, 08:28
Myself and Smithobx were there. Neo, are you going to make any of Ed Speer's events this year?

i plan on making it to at least one of ed's hangouts.me and trinity and my two son's :cool:neo

Just Jeff
01-28-2009, 09:00
Yep - they're all that awesome! But this is the first time we've had so many people. The previous ones were a lot less busy just b/c there were fewer people. Both good and bad, I guess...we had time to talk to everyone and see everyone's setups, but this time we got to meet so many new people.

Hooch
01-28-2009, 10:00
Guilty as charged. I was there. Best attended hang I've ever been to. As much fun as I had, I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming fair-weather hangs though. See y'all in Hot Springs and hopefully at one of the MAHHA events this year.

WalksInDark
01-28-2009, 13:15
Yep, I was there.

mixinmaster
01-28-2009, 18:07
I was there ...........later than I had planned on.....but there all the same.....I posted a couple of Saturday evening video clips on YouTube if anyone wants to check them out. They actually need some good "hangers name identification" anyway. I have no idea who most of the people were......... I pretty much just staggered in and started filming:)......

Mrprez
01-28-2009, 18:11
I was there ...........later than I had planned on.....but there all the same.....I posted a couple of Saturday evening video clips on YouTube if anyone wants to check them out. They actually need some good "hangers name identification" anyway. I have no idea who most of the people were......... I pretty much just staggered in and started filming:)......

Links? Got links to them thar videooos?

stormcrow
01-28-2009, 18:12
Vl-Y4ZZMAiM

o-2YKp12GA8

mixinmaster
01-28-2009, 18:32
Thank ya StormCrow and AngrySparrow for the helping hand!:) I would have done it but wasn't sure how really.

Oh, if you like you can click on the "up arrow" at the lower right of the video and enable the HQ that will show the video in higher quality. Might only be practical with high speed internet, however.