PDA

View Full Version : my new dd frontline hammock rocks

neo
03-03-2013, 08:12
:)i love my new did front line hammock.I was a die hard claytor jungle hammock hanger 7 year till my claytor jungle hammock was stolen a couple weeks ago.I bought my girlfriend a did front line last year and loves it.I installed whoopie slings that my good friend lazy boy made for me.I give the did front line hammock a two thumbs up and a 5 star rating :cool:Neo. http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/dd-frontline-hammock

Snopes
03-06-2013, 13:00
Well...now you have thrown another wrinkle into my hammock. :)

Is it still just as comfortable when placing a sleeping pad between the two base layers?

Cannibal
03-06-2013, 13:26
neo, I think you're crazy when it comes to pads vs underquilts (:lol:), but you and I agree on this item...for sure! I do like the DD Frontline Hammock. It is one of the very few in that category of hammock style that I really like, but I shore do like it!

ragnall
03-06-2013, 13:28
I'm glad your replacement gear is coming in this soon.

Ragnall

Ewker
03-06-2013, 13:30
for some reason I just don't like the looks of the bugnet. Seems like a lot of hassle to get it rigged right..but what do I know since I haven't tried it yet..kind of like pads and UQ's :rolleyes:

whose UQ do you have on it?

neo
03-06-2013, 18:43
for some reason I just don't like the looks of the bugnet. Seems like a lot of hassle to get it rigged right..but what do I know since I haven't tried it yet..kind of like pads and UQ's :rolleyes:

whose UQ do you have on it?

:)i look the bug net it is very easy and super roomy.the underquilt it wilderness logics:cool:neo

Snopes
03-11-2013, 10:27
Alright Neo. Your PM the other day turned me on to DD hammocks. I liked what I saw and put in an order last night for the Frontline. According to FedEx it should be here tomorrow! I can't wait! My first hammock!:D

BillyBob58
03-18-2013, 14:47
So here is yet another hammock to be considered!

I have yet to see a complaint of calf pressure with this brand of hammock. Every body OK in that area?

Are y'all doing the usual diagonal lay, or laying mid-line?

How is it for side sleeping?

neo
03-18-2013, 21:17
Alright Neo. Your PM the other day turned me on to DD hammocks. I liked what I saw and put in an order last night for the Frontline. According to FedEx it should be here tomorrow! I can't wait! My first hammock!:D

:)super quick and it is shipped from scotland lol:cool:neo

craige
03-19-2013, 05:21
Congrats and I'm your happy with your new rig.

I don't own a dd hammock but I have a tarp and they have the best prices in the uk for amsteel.

Customer service is great and very fast responses to emails, I placed my order for a 4x4m tarp and 60m of amsteel at 3pm and had my order the next day with a free t-shirt... in fairness I live only 8 miles from them :p but very fast dispatch.

BackPackHiker
03-20-2013, 13:19
I didn't really like the DD Travel hammock that I tried out. I have the Frontline and I am planning to review it in the spring (along with the Bridge Hammock Battle series). I am anxious to see how the Frontline compares to the Travel Hammock.

My brother also tried this hammock and doesn't care for it.

I could not get a comfortable diagonal lay in the Travel hammock but I believe it is designed to be a mid-line lay. Also when I inserted a mat it would always slip to the side making an uncomfortable sleep.

After sleeping in the DD Hammock I always woke up sore in my legs and my neck. I wouldn't recommend the DD Travel Hammock but I am still unsure of the Travel Hammock. They are similar though.

g9aQpv8AmvY

So here is yet another hammock to be considered!

I have yet to see a complaint of calf pressure with this brand of hammock. Every body OK in that area?

Are y'all doing the usual diagonal lay, or laying mid-line?

How is it for side sleeping?

neo
03-21-2013, 19:37
:)these hammocks are 55 inches wide i get a good diagnal lay in mine:cool:neo

cv66seabear
03-21-2013, 22:55
:)these hammocks are 55 inches wide i get a good diagnal lay in mine:cool:neo

Neo, how tall are you? I'm 6'2", 250lb. I wonder if I could get a comfortable diagonal lay?

This would be my first real camping hammock, and I'd get their tarp because the price is right and it's huge.

Kent

neo
03-21-2013, 23:35
Neo, how tall are you? I'm 6'2", 250lb. I wonder if I could get a comfortable diagonal lay?

This would be my first real camping hammock, and I'd get their tarp because the price is right and it's huge.

Kent

i would get a longer hammock then i am 200 and only 5 ft 7 in:cool:neo

cv66seabear
03-22-2013, 15:12
Yeah, I was looking at the specs and these are awfully short. Thanks

neo
03-22-2013, 21:15
Yeah, I was looking at the specs and these are awfully short. Thanks

9 ft is a great length for most people though.:cool:neo

Rockdawg69
03-22-2013, 22:02
Another hammock to try at the spring hang. Thinking I might just jump in while you be gone to town. Someone needs to watch the stuff!:eek::eek: