PDA

View Full Version : Clark Vertex

hacktorious
01-31-2009, 16:24
Anybody use the Clark Vertex yet? I am interested in a Clark, and was thinking about getting a Vertex so my 5 yr. old can sleep in it with me. Any thoughts?

angrysparrow
01-31-2009, 16:26
I've been curious about the Vertex as well, but nobody has posted yet saying they have one. You might be the first!

hacktorious
01-31-2009, 16:41
The price seems a bit high. It looks like you have to purchase the rain fly seperatly too.

Narwhalin
01-31-2009, 18:02
The price is definately going to keep most from ordering that one, IMO...I was thinking about the same question yesterday!

Cannibal
02-02-2009, 11:16
Yeah, I want one just because it looks cool. Maybe this summer when funds allow, but the price is a little scary.

hacktorious
02-02-2009, 14:08
Yes, it does look cool. I would have already bought one if the price was somewhat realistic.

The thing I don't like about the Clark's is the insulation issue. Well, I consider it an issue. I don't like the idea of using those pockets. I don't think it would work very well for keeping me warm.

However, I don't like underquilts either. I prefer a double-bottom with a pad and wings.....lol

I never had much luck with my underquilts. I always get cold spots and the wind cuts through too much.

Anyhoo, I am thinking of getting the Claytor Expedition instead. It would be nice for my son to be able to sleep next to me in the same shelter.

NCPatrick
02-02-2009, 14:15
Maybe a bunch of us could chip in and buy one of these... and take turns sending it around to try out.

Sell to whoever once we're finished testing? That's the only way I'd be able afford trying one of these out.

fin
02-02-2009, 15:18
I'm going to buy a Vertex......

right after I win the lottery.:rolleyes:

hacktorious
02-03-2009, 15:11
I think I would prefer getting a Claytor Exped for my son and figure out a way to hang him under the same tarp as me. I tried the board trick in the basement with my JungleHammock, and an HH. It seemed to work ok, but will likely work much better with another claytor, and outdoors.

hacktorious
02-03-2009, 15:16
Whahooo, count me, Kiwi, and Quita in for the hang. Quita is our new puppy. However, he won't be much of a puppy by then.