PDA

View Full Version : Help on WWM width?

Bonesat97
03-16-2013, 17:58
I am planning on ordering a WWM this month, but I am unsure of which width to go with. Just some info on me... 6', 165lbs, and I'd rather carry less weight in my pack and be a little less comfortable than carry more weight. I have just under a 10 lb base weight and I'm leaning towards the 52". I'm just wondering if any of you have the 52" width and what you think of it in terms of overall comfort. Thanks in advance for your response...Bones

Qwik512
03-16-2013, 19:04
The WWM (52 width) is my favorite of all the hammocks I own. I'm 5'8 and 170 lbs. Although mine is a double with a knotty mod, it is extremely comfy and plenty wide for me. I typically side sleep diagonally in it with no problems. The bonus is it's also the lightest and most compact hammock i've seen. Hope this helps, Cheers

Fish<><
03-16-2013, 19:21
For the minimal weight savings I personally don't think it's worth it, but that is exactly what it is personal. Just by switching to hammocks I saved a ton of weight and gained comfort. I garauntee you won't see too many grams different with the widest they offer and the 52. Yeah you'll save weight but you might sacrifice a little comfort.

jbrianb
03-16-2013, 20:20
Based on your size, I'd recommend 56 over the 52. That is based on seeing other hammockers who are used to wider hammocks try to make the transition to a 52... Tough to go to that from an ENO Doublenest. If you've got/have used/like narrower hammocks, 52 might be fine. If not, I'd recommend 56 for a 6 footer.

Thanks for considering us!

TheBrewGuy
03-16-2013, 20:36
I went with the 56" width and I'm very happy. There is tons of room in it, and for the few grams extra its worth it. I was using a GT Nano before which is 48" so I wanted more than 4" extra, and 8" did the trick. The GT was just too small (also only 9' long) to sleep in all night. My WWM is roomy and very comfortable. I think the extra length and proper sag makes a big difference too. I'm 5'10" and 160lbs btw.

spaceweaseal
03-16-2013, 20:38
I really like a 60.
I can alway find the sweet spot in a 60 and the extra fabric, (with the knotty mod) helps keep my TQ and pillow in my hammocks.

Bonesat97
03-17-2013, 10:45
Thanks to all who have responded so far. I think that I will probably go with the 56" and be just a little more comfortable... tough for me to do this with the extra half ounce...so much extra weight to carry (at least in my mind).
Bones