PDA

View Full Version : backpacking

bearpinata
03-18-2013, 09:29
anyone interested in hiking anywhere in north carolina i am available anytime let me know i need a hiking buddy thanks

dakotaross
03-19-2013, 13:45
I don't get out as much as I'd like, but my wife wants me going with a hiking partner which seems to be hard to find - or at least hard to coordinate schedules. I'm working up the AT from NOC. Probably going to skip GSM for now, maybe do that in the winter to utilize my downmat and winter bag. So, you're right around where I want to hike and hang. Planning on getting out for sure the weekend of June 7-9 if you're interested - AT section just before, or just after GSM.

MAD777
03-19-2013, 14:15
I don't get out as much as I'd like, but my wife wants me going with a hiking partner...

My wife said this to me the other night! She thinks I'm getting old or something. Don't these wives realize that there's a big life insurance payoff for them if I don't come back alive? :rolleyes:

FireInMyBones
03-19-2013, 19:19
Well, keep an eye out for hangs in the Pisgah Nat. Forest. I like to head up there when I have the opportunity. If you want to try out the Foothills Trail in SC let me know.

FLRider
03-19-2013, 19:24
My wife said this to me the other night! She thinks I'm getting old or something. Don't these wives realize that there's a big life insurance payoff for them if I don't come back alive? :rolleyes:

Heh. Just come hike with me in Ocala in August some time...that'll teach her to get ya a hiking partner...:D

RickNC
03-22-2013, 13:06
anyone interested in hiking anywhere in north carolina i am available anytime let me know i need a hiking buddy thanks

Let me know- I'm near Winston-Salem. Pilot Mtn, Hanging Rock, Uwharrie, Stone Mtn, Doughton, Mt. Rogers.. All close and beautiful. I'd be glad to explore. Drop me a line in messages.

millergear
03-22-2013, 14:40
Anyone up for a weekday trip, leave this coming Thursday (3/28) afternoon/evening, return Saturday? I'm thinking Birkhead Widerness, Southwest of Asheboro, NC. Or the Uwharrie/Dutchmans Creek trails.

FYI, I'm old and slow!

I have a slew of new gear to try out, and a wife that thinks she's my Mother! Hates my solos.

millergear
03-25-2013, 06:43
Anyone up for a weekday trip, leave this coming Thursday (3/28) afternoon/evening, return Saturday? I'm thinking Birkhead Widerness, Southwest of Asheboro, NC. Or the Uwharrie/Dutchmans Creek trails.

FYI, I'm old and slow!

I have a slew of new gear to try out, and a wife that thinks she's my Mother! Hates my solos.

Got my steak, polish sausage and biscuits prepped! Leaving RTP 1PM Thursday for the Birkhead wilderness. Get to use a slew of new gear. Pack tent (Heresy!), boots, Ti grill, UL Saw, wrist GPS, Neoairand more. Have some trails not on the map to explore and will be marrking the Camp 3 trail north.