PDA

View Full Version : SPRING MAHHA 2013 – Putting Names on Faces!

[o]TTeR
03-22-2013, 13:26
We’ve finally settled on the layout of this year’s Spring MAHHA Name Tags!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8092/8579639723_a67a80b401_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8390/8579639675_82c0a3eac8_c.jpg

Over the next 4 weeks, we will be working through the Attendance Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av_1g-9ThQhbdDNrVEdSUlVydFB3X3BqOTUyTU1KMHc#gid=0)(also posted on the Offical Planning Thread (https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67695)) and sending out Name Tag drafts (via PMs) to everyone on the list for a final “Ok” before we proceed with printing & lamination. In addition to putting names on faces, the tags identify you and your guests attendees of the event, in short….you’ll need the tag for group meals so please sign up if you haven’t already done so? The final deadline for tag requests is April 24th, on the 25th I’m off to Pine Grove Furnace for what is sure to be an Awesome Weekend!! See you soon. :shades:

Black Foot
03-22-2013, 13:28
Wow! Nice work, love the cuben fiber background detail....thanks for doing this.

mph5
03-22-2013, 13:34
Looks great!
Love the background photo.

Marti

2Questions
03-22-2013, 13:37
A BIG Thank You to [o]TTeR for designing and making the name tags!!:thumbup: ZQ

Two Tents
03-22-2013, 13:47
[o]TTer, Thanks for doing this and for such a generous up to the last minute cut off time. My dog ben and I will wait till it gets closer to the cut off and see if I'm improved enough health wise to make MAHHA. It has been slow going since I got out of the hospital. Fingers crossed that I can get there. We want another souvenir name tag for this years Spring MAHHA if we get to go. The last one you did for both of us is on the trophy shelf. Peace, Two Tents and ben.

TRU
03-22-2013, 13:57
It's getting closer!! My wife has never slept in a hammock and was just asking if we are "really" going to do this! I told her, YEP!

SoundWitness
03-22-2013, 14:12
[o]TTeR:thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you for undertaking this project. Looks fantastic!!

doogie
03-22-2013, 14:20
Looks very nice. Thanks for handling this.

Tinkr
03-22-2013, 14:52
Totally awesome! Can't wait to have mine!

Cranky Bear
03-22-2013, 14:57
Once again awesome work [o]TTeR!

dant8ro
03-22-2013, 15:32
I see you snuck the furnace in the background... looking good buddy.

Dan.:)

G...Hawk
03-22-2013, 18:19
Thank you [o]TTeR
for the artwork we get to take home.

G

Pretbek
03-22-2013, 20:54
Those name tags look great, thanks for getting this done.

Yojimbo
03-22-2013, 21:06
Love the looks of the name tags. Now my kids want to have trail names on theirs. We are working on that now. Will update online sheet shortly. Can we pick any country flag or perhaps state flag?

[o]TTeR
03-23-2013, 10:31
A BIG Thank You to [o]TTeR for designing and making the name tags!!:thumbup: ZQ

[o]TTeR:thumbup::thumbup:
Thank you for undertaking this project. Looks fantastic!!

Looks very nice. Thanks for handling this.

Totally awesome! Can't wait to have mine!

Once again awesome work [o]TTeR!

Those name tags look great, thanks for getting this done.

Offering the Name Tag service is my pleasure and contribution to MAHHA, I had a great time last year and plan to keep this as a tradition as long as you continue holding the Spring event. I’m honored by the complements and positive feedback on this year’s design and thank you in return! :blush:

Wow! Nice work, love the cuben fiber background detail....thanks for doing this.

Looks great!
Love the background photo.
Marti

Thank you [o]TTeR
for the artwork we get to take home.
G

I see you snuck the furnace in the background... looking good buddy.
Dan.:)

Thanks, it took me a while to figure out the design, I really struggled with the background. I wanted to switch up from last year’s dark “Candle Lantern” shot for those collectors in the group. Starting with just a “Cuban fiber texture”, I wanted to add the PG Furnace to reference the location, after a couple of Photoshop layer attempts I gave up, put the Furnace shot from last year’s set on my TV, setup my HG CF tarp and shot through it!

48309 48310

[o]TTer, Thanks for doing this and for such a generous up to the last minute cut off time. My dog ben and I will wait till it gets closer to the cut off and see if I'm improved enough health wise to make MAHHA. It has been slow going since I got out of the hospital. Fingers crossed that I can get there. We want another souvenir name tag for this year Spring MAHHA if we get to go. The last one you did for both of us is on the trophy shelf. Peace, Two Tents and ben.

I really hope I get to make tags for you fine gentlemen, even if you’re feeling up to trip last minute, let me know and I’ll get them done! I noticed an interesting stat yesterday….Ben is a very popular guy, the average Flickr hits on last year’s photo set (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgallagher123/sets/72157629939779963/with/6985463772/) is about 35 accept for the shot Ben…289 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgallagher123/6985463772/in/set-72157629939779963)view!

It's getting closer!! My wife has never slept in a hammock and was just asking if we are "really" going to do this! I told her, YEP!

Let’s get your tags done quickly? Once there printed and Laminated there’s no going back :thumbup:

Love the looks of the name tags. Now my kids want to have trail names on theirs. We are working on that now. Will update online sheet shortly. Can we pick any country flag or perhaps state flag?
Hey Artjrk, I can customize by request so long as it’s within reason (flags and trail names are reasonable). Just send me a PM and we’ll figure it out.:shades:

To open it up, anyone wanting Custom work (Avatar, flag change, slogan….) send me a PM and I’ll let you know if we can accommodate it??:shades::shades:

jerzybears
03-23-2013, 12:38
Russ and I are so psyched up now!!! :D Thank you Otter for your offer and talent!

G...Hawk
03-23-2013, 17:08
TTeR;970626']

Thanks, it took me a while to figure out the design, I really struggled with the background. I wanted to switch up from last year’s dark “Candle Lantern” shot for those collectors in the group. Starting with just a “Cuban fiber texture”, I wanted to add the PG Furnace to reference the location, after a couple of Photoshop layer attempts I gave up, put the Furnace shot from last year’s set on my TV, setup my HG CF tarp and shot through it!

48309 48310

[o]TTeR,

Wonderful seeing an image of you getting an image.

G

[o]TTeR
03-24-2013, 12:11
Just a quick update, the Name Tag list has grown to 85 including a couple of place holders, I sent out the first 30 drafts this morning and will be sending more over the next week to catch up to the list :shades:

A few notables & reminders...

- For the Junior Hikers (children tags) I will add "I hike with <Parent/Guardian>" under the name in case any of our little guests go "walk about", please request this if you want it, I can’t tell the difference between kids & adult guests.

- Custom work isn’t a bother at all so If you have a request, PM me and I will let you know if it’s possible :shades:

- Once I get the :thumbup: from you on your tag layout, they get printed and laminated. I will bring them down to Pine Grove when I come to MAHHA.

[o]TTeR
04-14-2013, 15:32
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8532/8648635295_49123a38a6_b.jpg

Now that we’re 2 weeks from meeting at Pine Gove Furnace, we’ve started printing and finishing the accepted tags, currently, 103 in the “Print folder” :thumbup:

Just a heads-up, I’ve had a change in my schedule and will need to move the deadline for Name Tag requests to the 23rd.

sr1355
04-14-2013, 16:51
Great looking name tags, thanks for putting this together for everyone.

XTrekker
04-15-2013, 07:56
I know im alittle late but can I still get a nametag for me and Destikahr?

[o]TTeR
04-15-2013, 08:19
Great looking name tags, thanks for putting this together for everyone.

Thanks, doing the tags is a mutually beneficial proposition! From my perspective, I’m labeling everybody because I forgot where I put my short-term memory, I can’t remember names to save my life. :mellow:

I know im alittle late but can I still get a nametag for me and Destikahr?

It would only be too late if it was the 23rd today, it’s no problem my friend, I will get a PM out to you this afternoon. :shades:

[o]TTeR
04-23-2013, 18:15
Hey, Just finished laying out Name Tag #121, It’s going to be an awesome hang this year! After all the “PM chats”, I’m can’t wait to get to Pine Grove and meet everyone.

I’m packing tonight but can accommodate any last minute requests so here’s the “Last Call” for tags! I will have writable tags at MAHHA in case we missed anyone or for those spontaneous types. :shades:

By “B.Y.O.L” I mean…Bring Your Own LANYARD (not Liquor but this does raise a question about PGF policies on the subject?)!! If you’re not a “Gator Clip” fan, please bring a lanyard

This is a Gator Clip…
http://www.oppictures.com/singleimages/400/18828.JPG